Italian football season 2016-17

Domestic league and cup football
Tazmania

Italian football season 2016-17

Post by Tazmania »

Serie A will start on Sunday 21 August and end on Sunday 28 May. There will be three midweek rounds on Wednesdays 21 September and 26 October and on Thursday 22 December.

The Coppa Italia will start on Sunday 31 July and end with the final on Friday 2 June (or on Wednesday 17 May if either finalist is in the Champions League final on Saturday 3 June).

The draw for the Serie A fixtures and the Coppa Italia will be held around 21 July.

The Supercoppa will be held on a date to be decided between 10 September and 31 January.
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

The draw for the Coppa Italia will be held on Thursday 21 July and the draw for Serie A will be held on Friday 22 July, venues and times to be announced shortly.
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

The draw for the 2016/17 Coppa Italia which was made in Milan today is available here: http://www.legaseriea.it/uploads/defaul ... 6-2017.pdf

The draw for the 2016/17 Serie A will be held tomorrow at 1900 CEST in Milan and will broadcast live by SkyItalia.
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

You can see the result of yesterday's evening's draw for Serie A here: http://media2.gazzetta.it/gazzetta/pdf/ ... -16-17.pdf
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Juve's potential XI -

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Dani Alves - Pogba - Pjanic - Marchisio - Alex Sandro
Dybala - Higuain
?

Even if Pogba is expected to leave, no doubts that Juve will win the title this year as well and can really go far in CL.

Really intelligent transfers by Juve - they did some nice bargains (+ value on Morata for instance, and Pogba who came for free might be the most expensive player in football history, Dani Alves for free, ..) & transferred the stars of their main opponents (Higuain from Napoli and Pjanic from Roma)
Black Eagles 1903
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

I think Roma can challenge for the scudetto.
matt

Post by matt »

Today the Serie A 2016/2017 begins.

Prediction:

1- Juventus (but with a title race close, much closer than expected)
2- Roma
3- Inter (the surprise)
4- Napoli
5- Fiorentina
6- Torino ( surprise/2)
7- Milan
8- Lazio
9- Sassuolo
10- Genoa
11- Cagliari (surprise/3)
12- Atalanta
13- Sampdoria
14- Palermo
15- Chievo
16- Bologna
17- Empoli
18- Pescara
19- Udinese (the disappointment of the season)
20- Crotone
International break hater
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

I don't know how much of a surprise it'd be for Inter to finish 3rd, they're squad certainly looks one of the best after Juventus, especially if they do get João Mário.

I found a Serie A fantasy game, I'm starting with this squad:

Antonio Mirante (Bologna)

Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus)
Mattia De Sciglio (Milan)
Uros Cosic (Empoli)
Miranda (Inter)

Lucas Ocampos (Genoa)
Davide Biondini (Sassuolo)
Accursio Bentivegna (Palermo)

José Callejon (Napoli)
Stephan El Shaarawy (Roma)
Ciro Immobile (Lazio

Bench:
Alex Cordaz (Crotone)
Andreas Masiello (Atalanta)
Alessandro Gamberini (Chievo)
Simone Padoin (Cagliari)
Afriyie Acquah (Torino)
Ricardo Alvarez (Sampdoria)
Gianluca Caprari (Pescara)
matt

Post by matt »

Thunder_PT wrote:I don't know how much of a surprise it'd be for Inter to finish 3rd, they're squad certainly looks one of the best after Juventus, especially if they do get João Mário.

Hmm, yes, maybe not very surprising...

However Roma - Udinese 1 italian playing and 21 foreigners.

R.I.P. Serie A.
max tre

Post by max tre »

matt wrote:However Roma - Udinese 1 italian playing and 21 foreigners.

R.I.P. Serie A.
3.5 Italians in our (Inter) starting XI tonight, that sounds sort of a record.
GL&HF for the 2nd half, clivense friend. :mrgreen:
max tre

Post by max tre »

Thunder_PT wrote:I found a Serie A fantasy game
:applause:
Which one, if I may ask?
Something Gazzetta-based or something else? 'Cause some of them give you some/unlimited free transfers when the (real) summer transfer window is on, and you can benefit from this with a matchdays-1-and-2-focused roster.
And, sorry if I sound haughty here, why Cordaz? Buying your 1st GK's reserves should save you some money.
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

max tre wrote:
Thunder_PT wrote:I found a Serie A fantasy game
:applause:
Which one, if I may ask?
Something Gazzetta-based or something else? 'Cause some of them give you some/unlimited free transfers when the (real) summer transfer window is on, and you can benefit from this with a matchdays-1-and-2-focused roster.
http://www.fantasyseriea.com/

I just felt like playing some fantasy game, but since the PL and LaLiga had already started (and the BL and CL/EL only start later), I literally just googled for Serie A fantasy and found that site (they also have sites with the same game for the Spanish, German, French and Dutch leagues). WIsh I had found that Gazzetta one.
max tre wrote:And, sorry if I sound haughty here, why Cordaz? Buying your 1st GK's reserves should save you some money.
Well, I followed a strict one player per team rule. Probably makes more sense in traditional fantasy games, with squads of 15 players, than on this one where we can have 18 players, but I stuck with it anyway. Then for each team I asked myself if they were a team more likely to draw 3-3 or 0-0 (or win 3-2 or win 1-0), to decide if I'd get an offensive or defensive player from that team. So I picked forwards from Roma, Napoli, etc and defenders from Juventus, Milan, Inter, etc. Judging from last season, I assumed Crotone would be more on the defensive side, and I'd be more likely to expect a clean sheet from them than lots of goals, so defender or keeper. I think when I picked Cordaz I already had all my defenders, so Cordaz it was. ;)

Also I don't like having both keepers from the same team. It makes sense in terms of unavailability, but I like playing with fixtures. I went with Mirante and it ended up being my only good choice, lol. But next week Bologna are away at Torino and then doesn't look good at all, Crotone at home against Genoa give me better chances of another clean sheet. It could happen that they both had tough games, but having players from different teams gives me better chances of avoiding it.
max tre

Post by max tre »

Ouch, I wrongly assumed that you were talking about some Fantacalcio, when that is not the case: your game looks like an Italian version of the Fantasy Premier League. I played that way only for short-term competitions (i.e. WCs and Euros) so I'm not an expert there, but I guess the strategies are rather different: full 25-players (no club restriction at all) squads with a limited number of transfers (usually 10 + some extra ones available only in January) for the whole season, most of your score is determined by the combined "marks" (1 to 10) some newspaper give to your players and the stats-based bonus/malus points are considerably fewer (scoring or -GKs only- conceding goals, making assists, missing or saving penalties, receiving cards). Anyway, I'd probably go anyway with something like Buffon-Neto as my GKs, no matter what the format is :D.

That said, I hope the MD1 results will make the gentlemen forgive my off-topic :mrgreen:
Roma-Udinese 4-0 :wink:
Juventus-Fiorentina 2-1 :!:
Milan-Torino 3-2 :?
Atalanta-Lazio 3-4
Bologna-Crotone 1-0
Chievo-Inter 2-0 :(
Empoli-Sampdoria 0-1
Genoa-Cagliari 3-1
Palermo-Sassuolo 0-1
Pescara-Napoli 2-2 :o
matt

Post by matt »

max tre wrote:
matt wrote:However Roma - Udinese 1 italian playing and 21 foreigners.

R.I.P. Serie A.
3.5 Italians in our (Inter) starting XI tonight, that sounds sort of a record.
GL&HF for the 2nd half, clivense friend. :mrgreen:

A pretty good second half for Chievo :mrgreen:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Joe Hart is coming to Torino:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37216083

Unexpected.