El Semifinals

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Blaaat

Post by Blaaat »

SirHenri wrote:A push isn't a foul. If every little push is a foul, we'll see 10 penalties per game. He could just go on and shoot but decides for the semi-dive because of feeling the contact. As usual everyone does. I hate that behaviour and would never give a penalty even with video challenge for these situations. Maybe just my personal opinion. But has nothing to do with the teams today as I were totally neutral.
It's not a dive, you can tell when people are diving because they always throw their arms in the air while falling and when people fall naturally their instinct is to cushion the fall as much as possible. The defender clearly pushed the player, the player was brought off balance and fell down. This happened in the penalty box.

Do I think Villareal deserved to go through? **** no, they were utter shit.
Aliceag

Post by Aliceag »

After 3 hours, after seeing Sevilla, and after replying Villareal highlights I have to state the following:

Congratulations to Sevilla. They were the best team overall the 2 hands and deserved to go through as expected. They are showing they are really a tough nut to crack.

The Liverpool-Villareal was more balanced. Overall I think Liverpool did more to win this game than Villareal, and I think they would be fair winners of the game tonight. BUT Villareal knew they only needed 1 goal and played with that in mind. And seeing the replays I'm convinced it was not a dive. A dive is very different. Deniz Suarez was pushed until he fell. Replays in slow motion are clear as water. He could not prevent that fall. Villareal was denied a fair chance to get the 2-1.

Should they got it, would they still win? Probably not. They were with 10 men, Liverpool would push, and probably get the 3-1 anyway.
Still, I think the fair think to happen is the penalty awarded at minute 77 and then we would see what happened.

Overgame, last year Juventus shouldn't even be in the SF. Monaco was denied the fair win over both hands and you know it.

Sevilla - Liverpool I admit, though, it would be more interesting to watch than Sevilla-Villareal. And that probably was factor in the equation...
Both have the nice habit of winning the EL finals in which they participate. Liverpool Alaves was a 5-4 thriller... will we get a reprise?
Play fair and square!
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Blaaat wrote:It's not a dive, you can tell when people are diving because they always throw their arms in the air while falling and when people fall naturally their instinct is to cushion the fall as much as possible. The defender clearly pushed the player, the player was brought off balance and fell down. This happened in the penalty box.
Rumour has it that Iberian teams have extra training sessions to practice going down on purpose in a manner looking like gravity forced them. Same as they take extra training sessions for wasting time and complaining with the ref. All that being based on a more "tactical minded" approach to the game than in the rest of Europe...
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Required reading for ALL inre disputed penalties: Paul Gardner's article in World Soccer about the witch-hunt for "divers" being a much bigger problem than the divers. Will give bibliographical reference when I'm back in the USA and have access to my materials.
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

I also wanna say,
Well done Shakter!! :applause: :applause:

Having those challenges, unsure about economy and unstability in the country, not even able to play on their own home-field. And then go to the Semis of Sevilla League.

Yeah, they lost, but they reached this far and gave demands to Sevilla players to work for their money.
:clapping: :clapping:
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

Overgame, last year Juventus shouldn't even be in the SF. Monaco was denied the fair win over both hands and you know it.
Just lol. Of course, a defender from Portugal cannot do a srupid foul in the box, right ? He should have been sent off, but you are not living in the same World.

Back to Liverpool Villareal, this is the kind of situation where I won't cry if a PK is awarded. But I won't cry if there isn't.
nemesys

Post by nemesys »

AlanK wrote:Paul Gardner's article in World Soccer about the witch-hunt for "divers"
If this can help, here some links I could find.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/48 ... -hunt.html

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/57 ... gland.html

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/51 ... erees.html

In the last link the article on the subject start at half page.
Gone.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

AlanK wrote:
nemesys wrote:
SteffenM wrote:hope he will get well and get back soon
My same wish for him, to heal perfectly, and hopefully to be back on the pitch fully fit as soon as possible. It definitely looks a bad injury (I watched it on a video on you tube). Let's hope is less bad than what it looks in such low resolution, and that camera perspective makes it look worse than what it is.
Carrusel announcers said it looked like a really awful injury. :cry: Have been watching Krohn-Dehli with both Celta and now Sevilla for some years now--class player!
Is it a bird, is it a lightning?
No, it's Krohn-Dehli!! :bouncy: :bouncy:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SevillaFC/st ... 45/video/1
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

SteffenM wrote:
AlanK wrote:
nemesys wrote:
My same wish for him, to heal perfectly, and hopefully to be back on the pitch fully fit as soon as possible. It definitely looks a bad injury (I watched it on a video on you tube). Let's hope is less bad than what it looks in such low resolution, and that camera perspective makes it look worse than what it is.
Carrusel announcers said it looked like a really awful injury. :cry: Have been watching Krohn-Dehli with both Celta and now Sevilla for some years now--class player!
Is it a bird, is it a lightning?
No, it's Krohn-Dehli!! :bouncy: :bouncy:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SevillaFC/st ... 45/video/1
Almost six months out of action now--keep up the recoop, man :!: :applause: :applause: :applause:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."