The BIG 4 League

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
jmf

The BIG 4 League

Post by jmf »

To talk about the real big 4 in Europe... Considering the gap between the n°4 and the n°5 and 6 in UEFA ranking.
Malko

Post by Malko »

jmf..so do it !
The gap is in UEFA coefi
ficient, but not in quality, what the direct confrontations of this week have shown!
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

yep, there is also no top-5. Holland has proven again they can win from one of the top English teams, so what is it a top-15?
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:jmf..so do it !
The gap is in UEFA coefi
ficient, but not in quality, what the direct confrontations of this week have shown!
Yup, let's base a thread on all the results of the last week. Great :!: Week is over, thread is done and gone. Doh :!: :twisted:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Ricardo wrote:yep, there is also no top-5. Holland has proven again they can win from one of the top English teams, so what is it a top-15?
I think we should have a thread for calculation for the 55 best countries!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Malko

Post by Malko »

SteffenM , everyone may feel free to have a BIG-anything, maybe with a different mode of calculation.
I find mine interestingand it avoids "yes, but we had much more difficult opposition", only the direct matches count.......

If you see all the games of this weekend, the opposition counts,. For example France had 5 of its 6 matches vs Top4-country teams, Spain only one......normally Spain makes more UEFA points. Did they really?
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:SteffenM , everyone may feel free to have a BIG-anything, maybe with a different mode of calculation.
I find mine interestingand it avoids "yes, but we had much more difficult opposition", only the direct matches count.......

If you see all the games of this weekend, the opposition counts,. For example France had 5 of its 6 matches vs Top4-country teams, Spain only one......normally Spain makes more UEFA points. Did they really?
Hey, are we back on the kick of punishing teams or countries for the games they DIDN'T play :?: We lost on the road to an Italian team; tied an Italian team on the road. The draw had us play a Scottish team, a Dutch team, a Portuguese team, a Belgian team, and a Swiss team. Results: four wins, one (away) tie. France played an English team at home (tie), a Croatian team at home (win), English team away (win), and two German teams away (tie and loss). As results go, France got one bad result, one great result, and one expected result in the CL; one good result, and one expected result in the EL. France was a bit above expectations. Against the Italians, we had one negative result and one positive. We were just a bit below expectations; in the other games, we did just fine (the tie by Celta is their first non-loss of the season).
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Malko

Post by Malko »

"one good result, and one expected result in the EL" ???? i would say, i bad result (loss vs Schalke at home) and one expected result (draw in Mainz for Saint-Etienne, not bad but under estimation) where is th good result???????? I think France made a godd CL-round (we know PSG needs some time to come to full speed), but a bad EL-round. Even the draw in Mainz cannot be considered as a godd result.
Zarastro

Post by Zarastro »

Considering the usual performence of French teams in Europe, we can consider this to be a very good matchday for them.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Zarastro i agree, that for France, the matchday was ...not so bad, except Nice and Paris, where we could expect more.......now,if Cavani would have made one of those who made yesterday....on tuesday :-)