Turkish Football Season 2016/17

Domestic league and cup football
bjkman1903

Turkish Football Season 2016/17

Post by bjkman1903 »

2016/17 Season Planning can be found here - http://www.tff.org/default.aspx?pageID=201&ftxtID=25191

Some relevant dates :

- Spor Toto Süper Lig will start on the 19th of August 2016 and will end on the 21st of May 2017.
- Super Cup final between Beşiktaş & Galatasaray will be played on the 13th of August 2016 in Konya.
- Ziraat Türkiye Kupasi (national cup) final will be played on the 28th of May 2017

European cups info :

Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round : Osmanlispor v Zimbru (Moldova)
Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round : Istanbul Başakşehir v ???
Europa League Group Stage : Konyaspor
Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round : Fenerbahçe v ??? (PAOK Thessaloniki / Steaua Bucuresti / AS Monaco / Young Boys/ FK Rostov)
Champions League Group Stage : Beşiktaş
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Main Transfers -

BESIKTAS

Gökhan Gönül (Fenerbahçe) -> Beşiktaş
Pedro Franco -> Millonarios
Gökhan Töre -> West Ham (loan)
Fabricio Agosto Ramirez (Deportivo La Coruna) -> Beşiktaş
İsmail Köybaşı -> Fenerbahçe
Adriano (Barça) -> Beşiktaş
Mario Gomez -> ?? (Dortmund?)
Sosa -> ?? (Milan?)

FENERBAHCE

Michal Kadlec -> Sparta Prag
Serdar Kesimal -> Akhisar Belediyespor
Caner Erkin -> İnter
Samuel Holmen -> Medipol Başakşehir
Bruno Alves -> Cagliari
Aatif Chahechouhe (Sivasspor) -> Fenerbahçe
Gökhan Gönül -> Beşiktaş
Gregory van der Wiel (PSG) -> Fenerbahçe
Luis Nani -> Valencia
Roman Neustadter (Schalke) -> Fenerbahçe
Martin Skrtel (Liverpool) -> Fenerbahçe
İsmail Köybaşı (Beşiktaş) -> Fenerbahçe
Diego Ribas -> Flamengo

GALATASARAY

Emre Çolak -> Deportivo La Coruna
Serdar Aziz (Bursaspor) -> Galatasaray
Jose Rodriguez -> Mainz
Furkan Özçal -> Bursaspor
Emrah Başsan (Antalyaspor) -> Galatasaray

--------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA FFP & Turkish coup attempt affected a lot transfers this summer.

Besiktas & Fener cannot pay more than what they get by selling players for transfers (agreement with UEFA), Galatasaray pretty much the same issue (financial crisis) and they were even banned from europe for a year.
Then many players decided to leave (Mario Gomez, for instance) or not come to Turkey after these events recently.

Notice that Fener almost completely changed the team after last year's failure.
Black Eagles 1903
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

bjkman1903 wrote:Main Transfers -

BESIKTAS

FENERBAHCE

How is it looked at, transfering to a big rival?
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

SteffenM wrote:
bjkman1903 wrote:Main Transfers -

BESIKTAS

FENERBAHCE

How is it looked at, transfering to a big rival?
Not welcomed.
Fenerbahçe - for instance - removed Gökhan Gönül's shirt from the game against Benfica (in which he was badly injured, there's blood on his shirt) from their museum (he played for Fener for 9 years..). Generally speaking fans do not like these kind of transfers.

Fener replaced Gökhan Gönül by Van Der Wiel from PSG, and Besiktas replaced Köybasi by Adriano from Barça.
I think that both teams replaced their losses well. :)
Black Eagles 1903
Malko

Post by Malko »

.....ooops, wrong thread and i can't delete the whole post.
----staradam---

Post by ----staradam--- »

Galatasaray crowned winner of 2016 Turkish Super Cup

Galatasaray beat Beşiktaş 3-0 in a penalty shoot-out on Aug. 13 after a 1-1 draw to add another Turkish Super Cup to its collection.

The match in the Central Anatolian province of Konya saw the two Istanbul giants battle for the curtain-raising trophy, which is contested by the previous season’s league and cup winners.
----staradam---

Turkish clubs’ association lifts ban on away games for supporters after failed coup attempt

A ban on supporters of Turkey’s largest football clubs attending away games has been lifted in a move to reflect the atmosphere of unity which emerged after the failed coup attempt of July 15, the head of the Clubs’ Association Foundation announced on Aug. 11.

“We have decided to lift away game bans to reflect the unity and brotherhood which emerged after July 15,” Göksel Gümüşdağ said, while speaking after a foundation meeting.

Accordingly, Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray, Beşiktaş, Trabzonspor and Bursaspor supporters will be able to watch the games together with the supporters of their opponents.

Recently, supporters of the five teams were not permitted to attend away games.
----staradam---

Fenerbahçe parts ways with coach Vitor Pereira after disappointing stint

Fenerbahçe, runners-up in the Turkish league last season, have parted company with coach Vitor Pereira a week after getting eliminated from the Champions League preliminaries by Monaco, NTV and other broadcasters said.

The former Porto and Olympiakos coach was leaving Fenerbahçe a year after taking charge. Fenerbahçe lost the domestic championship and cup to arch rivals Beşiktaş and Galatasaray respectively last season.
----staradam---

bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

MD 2

Fenerbahçe 3-3 Kayserispor

Difficult start by Fenerbahçe, as they barely escaped a second loss by scoring the equalizer at 93'. Simon Kjaer scored a beautiful goal by free-kick buta few minutes later got a red card in the first half. Kayseri even scored a goal before half-time, which made Fener's life complicated.
Probably a game to forget fo Fener.

Konya 2-2 Besiktas

Entertaining game between them, draw is probably a fair result although Konya could have won it towards the end of the game.

Akhisar 1-3 Galatasaray

Perfect start of the season from Galatasaray, although they are not playing great they managed to win the Super Cup and theirfirst two games in the league.
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Transfer report (main) :

BESIKTAS

Adriano (Barça)
Talisca (Benfica, 1+1 loan) - There's an option to buy : 25m €. This is probably not going to happen.
Aboubakar (Porto, loan - 10m € option to buy) - it seems that we couldn't transfer him this year because of FFP, and unless he performs very bad we'll keep him
Gökhan Gönül (Fener)
Caner Erkin (Inter, ex-Fener, loan) - Mancini asked for his transfer, but Frank de Boer didn't want to keep him. He joinded us without playing for Inter, option to buy - 2m€ and we will probably keep him.
Atinç Nucan (RB Leipzig, on loan) - we sold him for 5m € last year, he came back already on loan.
Gökhan Inler (Leicester)
Fabricio (Deportivo)

Left

Mario Gomez (Wolfsburg) - ?? according to Fiorentina, Wolfsburg paid 1.1m€
Sosa (Milan) - 8m€
Gökhan Töre (West Ham, on loan) - 3m€
Ismail Köybasi (Fener)
Denys Boyko (Malaga, on loan) - option to buy at 6m€

FENERBAHCE

Aatif Chahechouche (Sivas)
Van der Wiel (PSG)
Neustaedter (Schalke)
Ismail Köybasi (Besiktas)
Skrtel (Liverpool)
Lens (Sunderlerland, loan)
Sow (El Ehli, loan)

Left

Nani (Valencia, for around 8m€)
Bruno Alves (Cagliari)
Gökhan Gönül and Caner Erkin (Besiktas)
Kadlec (Sparta Prag)
Markovic (Sporting)
Ba (Alanya)
Diego Ribas (Flamengo)
Meireles

GALATASARAY

Serdar Aziz (Bursa, for 4m €)
Eren Derdiyok (Kasimpasa)
Cavanda (Trabzon)
Sighthorsson (Nantes, on loan)
De Jong (L.A.)
Josue (Porto, loan)

Left

Telles (Porto)
Donk (Betis, loan)
Umut Bulut (Kayseri)

Overall, Turkish teams didn't spend a lot of money because of FFP (lowest numbers in 9 years).
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Besiktas 3-1 K. Karabükspor

Besiktas started well and dominated the first 30 minutes of the game, scored two goals. But Karabükspor didn't give up and came back to the game - 2-1 right after the break. The match was pretty much equal from that time on and either team could score. Besiktas got a penalty (+ red card to the opponent) towards the last minutes, scored and killed the game. Karabükspor is really a solid team and I expect a good year for them.

Kayserispor 1-1 Galatasaray

In my opinion boring game and fair score, Galatasaray do not look impressive to me. It's still too early to see what they are really worth, though. It already looks like that the outcome of the derby Besiktas - Galatasaray in two weeks will be a turning point in the league.

Fenerbahçe 0-1 Bursa

The nightmare continues for Fener. 1 point in 3 games, no win yet (they played two games at home) and this is the worst start of the season in their history.
Advocaat and the new transfers (Sow, Lens, ..) didn't help much and I guess a difficult season awaits them.
Will this affect their Europa league campaign? I was confident after the draw but not anymore. Man U is above all the teams in the group. Feyenoord is on fire and Zorya is a solif Ukrainian team. We will see on Thursday.
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Stadiums in Turkey are more and more empty from season to season. Some stats :

Man U v Man City - 75.272 (100%)
Schalke v Bayern - 62.271 (100%)
Turkish league all games combined (week 3) - 73.752

That's an average of 8.195 per game..if we remove home games of Besiktas (27k) and Fener (22k) it's even more worrying for the other 7 games.
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

European games overview -

Benfica v Besiktas

The Portuguese team will miss key players due to injuries (including Jonas, Mitroglou and Raul Jimenez - these players did contribute to 100+ goals last season + Rafa Silva). As a Besiktas fan I really do believe that we could get something from this game - a draw or even a win is likely. And it's not because it's my team that I am optimistic, but rather because we could not have hoped for a better day to play this game.
It will be a good test to see what we are worth - if we somehow lose to a weakened Benfica side then I guess we will end up last in this group, whereas if we win we may aim for top 2.
Prediction - X2

Konyaspor v Shaktar

Konya is a solid Turkish side, and they can beat any of of the top teams in Turkey, especially at home. But they are inexperienced at this level and most of their players will play in europe for the first time ever. If we take the games Shaktar played v Basaksehir as a means to judge both teams strenght, well I must say that Shaktar is a level above and would be happy with whatever Konya can get. Although I suspect that Shaktar will win both games.
Prediction - 2

Zorya v Fener

Fener had its worst start of the season ever in the league, and Advocaat is expected to do some radical changes to the team. How will this affect the team ? Zorya do not look like they would easily lose at home, is 3rd in the league just two points behind D.Kiev.
I cannot see Zorya winning, nor Fener winning, so I guess there's one option left.
Prediction - X

Osmanlispor v Steaua

Osmanlispor' luck of the draw continues. They faced Zimbru, Nomme Kalju and Midtjylland to reach the group stage - despite being unseeded all the way (except Q2). Just to compare the draws to the other Turkish side under the same circumstances, Basaksehir played Rijeka and Shaktar..
And despite being a pot 4 team, they did get a much better draw than Fener, which was a pot 2 team (Man U, Feyenoord and Zorya)
But luck is just a bonus, as they have good players and play good football - it wouldn't be fair to explain their success with draws.
Still unbeaten in the league, they just won away at Trabzon.
Steaua is the best romanian team and it will still be a hard match, although I think Osmanli have a slight advantage as they play at home.
Prediction - 1
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

bjkman1903 wrote:European games overview -

Benfica v Besiktas
Prediction - X2

Konyaspor v Shaktar
Prediction - 2

Zorya v Fener
Prediction - X

Osmanlispor v Steaua