Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

AlanK wrote:
SteffenM wrote:1 - 1
10 yellow cards and 1 red card.
The most for Midtjylland.

Barcelona players are rolling, and the ref. fell bad for them. :/
Thanks for the details--embarrassing stuff like this isn't mentioned on uefa.com's text account of the game.
No worries.
It ended with 11 yellow and 2 reds. Both teams ended with 10 players on the pitch. And yes, the ref. was very bad and couldn't control the game. Hope he had a bad day.

3-1 is misleading. Barcelona got 2 goals in 2 minuttes. 2 goals which were completely alike.
A rush in Barcelonas right side, the substitud for the Midtjylland player who were sent of, Hagelskjær, slipped both times and the Barcelona player could scorer (Lee S. and Alena C)

The game was equal, and would have been fair to get to penalty, but personal fauls are difficult to completely prevent. :(

Congratz to Barcelona. Now I hope you will get to the final, playing with less drama (and without Lee and Paik)
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Thanks for the good wishes. Wish I could have seen the game, but not sorry I missed all the cards. Sounds as though Midtjylland deserved to make it to a shootout. Steffen, could you tell how many fans were in the Mini-Estadi :?:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

AlanK wrote:Thanks for the good wishes. Wish I could have seen the game, but not sorry I missed all the cards. Sounds as though Midtjylland deserved to make it to a shootout. Steffen, could you tell how many fans were in the Mini-Estadi :?:
Yeah, was a good game.
Only annoying the ref. should show himself with the cards and didn't see the penalty in 1st half for Midtjylland.
But I guess as Barcelona are a way bigger club and also have home advantage, it is probally not weird the ref. slightly judge in their favour.

Reading the Danish forum might have made me build up anger as well. But I really hope some in Barcelona Staff will take a talk with the youngster about how they promote the club. But I guess their answer would be it is a part of the game. It seemed to work.

To be fair the Barcelona players didn't "invent" contact. They just made every touch look like a murder attempt.

But I feel Midtjylland is coming out with honuor, didn't loose their head and playing against the odds. (and my cousin did play well also :) )

Sorry, I don't know the fans attandence. The fans was in the same side as the camera, so difficult to guess.
1000 - 2000 maybe?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Steffen,

Thanks and a tip o' the hat :!: And good luck to Midtjylland on Thursday at Old Trafford :!:
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

AlanK wrote:Steffen,

Thanks and a tip o' the hat :!: And good luck to Midtjylland on Thursday at Old Trafford :!:
Thanks. And you to at the Emirates :)
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Croatian U19 national team, a.k.a. Dinamo Zagreb youth team qualified for the CL quarter finals by beating Anderlecht away and will play against Barcelona.

This 1998 generation is incredible. Funny thing is, they were born in the year of Croatian biggest football success in history - bronze medal at the 1998 World Cup in France.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

nogomet wrote:Croatian U19 national team, a.k.a. Dinamo Zagreb youth team qualified for the CL quarter finals by beating Anderlecht away and will play against Barcelona.

This 1998 generation is incredible. Funny thing is, they were born in the year of Croatian biggest football success in history - bronze medal at the 1998 World Cup in France.
Impressive. Anderlect seemed strong.

Don't you mean 97 generation? As 1998 isn't the oldest players allowed in the tournament.

Now I wasn't quite found of the referer in Barce-Midtjylland but I heard the refere in Valencia-Chelsea didn't see a penalty goal? Anyone who saw that match?
max_m

Post by max_m »

SteffenM wrote:
Now I wasn't quite found of the referer in Barce-Midtjylland but I heard the refere in Valencia-Chelsea didn't see a penalty goal? Anyone who saw that match?
You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hUhI18rPws
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

SteffenM wrote:
Indeed I did. My short writeup is on page nine of this thread. Really too bad--this was the only pk missed. Goal-line technology is undoubtedly too expensive for the small fields where they play these games . . . gotta ask what in the world the linesman was doing when the kick was taken. :down: :down: :down: :fingal:
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

AlanK wrote:
SteffenM wrote:
Indeed I did. My short writeup is on page nine of this thread. Really too bad--this was the only pk missed. Goal-line technology is undoubtedly too expensive for the small fields where they play these games . . . gotta ask what in the world the linesman was doing when the kick was taken. :down: :down: :down: :fingal:
Damm.. that's bad.
Well. Also the cheapiest Goal-line technology have been accepted by UEFA. If they would accept a cheaper technology, then it would be no question. Only the will to be inovative by the UEFA/FIFA. Perhaps with a new FIFA president. ;)

However, feel bad for Valencia. :/
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

UEFA Youth League, 1/8 finales
PSV U19 - AS Roma U19
de Herdgang
24 februari 2016, 14.00

PSV U19:
Van Osch,
Abels, Peijnenburg(c), Carolina, Alberto,
Duarte, Berden, Paal (71. Rigo),
Bergwijn, Lundqvist (89.Lammers), Gudmundsson (71. Verreth)
Bank: van de Meulenhof, Tanrıver, Bannani, Scamacca

AS Roma U19:
Crisanto
Nura, Anočić, De Santis, Marchizza
Vasco(c), D'Urso, Bordin,
Umar, Spinozzi(90. Grossi), Soleri (79. Tumminello)
Bank: Romagnoli, Paolelli, Ciavattini, Tofanari, Antonucci

Score:
14. 1:0 Steven Bergwijn (Guðmundsson)
49. 1:1 Marchizza (penalty)
68. 1:2 Soleri (Umar)
73. 2:2 Verreth (Berden)

Full time draw and straight to penalties. AS Roma wins.
In 1/4 final (09-03-2016) AS Roma will play the winner of Paris Saint-Germain-Middlesbrough.

Hopefully Ajax can beat Lyon. I believe Ajax is favorite for winning this years Youth League.
Interested in football economics, trends, TPO, FFP, annual reports, stadium development & transfers. Accurate sources are Football leaks, UEFA club reports 2016, UEFA benchmark reports, KPMG, Deloitte, Asser Institute, CIES, FifPro.
Gorandinho

Post by Gorandinho »

Apparently Dinamo Zagreb fielded Matija Fintic who was supposed to be suspended for this game

Uefa is investigating this case now
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

SteffenM wrote:
nogomet wrote:Croatian U19 national team, a.k.a. Dinamo Zagreb youth team qualified for the CL quarter finals by beating Anderlecht away and will play against Barcelona.

Impressive. Anderlect seemed strong.

Don't you mean 97 generation? As 1998 isn't the oldest players allowed in the tournament.
The majority of Dinamo Zagreb players are 1998 generation. You can see here:
http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/sea ... index.html
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

SteffenM wrote:
AlanK wrote:
SteffenM wrote:
Damm.. that's bad.
Well. Also the cheapiest Goal-line technology have been accepted by UEFA. If they would accept a cheaper technology, then it would be no question. Only the will to be inovative by the UEFA/FIFA. Perhaps with a new FIFA president. ;)

However, feel bad for Valencia. :/
I saw the last 15mins and the shootout. Was terrible for Valencia and they were distraught afterwards. Losing in penalty shootouts is bad enough without getting screwed in one.

There's a few videos of the penalty on YouTube.
max_m

Post by max_m »

Gorandinho wrote:Apparently Dinamo Zagreb fielded Matija Fintic who was supposed to be suspended for this game

Uefa is investigating this case now
Yes, he played last 7 minutes. But it is interesting that Anderlecht didn't appealed on that. They give a statment to Uefa that better club is trough. Unbelievable, respect Anderlecht :applause: