Unbeaten teams in European Championships.

Domestic league and cup football
Stout Leggings

Post by Stout Leggings »

SteffenM wrote:
Stout Leggings wrote:
nogomet wrote: They are few minutes away from the end of their streak.
....and it ended. What a shame - so close. Just three games more and they'd got an unbeaten season.
And even with a ref. which seemed biased.

But awesome game nevertheless :D
I knew you'd be happy about it :D
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Celtic have gone the entire league season undefeated, and can go the entire domestic season undefeated if they win the cup final (or I suppose if they lose on penalties.) This has not been done in the league in Scotland since 1898/99, when the season was 18 games. In addition, they broke the goals scored record with 106, which is also the number of points they racked up with 34 wins and 4 draws, which is also a new record. They also scored in every single match. Their goal difference is +81.

Not a team you want to draw in CLQ I think.
bbb

Post by bbb »

I hope new Croatian champion draws them in CLQ round 3.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

bbb wrote:I hope new Croatian champion draws them in CLQ round 3.
Rijeka have terrible experiences with Scottish clubs. Somebody else please.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

nogomet wrote:
bbb wrote:I hope new Croatian champion draws them in CLQ round 3.
Rijeka have terrible experiences with Scottish clubs. Somebody else please.
I think that's the point going by that crest in his avatar. He wants Rijeka out.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Lorric wrote:I think that's the point going by that crest in his avatar. He wants Rijeka out.
Actually he supported Rijeka in the league this season, judging by the Croatian league topic. The crest is probably a sign of nostalgia for the times when Dinamo was a rootable club.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

nogomet wrote:
Lorric wrote:I think that's the point going by that crest in his avatar. He wants Rijeka out.
Actually he supported Rijeka in the league this season, judging by the Croatian league topic. The crest is probably a sign of nostalgia for the times when Dinamo was a rootable club.
I see. I don't know why he wants them then. You could potentially make arguments for Celtic being a good draw at Q4 but not Q3.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Lorric wrote:I see. I don't know why he wants them then. You could potentially make arguments for Celtic being a good draw at Q4 but not Q3.
Maybe the only Celtic match he has seen this season is the one against Lincoln Red Imps. :lol:
bbb

Post by bbb »

I am Rangers "fan" actually and I think that team like Rijeka can beat them. They are, as far as I am concerned, better draw than RBS, Ludogorec, FCK, APOEL. Their league is ridiculous, +81 GD, 106 pts, come on. :D

Crest is there as I think that communism was heaven :lol: when compared to "democracy" we see in Croatia now. :D At least for my club.
martinjt

Post by martinjt »

nogomet wrote:
Lorric wrote:I see. I don't know why he wants them then. You could potentially make arguments for Celtic being a good draw at Q4 but not Q3.
Maybe the only Celtic match he has seen this season is the one against Lincoln Red Imps. :lol:
Astonishingly, Lincoln finished second to Europa FC in their league. I guess the Gibraltar league is tougher than the Scottish one. :D
stakhanovite

Post by stakhanovite »

bbb wrote:I am Rangers "fan" actually and I think that team like Rijeka can beat them. They are, as far as I am concerned, better draw than RBS, Ludogorec, FCK, APOEL. Their league is ridiculous, +81 GD, 106 pts, come on. :D

Crest is there as I think that communism was heaven :lol: when compared to "democracy" we see in Croatia now. :D At least for my club.
The same Rijeka that not so long ago got humped by Aberdeen? :lol: :lol:
bbb

Post by bbb »

stakhanovite wrote:The same Rijeka that not so long ago got humped by Aberdeen? :lol: :lol:
Yep. :lol:

It's pretty much different team now and much stronger one. IIRC, Rijeka should've won by 5-6 goals in return leg and overcome 0-3 deficit, they almost did it. That 0-3 match was their only choke and fail since their renaissance started.

Winning Croatian league these days is, as user @nogomet can confirm, a fuc*ing MONUMENTAL :lol: challenge, and they almost did it undefeated.

I am pretty convinced in Rijeka's ability to defeat Celtic. Of course, if top players stay at Rujevica along with coach.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Lorric wrote:Celtic have gone the entire league season undefeated, and can go the entire domestic season undefeated if they win the cup final (or I suppose if they lose on penalties.) This has not been done in the league in Scotland since 1898/99, when the season was 18 games. In addition, they broke the goals scored record with 106, which is also the number of points they racked up with 34 wins and 4 draws, which is also a new record. They also scored in every single match. Their goal difference is +81.

Not a team you want to draw in CLQ I think.
All hail Celtic. They won the Scottish premiership unbeaten. To those who follow this league (like myself), please do not be offended by this statement. If you put eleven ants on the field in replace of Celtic, they could do the exact same thing. Unfortunately, Scottish football at in dark times. Not to diminish Celtic's accomplishment, the other eleven teams just are not good enough. The league is in disarray, and it needs to be fixed quickly.
On another note, it's interesting that everyone I commending Brendan Rodgers and his men, yet little do some realize, they lost the first competitive match this season... To Lincoln Red Imps! That is embarrassing. Not even to mention the seven goal drumming from Barca. They didn't even win a single game in the Champions League group stage. I think it's fair to say, Celtic certainly are not as good as all may perceive them to be.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

martinjt wrote:
nogomet wrote:
Astonishingly, Lincoln finished second to Europa FC in their league. I guess the Gibraltar league is tougher than the Scottish one. :D
True that :D :)
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

dnina10 wrote: I think it's fair to say, Celtic certainly are not as good as all may perceive them to be.
I guess it depends on what one perceive? ;)
I perceive them to be the best team in the 23th best UEFA league ;)

And maybe 80-100 on UEFA ranking as a 'natural' fit.

However, are you Scottish or how come you follow the league?

Do you know what happend to Sviatchenko i Celtic?
I heard he started awesome and he took everyone by surprise. Him and Dembele being to good for the Scottish League,
but now Sviatchenko warms the bench? :? :roll: