Women's Championsleague

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Malko

Post by Malko »

Last edited by Malko on Thu May 26, 2016 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Malko

Post by Malko »

IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

Congrats to Lyonnais! :wink1:
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

spoonman wrote:Congrats to Lyonnais! :wink1:
Indeed :wink: :!:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Malko

Post by Malko »

Lyonnais is an adjectif.........therefore the club is called Olympique Lyonnais. The girls are Lyonnaises......
Thank you spoonman for your fairness......the french girls really deserved it....
SirHenri

Post by SirHenri »

Congrats to Lyonnais as well !
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

I meant our forum colleague of course.
Malko

Post by Malko »

oh yes..seems logical :-)
Now lwt's hope that Aulas will construct a men-team as competitive in Europe than the women-team...
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

So this has been the 9th year of a French-German dominance, with 6 German and 3 French titles. Let's see if anyone can break that oligopoly next year.

And let's see if Bayern can survive the 1st knockout round for a change. :grin1:
Malko

Post by Malko »

...and now FC Metz is coming into the first french women-s league to....
But Lyon and Paris SG are out of reach....
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

Since Bert refuses to add the Women's Champions League to his site, :wink1: here are the teams for next season:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%8 ... ague#Teams
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

spoonman wrote:Since Bert refuses to add the Women's Champions League to his site, :wink1: here are the teams for next season:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%8 ... ague#Teams
CF Benfica are the Portuguese champions. They have nothing to do with much better known SL Benfica, their men's section play regional level football (4th tier).
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

Hi guys, I was out tonight but I followed the score on the internet. We apparently had the best chances, so it's good to have won the lottery of the penalties (we have lost the first final in 2010 on penalties vs. Turbine Potsdam).
So 3rd crown for the girls but we are still behind the FFC Frankfurt who won 4 times.

I hope that I will be able to see the men winning the Champions League too once in my life.
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Malko

Post by Malko »

Thunder_PT it's like in germany with Frankfurt. the women's team is from quite a different club than the men's team who was in first Bundesliga this year.

Lyonnais, it's great that the french public sercie (France Television) gave this final. it's a shame that the extra-time moved from France 2 to France 3........

But the biggest shame is that here 3kms from my home, in France, i can find nearly NOTHING concerning fanarticle for the European Championship in France . 20 kms away in germany, it's hard to find anything that has nothing to do with his EM.
Concerning the men winning CL; it's only a question of means......why should something possible with women not be possible with men ?
France has probably the 2-3 best women-teams in Europe...yes, this Wolfsburg would certainly end behind Lyon and PSG in women's Ligue1)....should be possible for men....
Leeuw

Post by Leeuw »

[quote="Malko"

Lyonnais, it's great that the french public sercie (France Television) gave this final. it's a shame that the extra-time moved from France 2 to France 3........

[/quote]

I agree with you Malko, that is something that I don't like. It has happened a lot to me especially when watching cycling in the tour of the france then you have the everything but the finish. Belgian TV does it a lot. So I have on my decoder the game until the start of the extra time, so probably I won't watch it. The last time I watched women football I didn't like it so much. It stays the same sport but there is huge difference between men and women soccer. Hockey is a team sport for example that I like a lot for women. Other team sports not that much. Maybe beach volleybal.