Battle for Top 3 Germany vs. England vs. Italy

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:we have to know if it is a 5-year ranking or a 10-year ranking........makes a big difference among the top 3 ...
Apparently it's a 10-year ranking. Malko, you might check the topic "new Champions League format" on Forum 1.
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

AlanK wrote:
Malko wrote:we have to know if it is a 5-year ranking or a 10-year ranking........makes a big difference among the top 3 ...
Apparently it's a 10-year ranking. Malko, you might check the topic "new Champions League format" on Forum 1.
Are you sure about this? I thought it'd only be the club ranking changing to 10 years and the country ranking continuing to be 5 years.
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

5 years? 10 years? 3 years? lifetime? What difference does that make? France will never make top 3, regardless how long the time frame...
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Thunder_PT wrote:
AlanK wrote:
Are you sure about this? I thought it'd only be the club ranking changing to 10 years and the country ranking continuing to be 5 years.
Not sure at all. More and more bizarre--didn't realize the context of Malko's post implied country ranking, but doh :!: I should have :!: It was hard to figure all this out before the wholesale changes; now . . . :confused: :confused: :confused:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

AlanK wrote:
Thunder_PT wrote:
AlanK wrote:
Not sure at all. More and more bizarre--didn't realize the context of Malko's post implied country ranking, but doh :!: I should have :!: It was hard to figure all this out before the wholesale changes; now . . . :confused: :confused: :confused:
Make sense, why make it simple.
Malko

Post by Malko »

..anyways, the battle for 3rd place, is it still of any interest concerning qualifications?
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Malko wrote:..anyways, the battle for 3rd place, is it still of any interest concerning qualifications?
Don't know about this is the correct thread for this

However, I guess the question is no one knows for sure, although it doesn't look like it.

But the final plan haven't been presented yet and also the new UEFA president have been elected to work against the suggestion
(and still make this thread relevant)
Malko

Post by Malko »

I hope it won't be done !
The present regulation is not the best, but better than the new.
50 % sure of 4 countries is NOT good.
It is great to see sometimes teams of the big 4 not qualifying.....and this is, because others were better. Porto and Monaco this year.