French season 2011-12

Domestic league and cup football
OMfan

Post by OMfan »

So...i change my mind, i don't want Lyon to be third.
In a coefficient way. Having Quevilly in European cups means 0 pts. Even if i must admit that montpellier or sochaux didn't do before the 2 previous years.

Whatever happens, there's a problem.
If Lyon id 3rd, Quevilly is playing Europa league.
If Lille is third they wouldn't qualify in CL group stage because of their coefficient in QR. Even if i guess it's not a good news for arsenal, Valence, Lazio, Roma, stutgart or Shalke if they draw lille osc.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

scapulaire24 wrote:
flob wrote:Yes, if Lyon wins the cup and qualifies for CL, Quevilly will start for France in EL-Q3.
Start and finish. :?
They will be seeded in EL Q3, so if they draw a low ranked unseeded team they might beat them.
Malko

Post by Malko »

OM fan...Montpellier and Lille didn't , Dortmund dindn't either for germany and they are (or will be) German champions again, before Bayern........

The place of French Ligue 1 is among the 4, i would even say, the 3 best in Europe (if they do not sell every good player to England in minor clubs).

Globally the Ligue 1 is even superior to the Bundesliga, but the difference is that the Bundesliga teams play european cups with the same players which qualified, the french do NOT.

Are you sure Lille would not be seeded in qualification? And even if they fail CL, they should do a great thing in EL (which gives the same points in UEFA).Lille vs Schale, i am sure Lille is the better team.

Forza AZ, Quevilly would be seeded ?????????????????
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Malko,
Queville will have 10.835. Current seedingline Q3 lies around 9.100. There are currently 3-4 teams below Quevilly that would also be seeded. Of course all can still change doemstically, and with Q1 and Q2, but I would say its pretty likely they will be seeded.
Malko

Post by Malko »

well Ricardo, so it could be graet. Quevilly could pass the qualification stage, come to a group where it would be possible to be second of 4.......why not? But anyways, i would like some Ligue1-teams to be in EL......if they won't sell their players and play EL for good, which was often not the case in the last years
Lusankya

Post by Lusankya »

Malko wrote:Lille vs Schalke, i am sure Lille is the better team.
Well, all past European seasons show otherwise.
Aren't you a Mathematican?
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Malko wrote:well Ricardo, so it could be graet. Quevilly could pass the qualification stage, come to a group where it would be possible to be second of 4.......why not?
Quevilly will not be seeded in the last QR!!!
So if they pass QR3 then it would be almost impossible to also pass QR4 unless they have a very lucky draw and 2 very good matches.
Ricardo wrote:Malko,
Queville will have 10.835. Current seedingline Q3 lies around 9.100. There are currently 3-4 teams below Quevilly that would also be seeded. Of course all can still change doemstically, and with Q1 and Q2, but I would say its pretty likely they will be seeded.
9,100 for QR3? That seems a bit high. Last year 6,800 was enough to be seeded in QR3 and in 2010-11 6,100 was enough. The number will probably go up somewhat due to more obtained points since the EL was introduced, but it would surprise me if the seeding line was over 7,500-8,000.
Malko

Post by Malko »

why should Quevilly pass 2 qualification rounds before Group-stage. the french teams always had only one, no?

Lusankya, i do not thin so (Schalke vs Lille) . They never were opposite....

and i said : presentliy......nothing to do with one, two or 3 years ago.
scapulaire24

Post by scapulaire24 »

Malko wrote:why should Quevilly pass 2 qualification rounds before Group-stage. the french teams always had only one, no?
http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... s2012.html
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Malko wrote:why should Quevilly pass 2 qualification rounds before Group-stage. the french teams always had only one, no?
Since the introduction of the EL France has 2 spots in EL-Q4 and 1 in EL-Q3. This season 1 of the EL-Q4 spots is upgraded to a EL-GS spot.

The following French teams started in EL-Q3 last seasons:
2011-12: Rennes (vs. Metalurgi Rustavi (Geo))
2010-11: Montpellier (vs. Győri ETO (Hun))
2009-10: Lille (vs. Sevojno (Ser))
Malko

Post by Malko »

Yes, but the CW is the team which is directly in Groupstage. therefore, why Quevilly in QR3?
If they win the Cup, they are the CW, otherwise they take its place.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Malko wrote:Yes, but the CW is the team which is directly in Groupstage. therefore, why Quevilly in QR3?
If they win the Cup, they are the CW, otherwise they take its place.
CW is indeed directly in GS, so if Quevilly win the final they are in the EL-GS. But if Quevilly lose the final and Lyon qualify for CL, then Quevilly (as losing Cup finalist) takes the lowest EL-spot, and has to start in EL-Q3.

General rule for Cups:
-winner takes highest EL-spot
-losing finalist (when winner is in CL) takes lowest EL-spot
Executor

Post by Executor »

Forza AZ wrote:General rule for Cups:
-winner takes highest EL-spot
-losing finalist (when winner is in CL) takes lowest EL-spot
A small correction:
- winner takes highest EL-spot
- when CW is in CL, the order of EL spots is distributed according to League position (there could be cases when losing finalist finishes right below the CL places, hence it will take the highest spot).

Since Quevilly is in L3, if they lose the final, they will definitely take the lowest EL spot.
Malko

Post by Malko »

So, if Lyon gets the 3rd CL-spot, we have anyways to hope Quevilly will win the Cup? What a mess......
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Executor wrote:A small correction:
- winner takes highest EL-spot
- when CW is in CL, the order of EL spots is distributed according to League position (there could be cases when losing finalist finishes right below the CL places, hence it will take the highest spot).

Since Quevilly is in L3, if they lose the final, they will definitely take the lowest EL spot.
You are correct.
But when the losing finalist has already qualfied for EL via the League they technically don't use the Losing Finalist EL-spot, so that is why I said that the Losing Cup Finalist always take the lowest EL-spot.