Greek first division 2015-16

Domestic league and cup football
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

SteffenM wrote:
ilias wrote:
SteffenM wrote:
Does one know why?
Students take a test. Some of them (who failed) are starting to complain that the questions sucked. They complain that the test was "fake" and the result predefined. Finaly they demand the cancellation of the test (even for the students who succeded).
Logic is the same.

P.S The example is real.
Sorry, I am not following. :amstupid:
It is a "transfered meaning", or how does it have to do with PAOK?

So there is a Riot in Greece now?
SteffenM,
Olympiacos goalkeeper made a penalty + red card against PAOK's player.
Instead, referee gave nothing but a red card against PAOK's player who got furious with the decision.
PAOK hooligans, not standing another slaughter entered the pitch to interrupt this joke played again in front of their eyes.
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
ilias

Post by ilias »

SteffenM wrote:
ilias wrote:
SteffenM wrote:
Does one know why?
Students take a test. Some of them (who failed) are starting to complain that the questions sucked. They complain that the test was "fake" and the result predefined. Finaly they demand the cancellation of the test (even for the students who succeded).
Logic is the same.

P.S The example is real.
Sorry, I am not following. :amstupid:
It is a "transfered meaning", or how does it have to do with PAOK?

So there is a Riot in Greece now?
No, you aren't stupid. And i' am teacher that's why i used this (real) example. It was my mistake that i wasn't clear.
Violence in Greece is social problem. In a country where violence is rewarded ( google "golden dawn"), it was a matter of time violence hits football.
Financial crisis made things worse. We had problems before but after 2010 things were worse.

For football i suspect (not sure) that all team owners has financial problems. Only Marinakis (owner of Olympiacos who has his bussinesses out of Greece) was saved (perhaps with some losses but nothing compared to the others). Before some years i had read an article about the situation in Greek media. The vast majority of them was one step before the bankruptcy. One of them belongs to Alafouzos (owner of PAO).

Hint: Read "The football factory". The book not the movie.

P.S I am a fun of olympiacos but i fully respect PAO and PAOK. Also the other teams.

Goodnight to all. :)
Stand with Ukraine
Aidann

Post by Aidann »

seso wrote:Good morning members!! After 24 MDs in the Greek first division, Oly is already champion!!
Now, Olympiacos become Dortmund supporters. If the Germans win the Europa League, then Olympiacos have their place in the UCL Group Stage almost assured.
ilias

Post by ilias »

Panthrakikos - PAOK 2-1 :mrgreen: :degsmile: :rollfloor:
Stand with Ukraine
Aidann

Post by Aidann »

Olympiacos, a club involved in two separate criminal-corruption inquiries in the Greek justice system, had nevertheless been allowed in to European competition by Infantino's UEFA.

In one of these criminal inquiries, the club's president and owner, Evangelos Marinakis, is accused of being the boss of an organised-crime ring known as 'The System', which allegedly fixes matches in Greek football in order to guarantee Olympiacos victory. He is personally accused of ordering the bombing of the business premises belonging to a FIFA referee in the Greek league who had refused to do what The System had told him to do, which, when you think about it, is really quite chilling.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/matt ... ous-ground
seso

Post by seso »

Aidann wrote: Now, Olympiacos become Dortmund supporters.
Aidann, all the Greeks have always been Dortmund supporters!! :thumbs: :grin1: :wink_anim: I have to find again my 1999 s.Oliver shirt!!
ilias

Post by ilias »

seso wrote:
Aidann wrote: Now, Olympiacos become Dortmund supporters.
Aidann, all the Greeks have always been Dortmund supporters!! :thumbs: :grin1: :wink_anim: I have to find again my 1999 s.Oliver shirt!!
:) If Olympiacos play qualification and fail, that means that they don't deserve to play in CL.
Stand with Ukraine
ilias

Post by ilias »

PAOK - Olympiacos Highlights
Silva is thirsty. Asks for water... And he receives water" :D
Stand with Ukraine
seso

Post by seso »

Things get quite clear in the Greek first division with 4 MDs to be played. AEK has a good advantage for the second place. Pana, PAOK and Panionios will probably be the 3 other clubs that will enter the play-offs and qualify for European football. Panthrakikos and Kalloni will probably be relegated.
seso

Post by seso »

Good morning forum!! Another beautiful day here and I will feed the thirst of all forum members for Greek footie!! Just 3 MDs before the end of the regular season, AEK, Pana, PAOK and Panionios are even closer to qualify to the play-offs and European football. Panthrakikos and Kalloni have already been relegated. Panetolikos from Agrinio has a third consecutive good season beating AEK yesterday and being on 7th place on the table!
On the Cup front, the Sports ministry said they will reconsider the decision to re-start the cup. FIFA and UEFA sent an ultimatum to the Sports ministry that the Cup should restart within two weeks, otherwise all Greek clubs may be eliminated from European competitions.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

-5 points for PAOK and 5 games behind closed doors is the penalty for the chaos at Toumba Stadium in the abandoned cup semifinal against Olympiacos. Might have a problem with the play-off spot , they face Panionios and Platanias away.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Greek football in some serious trouble as an unbelievably stupid and stubborn Sports Minister refuses to continue the cup competition and tries to blackmail FIFA and UEFA to accept him controlling the HFF to restart the cup! Seriously, who elected this man?

FIFA and UEFA could provisionally expell Greece unless the cup restarts. Indonesia and Kuwait are explled right now by FIFA and their national teams thrown out of the 2018 World Cup Qualifying. I think the Greek Minister should learn what "no government interference on football" as stated by FIFA means....
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

Situation is not exactly like your description.

There is a criminal organisation in greek football and numerous members of Greek Football Federation and Superleague members are involved in this organisation. Currently there are two scandals under investigation with strong accusations.

Greek Minister is trying to confront the criminal organisation with tough measures and punishments.
So far he has made so many stupid mistakes, punishing mainly the victims of the organisation and not the accused by the greek courts!

The corruption provokes violence, the violence provokes chaos. So the Minister is trying to stop violence by cancelling the Cup.

UEFA and FIFA paused their presidents (Platini and Blatter) as a first step to solve their corruption matters.
On the contrary, Greek Football Federation did nothing for the corruption in their home!
So, instead of an UEFA-FIFA intervention as to persuade Federetion to follow their example and expel their members who are under justice accusations, they do blackmail the Minister by threatening to ban greek football, covering the Federation who is covering-collaborates with the Criminal Organisation!
http://www.sdna.gr/news-english/article ... d-solve-it

Funny intermission: Who did FIFA sent as a representative to talk with the Minister? They sent Mr Koutsokoumni, whose daughter married one of the suspects of Koriopolis scandal! click

In my opinion the Minister showed with his decisions (so far) that he is not able to clean the corruption. Instead he has protected the Criminal Organisation and has tried to nominate their leader.
But resisting against the Criminal Organisation-Greek Federation-FIFA-UEFA mafia, this is the last chance of seeing changes in this disastrous situations in our football.

PS: A rhetorical question: Who is going to save the sheep, if the dogs work together with the wolves?
PS2: Firnen, may I ask you where are you from?
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

But why did the government cancel the Cup completely? They could just have ordered all remaining matches to be played behind closed doors for security reasons. Then UEFA/FIFA would not have a problem with it I assume.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

og2002gr wrote: In my opinion the Minister showed with his decisions (so far) that he is not able to clean the corruption. Instead he has protected the Criminal Organisation and has tried to nominate their leader.
But resisting against the Criminal Organisation-Greek Federation-FIFA-UEFA mafia, this is the last chance of seeing changes in this disastrous situations in our football.
This seem worse then I thought as first.

Terrible for greek fans, as it stands it seems realistic no european football in greece next year, or how do you see it?

So actually some good is comming out of FIFA/UEFA, to put pressure on the logal organisers.
og2002gr wrote:PS: A rhetorical question: Who is going to save the sheep, if the dogs work together with the wolves?
Tough one.