Bulgarian Football Season 2015/2016

Domestic league and cup football
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Summer transfers in Slavia Sofia

In

Code: Select all

2 	 Bulgaria 	DF 	Martin Dechev (from Oborishte)
6 	 Bulgaria 	DF 	Zhivko Atanasov (from Cherno More)
9 	 France 	  FW 	Mathieu Manset (from England Cheltenham Town)
11 	France 	  MF 	Daudet N'Dongala (from France Nantes)
27 	Bulgaria 	DF 	Emil Martinov (Free agent)
32 	Greece 	  GK 	Antonis Stergiakis (from Greece Thyella Filotas)
66 	Bulgaria 	DF 	Plamen Krachunov (from CSKA Sofia)
71 	Bulgaria 	MF 	Anton Karachanakov (from Russia Baltika Kaliningrad)
	   Bulgaria 	MF 	Georg Vasilev (from Lokomotiv Sofia)
	   Brazil 	  MF 	Jeferson (from Brazil São Francisco)

Out

Code: Select all

6 	 CAR 	     DF 	Fernander Kassaï (on loan to Kazakhstan Irtysh Pavlodar)
8 	 Bulgaria 	MF 	Stanislav Genchev (to Montana)
12 	Bulgaria 	GK 	Emil Petrov (to Septemvri Sofia)
26 	Bulgaria 	DF 	Dimitar Vezalov (to Bansko)
32 	Bulgaria 	GK 	Diyan Valkov (on loan to Vereya, previously on loan at Pirin Razlog)
33 	Portugal 	MF 	Carlos Fonseca (on loan to Kazakhstan Irtysh Pavlodar)
45 	Bulgaria 	MF 	Slavcho Shokolarov (to Pomorie)
70 	Bulgaria 	DF 	Plamen Krumov (to Lokomotiv Plovdiv)
75 	Bulgaria 	DF 	Miroslav Ivanov (released)
88 	Bulgaria 	DF 	Angel Granchov (to CSKA Sofia)
91 	Bulgaria 	DF 	Krum Stoyanov (to Lokomotiv Plovdiv)
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ivelin Popov Voted Best Player in Russian Premier League for September

Bulgarian football player Ivelin Popov, who plays for Spartak Moscow, was voted both best player for the tenth round of the Russian Premier League and for the month of September.

Popov made an excellent performance in the derby against the reigning champion Zenit, scoring a beautiful goal for his team to come in the lead with 2:1.

This was the first goal scored by the Bulgarian for Spartak Moscow since his transfer from Kuban in the summer.

However it was not enough for his team to claim the final victory as Zenit managed to achieve a 2:2 draw shortly before the end of the match.

Popov garnered the maximum number of points – 15 in the poll on the website championat.com, which is determined by the votes of a special jury and the readers.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Sofia City Court Upholds Insolvency of CSKA Football Club

Sofia City Court (SGS) upheld the insolvency of Bulgarian football club CSKA Sofia and ruled that the club has been insolvent since 31 December 2014.

The court appointed a temporary assignee and the property of CSKA is subject to distraint, private NOVA TV informs.

The decision of the court, which was issued on October 2, can be appealed within a period of seven days.

In June, the Bulgarian Football Union (BFS) revoked the licences of CSKA for participation in both the domestic A Group and the European tournaments due to outstanding debts.

As a result, the club holding the greatest number of championship titles, was relegated to the third division of the Bulgarian football league.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Croatia Defeats Bulgaria 3:0 in Euro Qualifier Match

The Croatian football scooped an easy victory against Bulgaria in a UEFA EURO 2016 qualifier game in Zagreb on Saturday evening.

Croatia's Ivan Perišić managed to score as early as the 2nd minute of the first half, and the second goal followed in the 42nd minute by Ivan Rakitić. N. Kalinić followed in the 81st minute.

To qualify for the EURO 2016 tournament, Bulgaria needed a victory by more than 1:0 and a defeat on Croatia by Malta.

Croatia's Duje Čop was shown the red card in the 89th minute.

Last year's Croatia-Bulgaria match of the qualifiers played in Sofia, also on October 10, ended in a 1:0 victory for the Croatians.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria U21 went to the top of the group after a 2-0 win over Armenia

The Bulgarian under-21 national team won its third match in a row of the UERO 2017 qualifying campaign after beating Armenia with 2:0 in Stara Zagora at “Beroe” stadium.

From the beginning of the game Antoni Zdravkov`s players had superior ball possession and tried to overcome the strong Armenian defence with various multipass combinations.

In the 20th minute Milen Gamkov shot from 25 meters but the ball went over the bar.

Nine minutes later Antonio Vutov tried his luck with a diagonal shot but the Armenian goalkeeper Anatoli Aivazov saved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtfyShDzf9E
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria Beats Azerbaijan 2:0 in EURO 2016 Qualifier

Bulgaria's football team has defeated Azerbaijan in a UEFA EURO 2016 Qualifiers match which grants it the fourth place in its group.

Bulgaria is not going to the 2016 tournament in France next year, but considered it essential to defend its "honor" as the country's football team is not going through the best of times.

Before an audience of only a few hundred who watched the game at the Vasil Levski National Stadium in Sofia, the Bulgarians dominated for most of the time, showing more skills than in the previous few matches.

On Saturday, the national team lost to Croatia 0:3, dashing even the tiniest hope to qualify.

Italy and Croatia are the two teams in Bulgaria's group that have qualified directly for EURO 2016, while third-placed Norway made it to the play-offs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z05TEnZ1Brs
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria Drops Ten Positions to 78th Place in FIFA Ranking

The Bulgarian men's national football team dropped ten position in the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking and currently occupies the 78th position with 414 points, being between the teams of Haiti and Togo.

The drop is due to the two defeats suffered by Bulgaria in the September qualifiers for UEFA EURO 2016 against the teams of Norway and Italy.

Bulgaria suffered two 0-1 defeats and lost all hopes of qualifying for EURO 2016 which will be held in France.

The top of the ranking continues to be occupied by Argentina, followed by the reigning world champion Germany which ousted Belgium from the second position.

Portugal climbed to fourth position, Colombia dropped to fifth place, while reigning European champion Spain returned to top ten under number six.

Brazil dropped two positions to seventh place, Wales climbed another place to eighth position after swapping places with the reigning Copa America champion Chile, while England retained its tenth spot.

The best mover in the ranking is the team of Liberia which climbed 65 positions to 95th place, while the worst mover is Cyprus which dropped 28 spots to 114th position.

The teams of Anguilla and the Bahamas occupy the bottom of the ranking with no points
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Valeri Bozhinov with the winning goal in Partizan 3 - Javor 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdzO2yAIrX4
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

UEFA Inspects Stara Zagora for Hosting Bulgaria's 2018 World Cup Qualifiers

Representatives of the Bulgarian Football Union (BFS) and UEFA carried out an inspection of Beroe stadium in the Bulgarian city of Stara Zagora on Wednesday.

The goal of the inspection was to establish whether the stadium meets the requirements for hosting some of the qualification matches for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

The idea of having several cities to host matches of the Bulgarian men's national football team rather than just the capital Sofia is part of the strategic plan of the Bulgarian Football Union (BFS) announced earlier this year.

The stadium in Stara Zagora was one of the four Bulgarian venues hosting the UEFA European Under-17 Championship in May and hosts matches of the junior national teams.

Following Bulgaria's failure to qualify for UEFA EURO 2016 in France after finishing fourth in group H, the men's national team has to concentrate on the forthcoming qualifications for the World Cup in Russia.

The draw determined Bulgaria in qualification group A along with the teams of the Netherlands, France, Sweden, Belarus and Luxembourg.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

One goal and missed penalty for Dimitar Berbatov in PAOK 3 - Iraklis 3

Berbatov still scored one of the goals for his team in the 65th minute. The Greek media describe him as the "fatal player" in the match because of the penalty kick he missed in the 90th minute, which could have decided the match in favour of PAOK. "We deserved victory but it is better to leave with one point than without any point at all. Our team is young, such things happen, we had no luck, but it is over now and we are looking forward to the next match," he summarised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L5yrdk-7Os
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Crowds of Football Fans Protest Urging Bulgaria Govt to Help Their Team

At least 2000 supporters of Bulgaria's CSKA football club on took to the streets of downtown Sofia on Sunday to protest against what they describe as unfair policies applied to the team.

Gathering for a rally which finished in front of Parliament, they called on the government to extend a hand to their team which has been in a dire financial situation after being officially declared insolvent.

The team's financial situation has been subject to many questions over the past years, with this year's insolvency and long-standing debts preventing it from playing in the domestic A group and European tournaments.

Plamen Markov, CEO at CSKA and a former national coach, also took part in the rally. In front of Parliament he declared that it was unclear why the national football body had granted a license to CSKA all those years despite its debt problem.

Earlier, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov had met with representatives of CSKA fans to discuss the situation.

"I told them I can help with whatever they want. But I can't pay their taxes. I can't write them off. If there were a loophole in the law, I would have used it and paid. But it can't happen, tax [obligations] are in force until death," the website Dnevnik.bg quoted him as saying.

Prior to the demonstration, fans "reenacted" at their team's official stadium in Sofia a match against the Vitosha Bistritsa football club that failed to take place.

Vitosha Bistritsa FC refused to play and this awarded three points to CSKA, with the former team's coach telling media he feared the match could become "politicized" and followed by unrest.

It is Vitosha Bistritsa where Borisov was a registered player some years ago.

The team was also embroiled in a scandal in 2012 for having used a government plane.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

One goal for Dimitar Berbatov in PAOK - Panathinaikos 3-1

PAOK put three past the league’s best defense within a quarter of an hour thanks to a Dimitar Berbatov penalty kick, and goals by Garry Rodrigues and Miguel Vitor. This was Berbatov’s third Super League goal, but upon scoring he pulled a muscle and got substituted.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3azfr ... 5-hd_sport
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »