German Football Season 2016-17

Domestic league and cup football
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

And Werder lost again with their new (interim) coach.

Schalke 1:3 against Köln. So Schalke are 0-0-4 in Bundesliga. Leverkusen missed a penalty again, they only scored 8 of last 17 penalties.
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Schalke. Next loss. 0 points from 5 games. Strange.
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Hamburg sacked coach Labbadia, they appointed Markus Gisdol (former Hoffenheim coach) as his successor, he signed a contract until the end of the season. So the AVB rumour is still on.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Hasthere ever been in germany a team that had 0/15 points and was not relegated? In France, i think this did not happen I am nearly sure that a team that had 0 points after 6 games was definately "out" in spring. Well, this does not happen anymore the last years.....already after 2 games, nobody had 0 points...
Todor

Post by Todor »

Malko wrote:Hasthere ever been in germany a team that had 0/15 points and was not relegated? In France, i think this did not happen I am nearly sure that a team that had 0 points after 6 games was definately "out" in spring. Well, this does not happen anymore the last years.....already after 2 games, nobody had 0 points...
Gladbach last season.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

whoscored marks

update after MD5 (average of the best 3 performances)

1. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern) 8.74
2. Anthony Modeste (Köln) 8.69
3. Franck Ribéry (Bayern) 8.63
4. Thiago Alcantara (Bayern) 8.40
5. Marco Fabian (Eintracht) 8.35
6. Gonzalo Castro (Dortmund) 8.34
7. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Dortmund) 8.22
8. Ousmane Dembélé (Dortmund) 8.17
9. Konstantinos Stafylidis (Augsburg) 8.12
10. Chicharito (Leverkusen) 8.07
etc.
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

BurningStorm wrote:Hamburg sacked coach Labbadia, they appointed Markus Gisdol (former Hoffenheim coach) as his successor, he signed a contract until the end of the season. So the AVB rumour is still on.
Maybe AVB was just trolling, he's learning German for fun, and posted the picture just to see everyone go crazy. :p
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Lyonnais wrote:5. Marco Fabian (Eintracht) 8.35
Technical note: "Eintracht", being similiar to "United" in English, is a common team name in Germany, there are many dozens of them. I.e. this season's first cup round featured no less than four of them amongst the 64 starters: Eintracht Frankfurt, Eintracht Braunschweig, Eintracht Trier und Eintracht Norderstedt.

So even if "Frankfurt" can be misleading too for "FSV Frankfurt" being a regular in 2nd Bundesliga, all German language tables and stat overviews have them as "Frankfurt" or "E. Frankfurt" or "Eintracht Frankfurt", but never "Eintracht" alone.
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Thunder_PT wrote:
BurningStorm wrote:Hamburg sacked coach Labbadia, they appointed Markus Gisdol (former Hoffenheim coach) as his successor, he signed a contract until the end of the season. So the AVB rumour is still on.
Maybe AVB was just trolling, he's learning German for fun, and posted the picture just to see everyone go crazy. :p
At least the HSV fans go crazy, I am from Northern Germany and here are a lot of them. I told them he could go to Salzburg or Basel at the end. :mrgreen:
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

greenbay wrote:
Lyonnais wrote:5. Marco Fabian (Eintracht) 8.35
Technical note: "Eintracht", being similiar to "United" in English, is a common team name in Germany, there are many dozens of them. I.e. this season's first cup round featured no less than four of them amongst the 64 starters: Eintracht Frankfurt, Eintracht Braunschweig, Eintracht Trier und Eintracht Norderstedt.

So even if "Frankfurt" can be misleading too for "FSV Frankfurt" being a regular in 2nd Bundesliga, all German language tables and stat overviews have them as "Frankfurt" or "E. Frankfurt" or "Eintracht Frankfurt", but never "Eintracht" alone.
Thanks greenbay for the precision. I will take it into account.
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Malko

Post by Malko »

Well in Germany some clubs are known only by their add.... So, anyone knows "Der Club" is Nürnberg for example.
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

87 minutes, 1-1, Bayern to score any second now.
SirHenri

Post by SirHenri »

now Cologne almost scored :)

Hertha winning, so great day even if Bayern scores now....nope 1-1 FT

And Leipzig still undefeated, 5th atm
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Bayern only 1-1, will the terminator be back after that performance?

Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

And Dortmund needed 20 minutes to finally have an attempt on goal. Interesting day in Germany.