Romanian Domestic Football 2015/2016

Domestic league and cup football
bossake

Post by bossake »

In League2 we already know the name of a new promoted team: Juventus Bucuresti. Is a team who last year camed from League3 and now will win without problems the second league also. The rest of the fight for another direct promotion place and 1 playoff game is very open:
1. Juventus Bucuresti 60
2. Fc Brasov 49
======================
3. Sepsi Sfantul Gheorghe 48
========================
4. UTA Batrana Doamna 46
5. Chindia Targoviste 44
6. CS Mioveni 44

I will be very happy if Fc Brasov will make it. Or UTA.

In Romanian Cup last week after national teams qualifying games we had the quarters:

Viitorul Constanta - Astra Giurgiu 1-3
ACS Poli Timisoara - CFR Cluj 0-0 and ACS winning on penalties.
CSU Craiova - Dinamo Bucuresti 0-0 and CSU winning on penalties
CS Mioveni (2nd league) - Fc Voluntari 0-1.

the draws for the semis wasnt maked yet. Very interesting that all the teams from playoff excepting FCSB played in quaters. ACS Poli Timisoara is in the final of the League Cup and in the semifinal of Romanian Cup. All my respect for them, a team who normally relegated last year but because Rapid bankrupted they were received again in the first league. Also started with a -14 points deducted.
Last edited by bossake on Fri Apr 07, 2017 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
bossake

Post by bossake »

In the end some short news about the FCSB team. Steaua owner taked the licence for next year european games under the new name. He changed the name of the society behind the club, being forced by the tribunal sentence.
So, Steaua Bucuresti changed its name to FCSB.

Normally this should not affect the history and the palmares, but we will see.
bossake

Post by bossake »

The Romanian First League Playoff is full of passion those days.

Results from the last update:
Round 5:
CSU Craiova - FCSB 0-1
CFR Cluj - Viitorul Constanta 0-0
Astra Giurgiu - Dinamo Bucuresti 1-2

Round 6:
CFR Cluj - FCSB 0-0
Dinamo Bucuresti - Viitorul Constanta 2-1
CSU Craiova - Astra Giurgiu 1-3

Round 7:
FCSB - Viitorul Constanta 1-1 (with FCSB clearly deserving to win)
CSU Craiova - Dinamo Bucuresti 2-2 (with Dinamo conceding in 94 min)
Astra Giurgiu - CFR Cluj 0-1

Round 8:
Dinamo Bucuresti - FCSB 2-1 (with Dinamo winning in 95min)
Viitorul Constanta - Astra Giurgiu 3-2
CFR Cluj - CSU Craiova 0-3 (with CFR very unexpected lose, a win would gived them good chance for the title)

now the table is looking like this:
1. Viitorul Constanta 38
2. FCSB 38
3. Dinamo Bucuresti 36
4. CFR Cluj 33
5. CSU Craiova 31
6. Astra Giurgiu 26

Viitorul is having the advantage vs FCSB because of the direct games.(3-1 home win and 1-1 away)
Dinamo is having the advantage over Viitorul because of 0-0 away and 2-1 win home.
If we will have all Viitorul, FCSB and Dinamo with same points at the end Dinamo has 7 points, Viitorul 5, FCSB 4 in the direct games. - all the games were played between them.
FCSB vs Dinamo are having same results 2-1 so the decider will be goal difference in the whole playoff. Now both teams have same GD, 11-7, so the next decider will be number of goals in the whole season where Dinamo has clear advantage. But hard to believe they will finish with same Goals and Conceded in playoff.

in the next rounds we will have
Round 9:
CSU Craiova - Viitorul Constanta
Astra Giurgiu - FCSB
CFR Cluj - Dinamo Bucuresti

*need to mention again that CFR is not fighting for any european place because they are not eligible for Europe this year.
Actually from Romania the teams who will play in Europe will be all from playoff excepting CFR Cluj. In Romanian Cup semis we have 2 teams from playoff and 2 teams who didnt get a licence.

Round 10:
FCSB - CSU Craiova
Dinamo Bucuresti - Astra Giurgiu
Viitorul Constanta - CFR Cluj.

I cant remember last time when with 2 rounds before the final 3 teams have realistic chances to win the title. Actually even CFR Cluj has mathematically chances (but only math) so there are 4 teams.

I still see my FCSB to win the title (of course i might be subiective) but in last 3 games we won only 2 points from 2 draws and 1 lose. The funny thing is in the first half of the playoff we had 4 wins and 1 lose. we had some luck in 2-3 matches that we not deserved to win but we winned them.
Now we certain clearly deserved to win vs Viitorul home and at least a draw vs Dinamo when we conceded an undeserved goal in min 95. But the luck was not at our side.
Now we will have a very tough game away at Astra. People from Astra really hates our team and declared they will do their best to stop us. But Astra in this playoff looked somehow poor.
In the last round in theory we will have an easy job vs CSU because they will rest some players,3 days later they will play in Romanian Cup Semifinal second leg, and their objective is 100% to win the Cup.

Viitorul will be under pressure, normally they have small chances to win their both games, but they might be helped because CSU Craiova and/or CFR Cluj will not be interested that the title to be winned by FCSB.

Dinamo will have a decisive game at Cluj. If they will win very probably in the last round will have an easy job vs Astra home. But winning at Cluj will be very hard for them.

In those playoffs system is too much about sympathy/anthypathy. Some teams have good relations with others, players has also sympathy or hates other clubs....
bossake

Post by bossake »

Romanian Cup SemiFinals: (first leg)

CSU Craiova - Fc Voluntari 0-1. A huge surprise specially because Craiova put the Cup as their primary objective. I still see for them a lot of chances to return the score in the second leg.

Astra Giurgiu - ACS Poli Timisoara 4-1. A normal result and the second leg will be just a game that needs to be played.

Both Voluntari and ACS Poli didnt applied for a licence. ACS Poli anyway would have not obtained it but I think Fc Voluntari would had a good chance to obtain the european licence. Strange decision, from what is known the money are Ok at Voluntari.

The second legs will be played about 17 May (After the last match in the playoff). The final will be played in Ploiesti, Petrolul Ploiesti stadium Ilie Oana.
bossake

Post by bossake »

Things are on fire in Romania :).

With only 1 round left, in the 9th round we had

CFR Cluj - Dinamo Bucuresti 0-3.
CFR didnt received clear penalties (100%) at 0-0 (42 min)and 0-1 (73min). Goalkeeper from Cfr (former player of Dinamo 2 seasons ago) made a silly mistake in min 51 at the first Dinamo chance and Dinamo taked the lead(Dinamo played poorly until then) you can see it here: https://youtu.be/ZxhlgB1wdbU?t=83 the 0-2 and 0-3 were scored in 87 and 97. You can watch also Dinamo second goal which is very nice.

CSU Craiova - Viitorul Constanta 0-1
The CSU owner decided to rest a lot of players and to send a team formed 70% by reserves and even 2 players that never played before for CSU (18 year goalkeeper and 18 years striker).
Even so, the players who entered the pitch gived their best but was not enough to beat Viitorul.
CSU board saied they rested the first team because they want to have them fit for the semifinal Cup game vs Fc Voluntari. But the game vs Voluntari will be played 10 days later (after the last round).
The thruth is CSU maded everything to be sure they will NOT stop Viitorul. They want Viitorul to win the title not FCSB. The fans were happy about the lose of their team.

Astra Giurgiu - FCSB 0-1
A lucky win for FCSB. Not deserved but in the last rounds we had TONS of BAD luck. Astra gived their best to make at least a draw but even they pressed very much in the second half the match ended 0-1. Astra is playing for nothing in this playoff, they cant go better than last position in the playoff even they had winned today and in the last round. So was everything to stop FCSB.
After the game a player from Astra started to cry at the interviews saying that he is furious he didnt stopped FCSB winning the title. He said they wanted very much to make at least a draw, and he personally would give 5 years from his life to obtain a draw today. He said he is a Rapid Bucuresti fan and his dream is FCSB to lose the title.
Ok, in every country where exists a "big team" like Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia or Olympiakos in Greece, maybe you can understand that some people to be against that team but here in Romania things went so far..... Players to cry after the match and even teams to field youngsters to make the job easy for Viitorul. Also Dinamo match at CFR was very dubious with that goalkeeper mistake and also 2 referee crucial mistake.
Last edited by bossake on Tue May 09, 2017 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
bossake

Post by bossake »

In the last round of the playoff we have:

Viitorul Constanta - CFR Cluj
FCSB - CSU Craiova

1. Viitorul 41
2. FCSB 41
3. Dinamo Bucuresti 39
4. CFR Cluj 33
5. CSU Craiova 31
6. Astra Giurgiu 26

Viitorul Constanta - CFR Cluj
Viitorul in the second half of the playoff looked bad. They losed vs Dinamo away, maked a tottally undeserved draw away vs FCSB and had 2 "special" wins home vs Astra and away at CSU. Both Astra and CSU were in a "bad" form against them, actually with CSU they winned hard against a team full with youngsters.
Normally CFR is having good chances to make at least a draw but who knows, maybe Cfr will have also a club strategy to give the title to Viitorul not to Steaua or Dinamo. But normally at CFR there are serious people and if the game will be normal I see good chances to make at least a draw. Viitorul have a lot of youngsters and the pressure will be big on them.

FCSB - CSU Craiova
Craiova at this game really have reasons to rest some players. 3 days later will play in the Cup SemiFinal Second Leg vs Voluntari (lost 0-1 home! in the first leg). But FCSB owner after Craiova rested players vs Viitorul had furious messages at TV for CSU owner and president. Becali, FCSB owner, said he will also make a memorium to Romanian Football Asociation (saying there are 14 teams in the league, you cant disrespect the competition in this way and influence the final rankings as you wish), UEFA and even to Romanian police. He said this is corruption. So this things might influence CSU to play with the best team to stop FCSB :))).
But normally CSU will play with the youngsters too and we have all the chances to be a simple game for FCSB.

Here is an enigma if Astra will give their best or not. I think they will play a normal game, they will not be so "nervous" like they were against FCSB for sure but not also a sure victim.Anyway Dinamo in this period looks the best team from the league and Astra looked bad in the whole playoff.

Is first time in my life when I watch a Liga1 with 3 teams having chances at winning the league before the last round. I just bought tickets for FCSB - CSU Craiova game and hope to celebrate another title for my Steaua. From when I watch football (about 1997-1998 when I had 10-11 years), is 5th time when my team is implicated before the last round in winning the title. 4 times we won the title (1998, 2005, 2006, 2015) - only in 1998 we started the last round from second place. We lost only in 2008 - started second the last round.
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

If that Dinamo fan is in goal for Cluj,FCSB have no chance to win the title,he's gonna start kicking the ball into his own goal in Ovidiu. :D
Are CSU playing all their games in Turnu-Severin?
max_m

Post by max_m »

Who will win the league if both teams finish the league with same amount of points? Theoreticly, Dinamo B. could also be tied with Voluntari and FCSB, who is the winner then?
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

max_m wrote:Who will win the league if both teams finish the league with same amount of points? Theoreticly, Dinamo B. could also be tied with Voluntari and FCSB, who is the winner then?
According to Wikipedia head to head results will decide:

Viitorul - FCSB 3-1, 1-1
Viitorul - Dinamo 0-0, 1-2
FCSB - Dinamo 2-1, 1-2 -- So goal difference would decide

3 way: Dinamo (7) - Viitorul (5) - FCSB (4)
bossake

Post by bossake »

totosexpandingheadband wrote:If that Dinamo fan is in goal for Cluj,FCSB have no chance to win the title,he's gonna start kicking the ball into his own goal in Ovidiu. :D
Yeah, will be interesting how he will play against Viitorul. Some sources from CFR said he is very low-morale after people acused him and he prefers to dont play vs Viitorul. But Cfr other goalkeeper played for Viitorul from 2012 until 2014 :)).

CSU Craiova is waiting for their stadium in Craiova to be ready(a new stadium with very nice architecture, ~30.000places). The stadium is owned by local authorithies of Craiova and they are making their best to be functional for the Europa League games of CSU. But is not clear if they will finish the construction or not on time. If the new stadium will not be ready 95% I am sure they will play in Turnu-Severin.
In playoff they played vs Dinamo and Steaua in Turnu Severin and vs Astra,CFR and Viitorul in Pitesti.
Funkmaster

Post by Funkmaster »

No offense, but why did they build this stadium in Craiova? They only have 6000 per Match in the playoff, before during the regular league they had even less. I think it would have been better to build a good stadium in Bukarest, because the national stadium is simply too big and the stadiums from Steaua and especially Dinamo are looking quite old/poor.
Executor

Post by Executor »

Funkmaster wrote:No offense, but why did they build this stadium in Craiova? They only have 6000 per Match in the playoff, before during the regular league they had even less. I think it would have been better to build a good stadium in Bukarest, because the national stadium is simply too big and the stadiums from Steaua and especially Dinamo are looking quite old/poor.
You do realize that, as bossake wrote, in the playoff they played 2 games in Drobeta-Turnu Severin (110 km away) and 3 games in Pitești (120 km away). In these circumstances the 6,000 attendance per game is very good. And during the regular season they played in a very poor stadium in Craiova, that didn't entice people to come and watch football. There will be support for this team on the new stadium.

In Bucharest, Ghencea and Giulești (the stadiums of real Steaua and Rapid) will be rebuilt, as part of the plans to organize games of EURO 2020. No official games will be played there, but they are needed for trainings. The stadium of Dinamo is still in doubt whether it will be rebuilt or not, as there are some legal disputes surrounding the field on which it is located.
bossake

Post by bossake »

The decision of building stadiums are taken by authorthies of the city(with only few exceptions here in Romania no club owns their stadiums).
Just as a fact the teams who own their stadiums from Liga1 are: CFR, Astra Giurgiu (actually they owns 2 stadium, in Ploiesti and in Giurgiu) and Viitorul Constanta. Rest of the teams home stadiums are owned by autorithies of the city or other government companies (for example Rapid stadium is owned by Minister of Transport, Steaua stadium in Ghencea is owned by The Minister of Defense - Army, Dinamo by the police etc, Arena Nationala is owned by Bucharest authorithies etc).

I think people in Craiova needed this new stadium, maybe the cost (about 50 mil Eur)and the capacity is too big. But a hilarious situation is ready to be in Targu Jiu. The authorithies from there builds a new stadium but the team is very close to relegate, and not only to relegate, to go into bankruptcy and dissapear. So, we will have there a new, modern (not so big, about 15.000places) stadium but who knows what team will play there. Few years ago, Targu Jiu had the team in Europa League but their stadium was poor and played in Cluj their Europa League group games (about 400km far away).
Same in Cluj, we have there a new stadium of Universitatea Cluj (owned by Cluj authorithies, about 35.000places) but Universitatea Cluj dissapeared and now was refounded in the 4th League. So, another modern stadium but nobody to perform there. The good thing for Cluj authorithies is they make there a lot of concerts (maybe you heared about Untold) and the stadium is used more for that than for football.

In Ploiesti, the new Ilie Oana stadium(owned by authorithies in Ploiesti), ~14.000 places, opened in 2011, is now hosting 4th league games of the new team Petrolul Ploiesti. But even so I appreciate people from Ploiesti, the attendence is very nice even in League4. Petrolul had home games with more than 5000 people at the start of the season, when the enthusyasm was bigger than now.

As Executor said, is now clear that Steaua stadium Ghencea + Rapid will be replaced with new stadiums. At Dinamo the juridical situation of the stadium is not very clear and is not clear if the stadium will be rebuild there too or will be choosed another stadium from Bucharest to be rebuild.

Of course I am a football fan and I like when new stadiums are maded. But here in Romania the life is poor, maybe the authorithies could make hospitals, roads and other things for comunity and only AFTER you maked that to think of spending milions and milions for new stadiums. In the same time I can say anyway in Romania authorithies "steal" the money - use the money for stupid things and... thanks God they decide to do something good with the money.

For example new stadiums are made in Bucharest but even we host 2020 the amount of money we spending is way too much. Steaua stadium will cost about 50 mil Eur, Rapid stadium about 25, Dinamo about 30...
I think for training of the teams who will play in Arena Nationala in Euro 2020 it could be enough just to rebuild the pitch and the dressing rooms of the stadiums. Is not needed to build a completely new stadium just because some big national teams come to train few days in those stadiums.
And just think that in this moment the situation of Steaua (team of Army) and Rapid are unclear. Steaua said they will refound in league4 but is unclear if they will have the financial power to came again a big team. For what to make a new 30.000 stadium? Same Rapid, they dont exists anymore in this moment.
Funkmaster wrote:I think it would have been better to build a good stadium in Bukarest, because the national stadium is simply too big and the stadiums from Steaua and especially Dinamo are looking quite old/poor.
Your observations are very good. Actually next year we might have 3 teams that will play in Arena Nationala. FCSB, Dinamo (if their stadium will be finally choosed to be rebuild) and the new promoted Juventus Bucuresti which stadium not fulfill the Liga1 standards in this moment and they cant improve the facilities in this moment because their stadium is in a juridical dispute (some 80 year old woman earned in tribunal the area where the stadium is located).
Also is very possible that Viitorul Constanta to play their home european games in Bucharest too.
People from Ghencea Stadium (Army) simply closed the stadium doors in 2015. They didnt accepted to rent the stadium to FCSB anymore saying they are waiting that constructions to be start for the new stadium. We are in 2017 and still nothing started, but is very possible that in few months to start.
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

bossake wrote:
totosexpandingheadband wrote:If that Dinamo fan is in goal for Cluj,FCSB have no chance to win the title,he's gonna start kicking the ball into his own goal in Ovidiu. :D
Yeah, will be interesting how he will play against Viitorul. Some sources from CFR said he is very low-morale after people acused him and he prefers to dont play vs Viitorul. But Cfr other goalkeeper played for Viitorul from 2012 until 2014 :)).

CSU Craiova is waiting for their stadium in Craiova to be ready(a new stadium with very nice architecture, ~30.000places). The stadium is owned by local authorithies of Craiova and they are making their best to be functional for the Europa League games of CSU. But is not clear if they will finish the construction or not on time. If the new stadium will not be ready 95% I am sure they will play in Turnu-Severin.
In playoff they played vs Dinamo and Steaua in Turnu Severin and vs Astra,CFR and Viitorul in Pitesti.
Yes,I walked around the area of the new stadium in Craiova last year on my way back from watching Pandurii in Turnu Severin,it was coming on quite nicely then.It's a shame what happened to Pandurii with the new stadium waiting.Is there any news on renovating the stadium in Constanta?,I don't know why they don't do that and have Viitorul play there.It looks like there won't be any new stadiums for me to visit in Romania next season for the European games.
bossake

Post by bossake »

The Farul stadium from Constanta is in a terrible condition. The stadium is in property of Romanian Youngster and Sport Minister in this moment. There are negociations that the stadium to be transfered to Constanta authorithies.But only negociations. This can be the first step of making there a new stadium or at least improve the current facilities.
Viitorul when promoted in the first league, in 2012, I remember they played there their first season home games. But Gheorghe Hagi's team was very sad because of the poor conditions of the stadium and because people from Constanta didnt camed to sustain his team. The attendence was very very low, actually the ultras from Constanta even hated this team - they were furious why Hagi didnt taked Farul Constanta - traditional team from that city, and prefered to make his own team. Hagi when was young was formed by Farul Constanta.
The thruth is Hagi wanted to take Farul but at that time the owner of Farul didnt wanted to sell the team, or maybe requested a not corect price (at that time Farul still was a brand, and maybe Hagi didnt want to invest too much).

Now, 2017, Farul dissapeared (actually the fans are maked a new team but is only in league 4 or 5th), and Viitorul is just one step of bringing the first championship in Constanta. Constanta is the numer 5 city in Romania (number of people), with about 297.000 people. Only Constanta and Iasi (number 2) didnt won any titles. Bucharest (1.9 mil people), Cluj (no3,304.000) and Timisoara (303.000) won it.
Hagi was everytime sad that nobody from authorithies helped him. In time when some teams receive stadiums from authorithies others even are owned and 100% financed by local authorithies he said that in Constanta nobody helped him at least making the road between his stadium and the main road. (His academy is somehow off the main road).

Only few weeks ago Hagi said in media he had a meeting with Farul chief of supporters and from that time i seen Viitorul is followed by fans even in away games, which is a premiere for this team who didnt have any fan base.
The tickets for the last game vs CFR that might make them champions were sold in 30 mins.(the whole stadium has about 4000places, but he selled only about 2000 - rest being holded for invitations etc).

Viitorul plays a very nice 4-3-3.. about 80% of their start up players are players which camed at the club at 16-17 years and developed there as a footballers and also as persons. Hagi simply learn football to his youngster. Football from A to Z.
In the future they will have first team players who are at the academy from 10-11 years old...
Another interesting thing is during this season they sold their best players. Florin Tanase in August to FCSB (1.8 mil), Razvan Marin to Standard Liege for about 2 mil Euro.Also Ianis Hagi was sold to Fiorentina but he didnt was such an important player at Viitorul. Despite his father named him captain but didnt had very much appearences.
Until now they selled every player had an offer, this is the club strategy they sell because another players will come from the academy, maybe better than the one he leaves.

I made a short description about Viitorul. The nicest project from Romanian football.A football who sometimes is full of dirties, ugly things. Even I am not very happy if FCSB will lose the title, I am so happy for Hagi. He deserves this, maybe is a signal for any investor in Romania, that if you invest smart in Romania and have patience you will get the results. Hagi when started the project his appropiates were very worried. He invested very much money, he even risked his family future. But he said football gived him everything so he felt he must give football something back.
Hagi from how I can feel it in TV interviews still has the ambition to prove to the world he is also a good coach. So I think if he will receive an offer from a good european team with a good project we might see he leaving his club, for a while :).
ohh, Hagi was in charge at FCSB in 2007. For only 2-3 months because he had an argue with Becali and leaved the club. From that time Hagi said to Becali to make this academy at FCSB but Becali refused to take seriously the idea (he invested at the start in a kind of academy but very short,1 year he disolved it). Now, 10 years later Becali invested in his team about ~8 milions only in transfers in the last 2 years (about 20 times more than all the teams from the league in total!) and is very probably to lose the second title consecutively. Hagi started the academy with his own money in 2009 and here are the results. And beside the results the biggest win for Romanian football is Academia Hagi is a natural and long term project. We had a lot of good teams in Romania but in 1-2-3 years they dissapeared. Hagi for sure will not dissapear for long time.