UCL 16-17 Qualifying

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
SirHenri

Post by SirHenri »

I'd add IFK Norrköping, they looked very good last season and already started promising in the new one, I'll keep an eye on them.

Coefficientwise one could add Lazio, Wolfsburg, Rubin and Marseille from the Top 50 teams which are missing next season. Especially Wolfsburg, after CL-quarters...that's a pity. But they were so awfully bad after crashing out in Madrid...didn't deserve it.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Norrkoping are unseeded and they`re the No.1 team to avoid for all seeded teams, I think. The others: Hapoel Beer-Sheva, Olimpija Ljubljana and Dacia Chisinau (if they finish top) and maybe Ferencvaros. I was rooting for Trencin - planning to go there if my Europe trip will materialize in the summer - to be seeded and these are the teams they should avoid if they want to progress, again I think.
Maccabi_TA

Post by Maccabi_TA »

Hapoel Beer Sheva might look like a team to be avoid of, maybe because she took the Championship in Israel instead of Maccabi Tel-Aviv, but Hapoel Beer Sheva is a team without any tradition in the European Competitions, they haven't won a round ever, and until the last two season, their last appereance was in 1998. in their historic result there are heavy defeat to Roda 10:0 in a single game and 5:0 & 7:0 against Barcelona.

last two season results:
14/15 - EL 2ND ROUND - RNK SPLIT, L 0:1, D 0:0
15/16 - EL 2ND ROUND - FC THUN, D 1:1, L 1:2

I don't see tham pass beyond the 2nd round, and only if they get a team in their measures, Dinamo Tibilisi or something lie that
Maccabi Tel-Aviv - Since 1906

22 Championships
23 FA Cups (Israeli State Cup)
4 Toto Cups (League Cup)
matt

Post by matt »

I remember that last year Hapoel Beer Sheva were a bit unlucky against Thun.
I think they are the unseeded team to avoid in qr2. Imo they could ddefeat the likes of Ludogorets, Dinamo Zagreb and many others of course.

The next teams to avoid as unseeded in qr2 are Norrkoping, Ferencvaros and maybe Olimpija Lubiana.

The other unseeded teams should have no chance against the 75-80% of the seeded teams.
Last edited by matt on Sat May 28, 2016 09:06, edited 3 times in total.
International break hater
matt

Post by matt »

If i have to choose a possible surprise in the qualifying i say: Qarabag Agdam :!:
matt

Post by matt »

So, let's summarize things:

UNSEEDED teams to avoid in clqr2:

Hapoel Beer Sheva
Norrkoping
Ferencvaros
Olimpija Lubiana

SEEDED teams to get in clqr2:

FH
Dinamo Tblisi
Sheriff or TNS
Skenderbeu
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

We don`t know in what degree UEFA will set up the 3 groups to separate the regions. If they follow their own ``rules`` there`ll be 11 teams in both the Central and South groups and 12 in the North. Obviously they have to mix it a bit to even them out, but I think the weakest teams in the seeded groups are: Dinamo Tbilisi, Hafnarfjardar (TNS) and Skenderbeu.
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

Desirable opponents from seeded: Skenderbeu, Dinamo Tbilisi, FH, Trencin, TNS
Opponents from seeded that I see that the stronger unseeded have a decent chance against: APOEL, Qarabeg, Crvena Zvezda

Undesirable opponents from unseeded: Hapoel Beer Sheva, Olimpija Ljubljana, Norrkoping, Ferencvarosi
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

can't wait til 20 june, first day of the new season......

Or was there something else kind of football this summer?
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Ricardo wrote:can't wait til 20 june, first day of the new season......

Or was there something else kind of football this summer?
As usual, the "new" :mrgreen: season starts before the old season (promotion playoffs) ends in Spain.
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Ricardo wrote:can't wait til 20 june, first day of the new season......
And I am 100 % with you. Going to be exiting :D
Ricardo wrote:Or was there something else kind of football this summer?
I think there is something, not sure what though.
However, quite sure nothing important. 8)
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Every spot is filled and we`re ready for the draw! My wishes: in the 1st round I just want Alashkert from Armenia to progress. In the 2nd round I cheer as usual for all Eastern teams, but especially for Qarabag, Astana and Trencin from the seeded group. From the unseeded teams I wish Zrinjski Mostar (Bosnia), Ferencvaros (Hungary) and Vardar Skopje (FYR Macedonia) good luck at the draw and happy progress. I was never a Fradi fan, but now it`s different and I see them only as a team representing Hungary, not as the arch enemy. :D
max_m

Post by max_m »

Well, we are still waiting for Panathinaikos-PAOK game to determine who will play in which phase. And what about Kosovo, can they obitain a licence?
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

max_m wrote:Well, we are still waiting for Panathinaikos-PAOK game to determine who will play in which phase. And what about Kosovo, can they obitain a licence?
Obviously, I was thinking about the draw for the 1st 2 rounds and that is not affected by the Greek game. About Kosovo I don`t know.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

AnelZ wrote:Desirable opponents from seeded: Skenderbeu, Dinamo Tbilisi, FH, Trencin, TNS
Opponents from seeded that I see that the stronger unseeded have a decent chance against: APOEL, Qarabeg, Crvena Zvezda

Undesirable opponents from unseeded: Hapoel Beer Sheva, Olimpija Ljubljana, Norrkoping, Ferencvarosi
TNS aren't seeded anymore. :wink: :o

For Q3
Undesirable opponents from unseeded: could indeed be Norrkoping, Rosenborg and Rostov.
and to judge by your comments I will look out for Astana, Astra, Qarabag and Hapoel Beer Sheva

bugylibicska wrote: A quick survey before the draws shows some big teams missing out on Europe entirely: Milan, Liverpool, Chelsea, Valencia...a pity.
Interesting to see. The best coeffient teams, missing out
5. Chelsea
12. Valencia
25. AC Milan (Damm they will get a coeffient hit soon)
27. Lazio
32. Galatsary (license)
35. Liverpool
36. Wolfsburg
37. Dnipro (license)
39. Rubin Kazan
42. Marseille
45. Malaga
50. Hannover 96 (relegated from Bundesliga, a contrast from their European campaign :shock: )
77. Twente (didn't qualify and license)
110. Cluj (license)

EDIT. Sorry think most of them are mentioned already