Bulgarian Football Season 2016/2017

Domestic league and cup football
Todor

Post by Todor »

Forza AZ wrote:
Pete Wisdom wrote:What would happen if Botev won the Cup today? Would it still make sense for them to play in the EL play-offs?
They won't have anything to win then in the EL-play-offs. If they will still play Vereya and win, then I guess their opponent in the final EL play-off round will be qualified no matter if they win or lose.
If Botev win, there will be no play-off with Vereya. Vereya will play the play-off for the final EL place with the team finished either 3rd or 4th, depending on UEFA decision for CSKA-Sofia from Sofia, aka Litex Lovech, aka Chavdar Etropole :).
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

Seems strange that a team that has been in the bottom part of the league is going to have a shot at a team that has been around the top of the league to get into the EL,or am I reading this wrong?
Pete Wisdom

Post by Pete Wisdom »

No. EL play-offs work similar in Belgium, Denmark and Romania.
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

Pete Wisdom wrote:No. EL play-offs work similar in Belgium, Denmark and Romania.
Well,I still don't understand what the Belgian system works like,what is the play off game in Rumania?,I can't see one.
Pete Wisdom

Post by Pete Wisdom »

Shit, Romania doesn't have those. I got mixed up somehow.

In Belgium it's quite similar to the one in Bulgaria when it comes to EL play-offs: bunch of teams from lower places compete in two groups, their winners play each other, and then the winner of that plays the team from championship play-offs for the place in EL qualifiers.
Todor

Post by Todor »

totosexpandingheadband wrote:Seems strange that a team that has been in the bottom part of the league is going to have a shot at a team that has been around the top of the league to get into the EL,or am I reading this wrong?
American style bullshit. It's beyond me how a team finished 8th is given a chance to replace the team finished 3rd after a 36-game-long season and in the process leapfrogging teams finished 4,5 and 6.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

FC Botev (Plovdiv) won the Bulgaria Cup for 2017 after beating Ludogorets 2-1 in the final match in Sofia Wednesday. They took the cup for the first time since 1981 and for the third time in the entire history of the club. The final win was also Botev's revenge on Ludogoretz for the loss in the 2014 national cup final ..

I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
matt

Post by matt »

The issue about CSKA-Sofia european licence must be solved before the El Play-Off i guess?
International break hater
Todor

Post by Todor »

matt wrote:The issue about CSKA-Sofia european licence must be solved before the El Play-Off i guess?
It looks as though it has already been decided:
http://btvnovinite.bg/article/sport/uef ... ezona.html
Todor

Post by Todor »

Todor wrote:
matt wrote:The issue about CSKA-Sofia european licence must be solved before the El Play-Off i guess?
It looks as though it has already been decided:
http://btvnovinite.bg/article/sport/uef ... ezona.html
And this is the official letter from UEFA to the Bulgarian Football Union:
http://bfunion.bg/uploads/CSKA-SOFIA_UEFA.pdf
LevskiFan

Post by LevskiFan »

Yup finally this discussion has been put to an end. The new club Cska-Sofia has absolutely nothing to do with the authentic Cska. A fact that has been known to everyone but the Cska fans (or should I say part of them because there are many red fans who did not believe this is their Cska). Its amazing how a team can be formed from two others (Litex Lovech and Chavdar etropole) and become a team, which continues to exist in the lower leagues :lol:
And btw I am not happy at all that Levski has taken their place in Europe because we are nowhere near ready to play there.
matt

Post by matt »

LevskiFan wrote: And btw I am not happy at all that Levski has taken their place in Europe because we are nowhere near ready to play there.
Well, it's better to play and to win at least one tie than not play in Europe at all. With one lucky draw you could even qualfify to the qr3 and face the likes of MIlan, Zenit, Marseille.
International break hater
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

LevskiFan wrote:Yup finally this discussion has been put to an end. The new club Cska-Sofia has absolutely nothing to do with the authentic Cska. A fact that has been known to everyone but the Cska fans (or should I say part of them because there are many red fans who did not believe this is their Cska). Its amazing how a team can be formed from two others (Litex Lovech and Chavdar etropole) and become a team, which continues to exist in the lower leagues :lol:
And btw I am not happy at all that Levski has taken their place in Europe because we are nowhere near ready to play there.
This shit happens a lot in the Mexican league, even more brazenly I'd say. That's thanks to their looking up to American sports culture.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Lokomotiv Gorna 0-2 Montana, (1-3 agg) 20 minutes.

This Montana team could only muster 15 points in 32 matches of non-KO football, and now they're going to relegate a team which had double the number of points thanks to this playoff system. Amazing.

They still have to survive one more round against 2nd tier opposition though.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

I also think that the KO system for relegation is very stupid, like Montana could have lost every single game of the regular season and play-off then win 2 games in the KO and they aren't even relegated? if there is a play-off then it should at least be with direct relegation (like Poland or Romania for example)