Bulgarian Football Season 2016/2017

Domestic league and cup football
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

They are not in Europe, actually. Definitely not there in mentality. They are still in the communist era, where all rules was written and rewritten to suit them (ex. to take best young players, only because they are obligated to join army and CSKA was the main army club).
I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

Whatever the situation with CSKA,this situation has arisen from the ludicrous decision to allow the 7th place team a chance to kick out the 3rd place team from the Europe,when the 3rd place has always been qualified to Europe automatically in past seasons.It would have been interesting to see what decision they would have come up with if CSKA had finished 3rd,then won the play off and found out they were disqualified from Europe.
Todor

Post by Todor »

mspm89 wrote:I live in another continent so it's a non-issue for me, but I can't believe people in Europe are so out of touch with all the things we discuss in this forum about rules and coefficents. Only a select group of "football nerds" in Bulgaria was aware of the 3-year rule, so that the people behind the new CSKA were able to fool so many?
Actually, it's not the new club's people responsibility to decide if they are eligible for UEFA football or not. It had to be done by the people in the BFU, which are expected to know the rules. It is just not possible that no one there was at least a little bit aware of the situation, so as not to ring a bell and check with UEFA at the start of the season, even more so that UEFA refused to let the youth team of Litex take part in the Youth CL in September.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

yet another proof that the play-off system is dumb as f
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Neftochimic Burgas going down. Montana could be safe tomorrow, LMFAO.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

shnura wrote:Update from two days ago: CSKA Sofia owner (in First league) bought the emblem for the same price as the amount of public state debt (without the interest rate) of the bankrupt club. So that means CSKA Sofia can now legally claim inheritance of the old entity.
The concept of buying history is something that is hard to understand. I know it's a little naive to claim that history are facts as it really happened, but nevertheless. New clubs (not clubs that had problems and got financial solutions by law) should start without history. And a license should not be something that can be transferred.
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
Todor

Post by Todor »

bert.kassies wrote:
shnura wrote:Update from two days ago: CSKA Sofia owner (in First league) bought the emblem for the same price as the amount of public state debt (without the interest rate) of the bankrupt club. So that means CSKA Sofia can now legally claim inheritance of the old entity.
The concept of buying history is something that is hard to understand. I know it's a little naive to claim that history are facts as it really happened, but nevertheless. New clubs (not clubs that had problems and got financial solutions by law) should start without history. And a license should not be something that can be transferred.
I really hate the idea of a club being liquidated for non-football related reasons. For me, a club should consist of two parts: a commercial part and a football part. If the commercial part bankrupts, the sports part should be transferred to a new entity, of course starting from the bottom of the league structure, plus some other restrictions like being denied professional status for an X amount of years (like a newly founded club), or until they repay their football related debt etc, but keeping the history line not interrupted. Something like when a person files for bankruptcy. He doesn't cease to exist, he has his debts cleared but with plenty of consequences.
CSKA was one of the two most popular clubs in Bulgaria as well as the most successful one. The club was very well supported and there was no football reason for it to disappear. There should have been a way to create an heir to the club.
What I completely disapprove of is the way the BFU handles the case, disregarding all regulations and laws, doing everything in the interest of a single person.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Montana going down as well. At least the contradiction isn't happening.
Todor

Post by Todor »

Levski barely survived the playoff. It couldn't have been tighter and more dramatic as Vereya equalized with the last kick in the regular time and then were 3:2 up after Levski's fourth penalty with two attempts left and managed to missed them both. 11 successful attempts followed before their goalkeeper missed the 22nd penalty to send Levski in Europe. A memorable penalty shoot-out for sure.
totosexpandingheadband

I was for Levski winning the game due to them finishing higher in the league,but I changed my mind after the racists started monkey chanting when the black Vereya player was going to take his penalty,have they got anything positive to offer Europe?
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

totosexpandingheadband wrote:I was for Levski winning the game due to them finishing higher in the league,but I changed my mind after the racists started monkey chanting when the black Vereya player was going to take his penalty,have they got anything positive to offer Europe?
We have to be careful here. It is not the fault of the Levski players that such transpired. My team is Levski, however, they still were the better team. Who knows what Levski could offer in Europe.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

With regards to the CSKA Sofia UEFA license, I don't have a problem with them not being able to obtain a license. As some have already said, they should not be allowed to transfer licenses. However, the Bulgarian Football Federation has to handle this situation better than this. They should have cancelled the Europa League final playoff, and give both Levski and Vereya a spot in Europe. Now they have this sticky situation as to who will replace CSKA Sofia in the Europa League.
totosexpandingheadband

dnina10 wrote:
totosexpandingheadband wrote:I was for Levski winning the game due to them finishing higher in the league,but I changed my mind after the racists started monkey chanting when the black Vereya player was going to take his penalty,have they got anything positive to offer Europe?
We have to be careful here. It is not the fault of the Levski players that such transpired. My team is Levski, however, they still were the better team. Who knows what Levski could offer in Europe.
Levski Club seems to have a problem acknowledging that they have a problem with racist fans.They can do something about it,unless they are ignoring the fact that it happens,,or failing to see it as a problem,so the fact is that it is tolerated by the club,or they would do something about it.
What do you think a UEFA observer is going to do if it happens in a EL game?,if Levski get into the League phase and are featured on Europe wide TV and it happens,is this how you would like to see Levski portrayed by the rest of Europe fans,and as a knock on effect,Bulgarian football fans as
well,because it's not only Levski who are guilty.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

totosexpandingheadband wrote:
dnina10 wrote:
Levski Club seems to have a problem acknowledging that they have a problem with racist fans.They can do something about it,unless they are ignoring the fact that it happens,,or failing to see it as a problem,so the fact is that it is tolerated by the club,or they would do something about it.
What do you think a UEFA observer is going to do if it happens in a EL game?,if Levski get into the League phase and are featured on Europe wide TV and it happens,is this how you would like to see Levski portrayed by the rest of Europe fans,and as a knock on effect,Bulgarian football fans as
well,because it's not only Levski who are guilty.
I see your point. In that case, there is a solution. Make Levski play their home games behind closed doors. I, as a coloured person, do not support racist comments or actions of any kind. However, I do not think a whole team should suffer because of some stupid fans.

In any case, I seems like there are a lot of problems going on in Bulgarian Football. For example, the fans trying to strip off the jerseys of the Levski players following their derby loss to CSKA. Looks like there is a lot for the BFU to adress.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Despite that I am a Levski fan, I would like to see my team punished for these racist monkey chanting. I know there are small percent of fans to blame, but I have a feeling many times that the club neglects these fans and not only has no strategy and politics to ban them from the stadium, but sometimes there is not even any reaction after such action.

This can not be corrected without serious penalties, as I tend to think that a one-year ban from Europe would change the situation.
I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.