Women's Championsleague

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

While the women's game still hasn't achieved an acceptable level of development in Spain, things are improving.

Yesterday, Athletic 2, Fortuna 1 in the Nuevo San Mamés before over 9,000--not a bad turnout at all :!: Hey, SteffenM, whataya know about Fortuna :?:

Today, Minsk 0, Barça 3 Final score.

Women's league in Spain still very unbalanced--a few good teams greatly overshadow some that are very poor. You can check standings on futbolme.com. Atlético, Athletic, Barça, Valencia tend to be the leaders--no surprise.
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

SFK 2000 0-0 Rossyanka

http://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleag ... index.html

An incredible result for our team. I gave them minimal chance to get away with a draw from this match. The club from Russia was better throughout the game but the defence of SFK stood confident and deflected all the threats. The 2nd leg is scheduled on 13th October and why not hope for a sensetion :)
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Got to watch Barça 2, Minsk 1 on fc.barcelona.com. A good portion of the game was played in a pouring rain, making the field at the Mini Estadi nearly unplayable, the ball stopping in puddles frequently. Enjoyable experience; hope to attend one of those Women's CL games in the Mini Estadi some day.

Barça advances to the octavos 5-1 on agg.

In the other game in which a Spanish team is taking place, it's :arrow:

Fortuna 3, Athletic 1 at about 85'. First leg ended 2-1 in favor of Athletic. Fortuna took the lead today at 49'; Athletic tied at 69'. Fortuna goes ahead 2-1 at 84', thus tying the aggregate score, and overtime looms. Fortuna scores what looks to be the winner at 119' :!:
Malko

Post by Malko »

Lyonwithout problems 5-0 too......
Paris playing today...
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

Rossiyanka 2-1 SFK 2000 (agg. 2-1)

What a shame, the Russians scored the winning goal in stoppage time with just two more minutes to be played. It would have been a sensation if SFK had advanced and now we have just another day in the office. I have big respect to the girls who played today as being on par with the champion of Russia is not a small feat. Hope next year will be even better for our women football :)
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
Malko

Post by Malko »

PSG now 4-0 vs Lillestroem...seems to be good.....ouf!

4-1 and Paris is like Lyon in the round of 16.....
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Brescia Calcio (ITA) - Medyk Konin (POL) 3-2 (6-6 on agg.). Brescia advanced thanks to away goal rule. So close to produce an upset... :(
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

Didn't have time to watch any of the R32 matches. :( R16 will be drawn on Monday at 13:30cest. Teams from the same country will be kept apart (this concerns Sweden and Germany).

Seeded
Lyon (FRA, holders) coefficient 114.410
Wolfsburg (GER) 116.535
Rosengård (SWE) 85.615
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) 74.410
Fortuna Hjørring (DEN) 51.705
Brøndby (DEN) 50.705
Barcelona (ESP) 49.695
Rossiyanka (RUS) 44.365

Unseeded
Bayern München (GER) 34.535
FC Zürich (SUI) 34.240
Brescia (ITA) 27.705
Slavia Praha (CZE) 25.550
Eskilstuna United (SWE) 21.615
FC Twente (NED) 21.600
BIIK-Kazygurt (KAZ) 17.270
Manchester City (ENG) 16.830

I can only hope that Bayern won't be drawn against either of the French teams (or Rosengård). But then again, Bayern will also be the team to be avoided by any of the seeded clubs.

http://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleag ... d+seedings
Malko

Post by Malko »

Menin France should take an example . there is always or nearly always a french team in CL-final. Should be the same with men......Therefore it's a pity that PSG played in an nearly empty Charlety-Stadium (capacity 25 000) Lyon has a fair attendance for women who even play in the Grand Stade de Lyon.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Barça drew Twente. Dutch fans--comments :?: I confess, I know nothing about the Twente.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

full draw

Round of 16 draw (9/10 and 16/17 November)

Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) v BIIK-Kazygurt (KAZ)
Barcelona (ESP) v FC Twente (NED)
Slavia Praha (CZE) v Rosengård (SWE)
Manchester City (ENG) v Brøndby (DEN)
Brescia (ITA) v Fortuna Hjørring (DEN)
Lyon (FRA, holders) v FC Zürich (SUI)
Eskilstuna United (SWE) v Wolfsburg (GER)
Bayern München (GER) v Rossiyanka (RUS)
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

AlanK wrote:Barça drew Twente. Dutch fans--comments :?: I confess, I know nothing about the Twente.
Last season they also met in this round, Barcelona won both legs with 1-0.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Has the seeded team not the home-right in second leg? How dis they derminate this then?
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Apparently there just is a draw to determine the home team (like in CL and EL-Q for men).
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

AlanK wrote:While the women's game still hasn't achieved an acceptable level of development in Spain, things are improving.

Yesterday, Athletic 2, Fortuna 1 in the Nuevo San Mamés before over 9,000--not a bad turnout at all :!: Hey, SteffenM, whataya know about Fortuna :?:

Today, Minsk 0, Barça 3 Final score.

Women's league in Spain still very unbalanced--a few good teams greatly overshadow some that are very poor. You can check standings on futbolme.com. Atlético, Athletic, Barça, Valencia tend to be the leaders--no surprise.
Sorry, not much I know.
As I guess is the case the most places, women football aren't that big.

I heard before Danish women football is solid, but I am actually still surprised how well they are doing.

What I do know is that Fortuna Hjørring is in the north part of Denmark (north of Aalborg) and Danish woman league in turns have been dominated by Brøndby and Fortuna Hjørring.

Fortuna has won the Danish champ. 9 times since 1994 (latest 2016)
Brøndby has won it 10 times since 2003. , now currently Brøndby and Fortuna seems to be on top. (latest 2015)

The national team are mostly dominated by Brøndby, but Fortuna has 3 players also.
When looking at the u23 NT, it is more equally Fortuna and Brøndby as the biggest providers with (6-8 each).

The younger you go the more spread are they (as I guess is quite usually) but also Fortuna starts to dominate then Brøndby.
So my own "pocket analytic conclusion" is they got a young squad with a solid number of own talents.
With maybe 5-6 foregin players.

I got curious for the attendence,
it turns out the record for woman clubfootball in Denmark is 883, which was the game of Fortuna-Brøndby where the medals were handed over.

Total of season is 12.615 attendence in 86 games, that's an average of 147 per match.

The Swedish is on 907 in average for the 2015 season. :shock: :shock: