Champions League 2017-2018 3rd qualifying round

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

zwezwe wrote: Austria went through and congratulations to them. They might have been the better side in the both legs
I still wish they will loose next game and not go through. But i was cheering for Salzburg :)
You rather should wish both referees will get their deserved pause. No one knows what would have come out if they did not fail.
Anyway CL counts more than EL and for me Salzburg counts more than Austria W. and maybe for you APOEL counts more than AEL so you should be more satisfied than me.
CasE

Post by CasE »

Professional job by Maribor. Clearly a better team than Hafnarfjordur in both legs. Iclanders with zero chances in both legs.
Offcourse everyone here is underestimating Maribor again and lets just say that they will play without pressure in Playoff and will be much more dangerous.

Really sorry for Salzburg. A cursed team, choke artists in CL. Mostly by their fault, but not this year. Croatian teams this year just very lucky. Lets see what happens tommorow.
max_m

Post by max_m »

CasE wrote: Really sorry for Salzburg. A cursed team, choke artists in CL. Mostly by their fault, but not this year. Croatian teams this year just very lucky. Lets see what happens tommorow.

You can't consider yourself to be very lucky if you drew a teams like Salzburg, PSV and Brondy :upset:
zwezwe

Post by zwezwe »

Club-Mate wrote:
zwezwe wrote: Austria went through and congratulations to them. They might have been the better side in the both legs
I still wish they will loose next game and not go through. But i was cheering for Salzburg :)
You rather should wish both referees will get their deserved pause. No one knows what would have come out if they did not fail.
Anyway CL counts more than EL and for me Salzburg counts more than Austria W. and maybe for you APOEL counts more than AEL so you should be more satisfied than me.
Yeah it was pity for Salzburg again. They have been playing very well in the CL last years but just somehow manage to fail.
This draw against Rijeka was a tough one. I wanted to see both team through. Well lets wait for the Playoff draws to see the next step.
Omonoia Nicosia
CasE

Post by CasE »

max_m wrote:
CasE wrote: Really sorry for Salzburg. A cursed team, choke artists in CL. Mostly by their fault, but not this year. Croatian teams this year just very lucky. Lets see what happens tommorow.

You can't consider yourself to be very lucky if you drew a teams like Salzburg, PSV and Brondy :upset:
I didnt mean the draw. But Rijeka today advanced because of a shocking refs decision.
max_m

Post by max_m »

CasE wrote:
max_m wrote:

I didnt mean the draw. But Rijeka today advanced because of a shocking refs decision.
Yeah, that was a horrible mistake, i really dont know how the assistant ref miss that.
Digitaldude555

Post by Digitaldude555 »

Dabbur really needed that goal, such a dry run his having.
cinebelul

Post by cinebelul »

Lorric wrote:
max_m wrote:Bert, i see that you made the update on ELQ4 on your site but you still have Rijeka on that list.
Yeah and Red Bull are still in the CL in his CL list.
A lot of "trouble" for bert this night having that many upsets :mrgreen:
CSKA Moscow is presumtive GS participant in both, CL and EL, and Istanbul Basaksehir is nowhere. The correction would advance FC Cologne from pot4 to pot3 in EL-GS :wink:
Covfefe !
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Percentage of possible points won by countries:

1. Russia 100% (from 4 matches)
2. Croatia 81% (from 13 matches)
3. Cyprus 78% (from 18 matches)
4. Israel 75% (from 16 matches)
5. France 75% (from 4 matches)

Germany, Italy and England are also at 100%, but have played only one match so far.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Champions Route
Olympiacos
Celtic
Kopenhagen-APOEL
Maribor

Slavia Prague
Rijeka-Beer Sheva
Qarabag-Astana

Whoever draws Olympiacos will consider themselves really unlucky, Celtic is also a really strong team for this round. Kopenhagen looked vulnerable and is not last year's team that almost made it to round of 16. APOEL is a solid home team with huge experience in qualifying, but not unbeatable of course. Maribor is the golden ticket, whoever gets them I think will be in the Groups Stage.
Slavia is obviously the strongest unseeded team, coming from a strong country and with a roster with some well-known names. Rijeka looks dangerous, even without the referee they had today with them, unless they draw Olympiacos/Celtic they will be a derby with their opponent. Beer Sheva surprises everyone once again, let's see if they will face someone from last year. Astana is of course no minnow, but their are a typical home team with many problems against strong opponents, as shown in last year's EL. Qarabaq has chanches only against Maribor for me, they are here thanks to a kind draw.

Non-Champions Route
Sevilla
Napoli-Liverpool
Sporting Lisbon-CSKA Moscow

Nice-Hoffenheim
Basaksehir-Steaua
Young Boys

Sevilla will make short work of whoever is unlucky enough to draw them. Now, Napoli and Liverpool are theoretically strong teams that shouldn't have problems, but Italian teams have a bad precedent in the play-offs and Liverpool is a blooper team with a ridiculous defense for years. Huge favourites though. Sporting and CSKA are everyone's prayer, especially CSKA, which is a really weak team. Hoffeneheim and Nice, should they draw them, they will enter the groups, if not it is really difficult for them. Basakehir and Steaua are Europa league group level, if they draw one of the 2 easy teams they might have their shot fot the CL groups. Young Boys will go out, no Ukrainians in this round.
matt

Post by matt »

I hope that CSKA and Sporting won't draw Steaua/FCSB, because i would like to see a new team in Cl (Hoffenheim, Nice, Young Boys or Basaksehir).
Napoli should win without problems against every opponent.

In the Champions route except Olympiakos and Celtic i think that the other teams will be massacrated in the Cl groups, especially away.
International break hater
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Firnen, more or less agree only I'd say you overestimate Slavia. I don't think signing several football pensioners improved them so much. And I think Liverpool should be stronger than Sevilla though both teams of course would be massive favourites against anyone.
Last edited by anty1975 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

matt wrote:I hope that CSKA and Sporting won't draw Steaua/FCSB, because i would like to see a new team in Cl (Hoffenheim, Nice, Young Boys or Basaksehir).

In the Champions route except Olympiakos and Celtic i think that the other teams will be massacrated in the Cl groups, especially away.
Unless we see a Spartak Moscow-Porto-Anderlecht-APOEL group and some people here who are complaining about Cyprus draws go completely nuts :D :D :D :D
matt

Post by matt »

Firnen wrote:
matt wrote:I hope that CSKA and Sporting won't draw Steaua/FCSB, because i would like to see a new team in Cl (Hoffenheim, Nice, Young Boys or Basaksehir).

Unless we see a Spartak Moscow-Porto-Anderlecht-APOEL group and some people here who are complaining about Cyprus draws go completely nuts :D :D :D :D

Yes, maybe with a lot of luck in the draw something could be done :D
International break hater
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

matt wrote:
Firnen wrote:

Yes, maybe with a lot of luck in the draw something could be done :D

Opposite to your wishes, I'd like to see Steaua in the group stage, it is always good to have as many countries as possible represented in the groups.