Bulgarian Football Season 2016/2017

Domestic league and cup football
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets Loses Tense Game against Arsenal in Sofia

The team of Ludogorets Razgrad suffered a dramatic defeat from Arsenal, after leading it the beginning of the game at Vasil Levski National Stadium in Sofia.

Ludogorets had a clear lead 2:0 in the first twenty minutes, with Jonathan Cafu and Keșerü scoring in the 12th and 15th minute, respectively.

However, Basel managed to catch up three minutes out of halftime with two goals from Xhaka (20') and Giroud (42').

Özil ended uncertainty for Arsenal with the third goal in the 88th minute.

Ludogorets' had sought to turn the tables after its 0:6 loss to Arsenal in October, hoping to secure additional points within the Champions League tournament.

Results so far suggest Arsenal and PSG top their group with 10 points each, Ludogorets and Basel trailing far behind with 1 point.

The two teams at the bottom of the group will be vying to secure the third spot, which will give the winner a chance to compete in Europa League in the spring.

Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rl2Zk9Vt9o
I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
fillow

Post by fillow »

I'm looking at the photo above and can't help but wonder if top clubs are obligated to play a certain number of matches in second/third kits? Why couldn't Arsenal just wear their usual red/white like in the first game?
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

fillow wrote:I'm looking at the photo above and can't help but wonder if top clubs are obligated to play a certain number of matches in second/third kits? Why couldn't Arsenal just wear their usual red/white like in the first game?
There are some article in Mirror - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... it-8932338 that Arsenal was forced into wearing their away kit even in London in their match against Basel.

If the main idea was to distinguish team colors, I think their game vs Ludogorets was not the best example.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria Defeats Belarus 1:0 FIFA 2018 Qualifiers

Bulgaria's national football team scored a victory over Belarus with 1:0 on Sunday evening in a 2018 World Cup qualifiers game in Sofia.

Belarus was a tough opponent after a win on Greece earlier this week.

Within their group, both teams are considered outsidets.

But the Bulgarian team was seeking a way out of a new series of defeats, the only recent win in the World Cup qualifying stage having been against Luxembourg (4:3).

It is also struggling to recover from the stress of the change in coach, with Ivaylo Petev having left the national team to take over Dinamo Zagreb.

The game began at 19:00 at National Stadium Vasil Levski in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.

By Sunday, only 200 tickets had been sold, amid a new wave of disillusion with the Bulgarians among local football fans, but also amid strong interest in the presidential elections' runoff where much is thought to be at stake. In the end, a meagre 3000 watch the game from the stands.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria U19 qualified for the UERO 2017 Elite round

The Bulgarian under-19 national team qualified for the Elite round after win against Denmark 3:1 in the second match in Group 8 of the EURO 2017 Qualifying round. The game was played in front of more than 400 people at “Hadzhi Dimitar” stadium in Sliven.

The Bulgarians made a complete comeback, as they demonstrated once again spirit, will to win, devotion, aggression and scored three goals.

In the 11th minute Marcussen opened the scoring for Denmark with a shot from close range.

That didn`t discourage the Bulgarians, who equalized ten minutes later. Ivan Tilev netted the ball with a haeader after a cross by Mariyan Dimitrov from the right side.

In the 33rd minute Angel Stoykov`s players could have doubled their lead. Georgi Rusev crossed to Svetoslav Kovachev, but he missed the ball.

In the end of the first half Bruun Larsen was left one-on-one with the goalie, but missed the target.

In the 64th minute the “Lions” made a complete comeback. Rusev crossed from the right side, Daniel Anyembe didn`t intervene well and Tonislav Yordanov sent the ball home with a strong shot.

In the 80th minute the Bulgarians secured their win with a third goal. CSKA-Sofia forward Tonislav Yordanov received the ball from Valentin Yoskov and found the net with a precise shot.

In the other game of the Group, played earlier at “Hadzhi Dimitar” stadium, Portugal and Belarus finished 1:1.

Thus, after the second games, Bulgaria is leading the group with 6 points, followed by Denmark with 3. Portugal and Belarus are in the last two positions with 1 point.

Bulgaria`s next and final game of the Group is against Belarus. The match will be played on Tuesday, 15.11.2016, at 13:00 hrs CET (14:00 LCT) at “Hadzhi Dimitar” stadium in Sliven. The other match between Portugal and Denmark will be played at the same time at “Beroe” stadium in Stara Zagora.

Denmark – Bulgaria 1:3
Goalscorers: 1:0 Marcussen (11), Ivan Tilev 1:1 (21), 1:2 Tonislav Yordanov (64), 1:3 Tonislav Yordanov (80)
Yellow cards: Rusev, Dimitrov (Bulgaria), Nelsson (Denmark)

Denmark U19: 1. J. Larsen, 2. Buur, 4. Kabongo, 7. Anyembe, 9. Kudsk (62-Muccoli), 10. Nelsson, 11. Kjargaard – C., 12. Johansson (62-Ramkilde), 13. Amundsen, 14. Bruun Larsen (82-Brink), 15. Osted Marcussen
Coach: Henrik Clausen

Bulgaria U19: Daniel Naumov-C., Mariyan Dimitrov, Petko Hristov, Petar Genchev, Angel Lyaskov, Ivaylo Naydenov, Asen Chandarov, Svetoslav Kovachev (52-Valentin Yoskov), Georgi Rusev, Ivan Tilev (90-Stanislav Ivanov), Tonislav Yordanov ( 82-Vasil Dobrev);
Coach: Angel Stoykov

Referee: Mohammed Al-Hakim (SWE)
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgarian National U19 team lost to Belarus 0:1 at "Hadzhi Dimitar" stadium in Sliven in their final match of the qualifying round for EURO 2017. Despite the defeat, our team finished first in the group 8 with a total of 6 points after the previous two victories against the teams of Portugal (1:0) and Denmark (3:1).

The Team of Portugal took the second place with 4 points after a win against Denmark 2:1 at “Beroe” stadium in Stara Zagora.

The team of Belarus with 4 points will also progress to the Elite round as the third-placed team with the best record against the top pair in their group.

Denmark ended in 4th place in a group and with 3 points won will not progress to the next stage.

At the beginning of the match the forward of CSKA-Sofia Tonislav Yordanov missed the target.

The guests also had few goal scoring opportunities but Bulgarian captain Daniel Naumov saved the attempts of Pavel Sedko and Aleksandr Krasnov.

In 62 nd min Tonislav Yordanov had an effort on goal but Pavel Pavlyuchenko made a save. Few seconds later the goalkeeper of Belarus blocked also the shot of Angel Lyaskov.

Our captain Naumov had an injury but despite that he managed to save few dangerous shots.

In the 83 min Ivan Bakhar was in an excellent position and scored a goal for the final 1:0.

Bulgaria is one of the 27 teams that joined the team of Spain to the Elite round. The draw will be held on 13 December in Nyon. The teams will be split in 7 groups. The seven group winners from that stage go into the finals alongside Georgia.

Belarus - Bulgaria 1:0

Goal scored by: 1:0 Ivan Bakhar (83)

Belarus U19: Pavel Pavlyuchenko (GK), Maksim Shvetsov (C), Ivan Kisel, Konstantin Kuchinski, Pavel Sedko, Aleksandr Krasnov (71-Sergei Dichenkov), Ivan Bakhar, Artur Saramakha (56-Maksim Savostikov), Vitali Lisakovich, Vladislav Malkevich, Aleksei Vakulich (46-Uladzislau Mukhamedau);

Coach: Mikhail Markhel (BLR)

Bulgaria U19: Daniel Naumov (GK) (C), Mariyan Dimitrov, Vasil Dobrev, Petar Genchev, Angel Lyaskov, Ivaylo Naydenov, Asen Chandarov, Svetoslav Kovachev (46-Ivaylo Klimentov), Georgi Rusev, Tonislav Yordanov (81-valentin Yoskov), Stanislav Ivanov (72-Stivan Slavkov);

Coach: Angel Stoykov (BUL)

Referee: Mohammed Al-Hakim (SWE)
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets Razgrad and FC Basel drew 0-0 in the Champions League on Wednesday, sending their fight for third place in Group A to the final round.

Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain drew 2-2 in London but both had already qualified for the knockout stages as the group's top two teams.

Ludogorets and Basel are tied after a winless campaign on two points each. They also drew in Basel, 1-1.

The third team in the group will earn at least a spot in the second-tier Europa League. The bottom team is eliminated.

Basel looked more dangerous of the two at Natsionalen Stadion Vasil Levski, but Ludogorets goalkeeper Vladislav Stoyanov did his best to keep hopes alive of continuing in a European competition.

"We gave our all," Basel coach Urs Fischer said. "We had a good game but we failed to convert our chances."

In the final matches in the group, Basel hosts Arsenal while Paris Saint-Germain plays Ludogorets on Dec. 6.

"I am sure Arsenal will be at their best," Ludogorets coach Georgi Dermendzhiev said.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

Santa has the Championship trophy wrapped and ready to deliver to Razgrad well before Christmas.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets Tied 2:2 with PSG, Qualifying for Europa League

Ludogorets Razgrad has ended its participation in the Champions League after playing against Paris Saint-Germain in the French capital.

Through the tie, the Bulgarian football club has secured a point that allows it to play in the UEFA Europa League next year.

The other factor that has helped it qualify is the defeat of Arsenal over Basel with 4:1. Basel was the team vying with Ludogorets for the place in Europa League.

Misidjan and Wanderson scored for Ludogorets in the 15th and 69th minute respectively.

The Bulgarian club had a one-point edge for an hour until Cavani of PSG scored in the 61st minute, and Di María kicked into the goal two minutes into the extra time.

At three points, Ludogorets is left third in Group A, while PSG gets 12 points and the second place.

The result also means Arsenal wins Group A, with the team thanking Ludogorets for the tie that gave it an edge over PSG.

Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLp3ynjbxi8
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Do you know what is the less attended 1st tier's football game in Europe (not being played behind closed doors) for this season (and possibly for all times)?

Here it is: MONTANA 1921 - VEREYA STARA ZAGORA (Bulgarian First Professional League, round 19), played yesterday's evening in Lovech.

Only 14 people attended this game (2 of them media representatives).... Any comments? :oops: :oops: :oops:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: to Kiril Domuschiev (a mafia boss and president of Ludogorets FC) and Borislav Mihaylov (a drunkard and president of Bulgarian Football Union) - the killers of Bulgarian football!!
AGAINST MODERN FOOTBALL!!!
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Wanderer wrote:Do you know what is the less attended 1st tier's football game in Europe (not being played behind closed doors) for this season (and possibly for all times)?
Here it is: MONTANA 1921 - VEREYA STARA ZAGORA (Bulgarian First Professional League, round 19), played yesterday's evening in Lovech.
Only 14 people attended this game (2 of them media representatives).... Any comments? :oops: :oops: :oops:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: to Kiril Domuschiev (a mafia boss and president of Ludogorets FC) and Borislav Mihaylov (a drunkard and president of Bulgarian Football Union) - the killers of Bulgarian football!!
What have you expected ?

One team on the middle vs one on the table bottom, playing outside their home city in a working day and -5C Weather ?
Two teams, without any fan base, especially Vereya, playing outside their home cities in a very cold time... 15,000 perhaps ?
Otherwise, it is not a players and team football quality involved fault, but Ludogorets and their owner (virtual mafia guy LOOOOOL :lol: :lol: :lol: ) + of course Boby Mihaylov (with support of UEFA, FIFA, FUFA, FAFA all those "killers of Bulgarian football" :lol: :lol: :lol: LOOOL)

Not of course the fans in Lovech, who I doubt they filled their stadium with more than 2-3K, even in their glorious past.

HEY Wanderer, SHUT THE FUCK UP HATER :idea: