2014 WC QUAL UEFA GRP A - CRO - SER - BEL - SCO - MAC - WAL

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
patje13

Post by patje13 »

After one day, belgium and croatia are one and two. Serbia took an important point. If belgium takes 4 out of 6 in their next two games ( home croatia, out serbia), then we're really on our way. I wish wales the very best. Without the red card, game would have been balancee.
Gorandinho

Post by Gorandinho »

Croatia and Belgium look much better than any of the other teams... atleast on paper. Croatia struggled against Macedonia and Belgium still need to prove more than winning against Wales. However they should battle for 1st place. Wales/Scotland/Serbia look on par with each other. Wales actually has a very good team if everyone is healthy. 3rd place is an option for them. Serbia looks to be in transistion with many young players, I would be very surprised if they already can finish higher than 3rd. Scotland and Macedonia look very stubborn teams and won't concede a lot of goals.
zender

Post by zender »

Gorandinho wrote:Croatia and Belgium look much better than any of the other teams... atleast on paper. Croatia struggled against Macedonia and Belgium still need to prove more than winning against Wales. However they should battle for 1st place. Wales/Scotland/Serbia look on par with each other. Wales actually has a very good team if everyone is healthy. 3rd place is an option for them. Serbia looks to be in transistion with many young players, I would be very surprised if they already can finish higher than 3rd. Scotland and Macedonia look very stubborn teams and won't concede a lot of goals.
I see Wales being able to take third spot as well.
I recon that Croatia is still going to lose points against a motivated Serbia and Macedonia.
Will hope for the best tomorrow when it is Belgium-Croatia.
A draw would be ok for Croatia but Belgium being the home team here must go for a win.
Let's see how it plays out in this superior quality versus superior experience.
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

It's nice to see Scotland not even attempting to give us the "hope will kill you" bit this time out.
agram

Post by agram »

zender wrote:
Gorandinho wrote:Croatia and Belgium look much better than any of the other teams... atleast on paper. Croatia struggled against Macedonia and Belgium still need to prove more than winning against Wales. However they should battle for 1st place. Wales/Scotland/Serbia look on par with each other. Wales actually has a very good team if everyone is healthy. 3rd place is an option for them. Serbia looks to be in transistion with many young players, I would be very surprised if they already can finish higher than 3rd. Scotland and Macedonia look very stubborn teams and won't concede a lot of goals.

I see Wales being able to take third spot as well.
I recon that Croatia is still going to lose points against a motivated Serbia and Macedonia.
Will hope for the best tomorrow when it is Belgium-Croatia.
A draw would be ok for Croatia but Belgium being the home team here must go for a win.
Let's see how it plays out in this superior quality versus superior experience.

i don't :D

defeat 1-6 against serbia actually shows why they were in 6th pot in world cup qualification draw, together with luxembourg, andorra, malta etc...

belgium-croatia 1-1

terrible croatia, it looked very bad tonight... belgium was even better, though croatia had a chance to win in last minutes...
naaba

Post by naaba »

Belgium was better tonight (just look at statistics), but but but... they can't score. No striker. Nothing.

We scored 3 goals... 3 different defenders. It looks like players want to score by entering the goal with the ball on the foot.
paddymcp

Post by paddymcp »

Belgium have an up and coming team but seem to lack a quality focal point at the end of their attacks.

Very disappointing result for Scotland tonight. A home game against Macedonia probably should be the easiest game but i was very impressed with them.

They looked dangerous on the counter and impressed me more than Serbia. If they can keep this up they will have many close games and possibly take points off other teams. We have to improve though.
agram

Post by agram »

naaba wrote:Belgium was better tonight (just look at statistics), but but but... they can't score. No striker. Nothing.

We scored 3 goals... 3 different defenders. It looks like players want to score by entering the goal with the ball on the foot.
are you talking to me ? :D :D :D :D

if you are, then:
agram wrote: terrible croatia, it looked very bad tonight... belgium was even better
Gorandinho

Post by Gorandinho »

Belgium dominated a top side so there already signs of improvement under the new manager. Now we must hope Lukaku develops well at WBA or else we'll keep struggling to score.

Wales- Serbia is a very surprising result. Serbia had scored 3 in their last 11 and now they make 6 against Wales who I thought defended well against Belgium.
agram

Post by agram »

after first 2 rounds of this group it is obvious that 3 teams will fight for 1st and 2nd place in this group, belgium, serbia and croatia, just like most of the people expected before the start of qualifications...
macedonia has no real chance to do something serious, but they can take 1 or 3 points from serbia/belgium/croatia in next matches...

wales and scotland wouldn't qualify for the world cup even in the group with malta, kazahstan and tahiti...

sadley for scotland, my favorite football team in nineties...
patje13

Post by patje13 »

After two match days, it looks like a battle between Serbia, Croatia and Belgium. Croatia in pollposition, cause they took some points away against one of the two rival countries. Matchday 3 has Serbia - Belgium in store. Lets see how things develop.

I guess, for the supporters of the others countries, it will be a very long campaign :cry:
nikola_belgrade

Post by nikola_belgrade »

Interesting fact about the game in Novi Sad is that all seven goals were scored by left foot and all of them by different scorers!

I doubt that happened ever before in a game with so many goals.
zender

Post by zender »

Win from Belgium over Serbia. 0-3
First half was for Serbia whereas the second half was for the Belgians.
paddymcp

Post by paddymcp »

Wales 2-1 Scotland. Couldn't see that coming with 15 minutes to go.

Correction.. Gareth Bale 2-1 Scotland. :cry:
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

Levein must go.