Romanian Domestic Football 2017/2018

Domestic league and cup football
bossake

Post by bossake »

4th league what zone are you interested? There are 42 zones (every county of romania has his own division 4). If you are interested Bucharest zone (CSA Steaua, Academia Rapid etc) the website of the organization which organise this division is:
http://amfb.ro/
here is the full schedule: http://amfb.ro/wp-content/uploads/Progr ... 4-2017.pdf , but the exact hour and date for the kick off is not fixed , I dont know, maybe with only 1 week before they announce the exact schedule for the every game. For example today starts the league and some games are scheduled for today and others for tomorow.
http://amfb.ro/competitii/liga-4/ here is the exact dates for the games in the first round. also stadium, date and hour. But for the second round, next week, is not yet known.

As CSA Steaua the attenting to the home games is still unclear. They firstly sold 900 season tickets and said that no game-ticket will be sold. Only that 900 people who got the season ticket can enter to see the home games. Of course the fans were furious and for the today game they announced another 1000 tickets will be available (strangely, for free). The problem is the stadium where CSA Steaua plays the home games dosnt reach the security conditions to host more than 1000 people.

At Academia Rapid things looks more organizated in this perspective. Of course, they play their home games in the old Giulesti and they can host about ~9000 people. The tickets can be found even online at this website: http://www.eventim.ro/ro/bilete/academi ... event.html
You can buy tickets for the today game (played at 20.00) or for entire season.

The direct games between CSA Steaua and Academia Rapid there is a big chance to be played in National Arena.

I see that also for Otelul Galati matches there are tickets available online at modic prices on https://www.bilete.ro/sc-otelul-galati- ... -secuiesc/

For the 3rd league here is the schedule of each round:
http://www.frf.ro/uploads/file/Program% ... 7-2018.pdf
and here the order of the matches in every round:
http://www.frf.ro/uploads/file/LIGA%203 ... 20I(1).pdf - Seria1
http://www.frf.ro/uploads/file/LIGA%203_SERIA%20II.pdf - Seria 2
http://www.frf.ro/uploads/file/LIGA%203_SERIA%20III.pdf - Seria 3
http://www.frf.ro/uploads/file/LIGA%203_SERIA%20IV.pdf - Seria 4
http://www.frf.ro/uploads/file/LIGA%203_SERIA%20V.pdf - Seria 5

Only the winner of each Serie attains promotion to the Second League.

A website where you can get a lot of infos about League2, League3 and I think also League4 is http://www.liga2.ro . there you can find tables, news about the teams and also the kick off of the every game.
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

That is the information I wanted,but the first 3 links to AMFB are showing 404 Not Found,were they just for Bucharest area?
The last link is a very good one,I can get most of the info from that.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

totosexpandingheadband wrote:That is the information I wanted,but the first 3 links to AMFB are showing 404 Not Found,were they just for Bucharest area?
I tried clicking and it also didn't work for me, but then I googled amfb ro and it works ok

for Liga 3 another good source is http://us.soccerway.com/national/romani ... -2/r43302/
totosexpandingheadband

subway14 wrote:
totosexpandingheadband wrote:That is the information I wanted,but the first 3 links to AMFB are showing 404 Not Found,were they just for Bucharest area?
I tried clicking and it also didn't work for me, but then I googled amfb ro and it works ok

for Liga 3 another good source is http://us.soccerway.com/national/romani ... -2/r43302/

OK Thanks
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

after 5 heavy defeats (0:8 in average!!) Foresta Suceava achieved it's first point yesterday against Metaloglobus!
bossake

Post by bossake »

@totosexpandingheadband , try this links:
http://www.amfb.ro/wp-content/uploads/P ... 4-2017.pdf
http://www.amfb.ro/competitii/liga-4/

yes, AMFB is organising the 4th league in Bucharest zone. For other county league 4 you must search on google "county name" and AJF . let's say Giurgiu ajf
http://www.frf-ajf.ro/giurgiu
I am quite surprised that for Giurgiu the website for league4 seems daily updated, but for sure this is not a rule for the other parts of Romania. The 4th Division is 90% amateur. Anyway on http://www.liga2.ro/ seems they really put a lot of news about 2nd, 3rd and 4th leagues.

Foresta Suceava was taked by some investors ( not necesarry investors, but new owners) and seems they bringed also some players who replaced the 15-16 year old youngsters who played in the first rounds, this might be a reason for their first point.

Actually in this moment in the romanian first 3 divisions, despite the competitions started several clubs are in the middle of changing the owners or even changing the colours and the home stadium. Even Juventus Bucuresti from the first league is in talks for changing the owner.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

last season there was an even much more interesting club in Liga 2 called CS Soimii Pancota. After 4 rounds they achieved the remarkable score of 0:50 (0:18 against Juventus Bucaresti). After that they disappeared just before the footballworld got notice of it. It seems to be a trademark of Liga 2 in Romania to have that special kind of attraction in their league.
jmf

Post by jmf »

We have 4 Romanian players in the Jupiler Pro League and for now, except Chipciu - the less talented of them - they are flops !
Stanciu was transfered for 9,6M€ and is on the bench. Rotariu is now on loan from Brugge to little Mouscron and Marin seems lost in Standard Liège.

Do you have a explanation ? These guys are very good players on paper.
bossake

Post by bossake »

Stanciu such big amount of transfer was really strange, specially that this big amount camed from Anderlecht - I think a team that is not common to throw a lot of money on players - like some teams from England make for example.
Even at his 3 year period at Steaua, Stanciu wasnt a very impressive player. At some periods he was even a poor player.
He made a very good form at Steaua in the start of the last season, that period was by far his best at our team, but only ~ 1 month and after that the transfer at Anderlecht realised. My opinion is about 5-6 mil Euro would be a correct price. But I think the games vs Sparta Praga (CL qr3 last year) where he was brilliant were decisive for this big amount trasfer.

I think the big transfer amount put a un-necesarry pressure on Stanciu. Also, looking at his last year performances(goals and assists) I can say they are good for his first season outside our country, but the problems came from the big transfer amount which cames with big expectations of the people from Belgium. People expect very much from him, but he wasnt very good even at Steaua , how can he be such brilliant as people expect at Anderlecht (a team and a championship a lot more powerfull than Steaua and Romanian league).

Chipciu was actually in bad a period when he was sold by Steaua. I am very happy for him he made at least a decent impression in Belgium, I like very much his character but in the same time, as a player I wasnt a very big fan of him. Ok, he everytime plays with heart and is very motivated but his lack of quality is sometimes (maybe even often) very clear. In his period at Steaua, specially after his 2013 big injury, there were moments when he one was one of that players who simply drives you crazy because of his very poor playing.

Dorin Rotariu was a player which also didnt impress very much in our league. But, considering his age, was clearly a player that has the potential to go up. I see now Bruges loaned him at Mouscron where he will be coached by Rednic. Rednic and Rotariu worked also 1 year in 2015-2016 at Dinamo and Rotariu form went up in that period. Rotariu has the big advantage that despite his young age he was forced by Dinamo to play as start up from when he was very young, ~ 18 years old. They forced him in order to develop him and sell him :)) I like his qualities, as I remember, last season when he entered for Brugge was at least decent. Is a mistery why in this season the new Brugge coach I think didnt field him even on the bench at any game.
About the expectations from him , just think Rotariu didnt played with his former club, Dinamo, not even 1 european cup game. Also, at the Romanian squad he didnt played. So, 0 european experience for Rotariu.

Razvan Marin is the son of a very well known romanian player - Petre Marin (which played several seasons at Steaua between 2003 and 2010). Unlike most of the romanian players (including also Stanciu and Rotariu) he is very good phisically for his age.Young romanians generally are very un-powerfull phisically. From all the players I discussed in this post I think he has the biggest chance in my opinion to improve radically the current opinion about him.
Also, a player without any european experience (despite he started to play 2-3 start up games at our national squad before the transfer) needs time to settle. Also Standard is not Anderlecht or Brugge in this moment, so I think things must be easier for him to confirm.

And now, some general things: in Romania the level of the football is lower in every year. The impact of going to a foreign team, specially for players without european cups experience is very big.

Is not only about the romanians who joined Jupiler Pro League, generally all the romanians who in the last years left our division to foreign clubs dont impress at all. For example in this moment I am looking at the national squad that plays today vs Montenegro. I hardly find any player in the 23 player list who plays in another country which is considered a solid first team player at his club. Maybe Tatarusanu the goalkeeper(joined Nantes this summer) and Florin Andone (Deportivo La Coruna).

Also might be a problem of mentality, for sure some of them (not the "belgians", in general I say about romanian players) think like: Once I joined Anderlecht and I will earn some milions from salary I am already realised in football and I can stay relaxed. They dont have the motivation to go further than Anderlecht.
jmf

Post by jmf »

Thanks for your analysis. It's very interesting. :applause:
benfica69

Post by benfica69 »

MatchDay 12
CS U Craiova 1-1 Voluntari
Concordia Chiajna 2-1 Sepsi OSK
Juventus Bucuresti 1-1 Gaz Metan
CSMS Iasi 1-1 ACS Poli Timisoara
Steaua Bucuresti 1-0 Dinamo Bucuresti
FC Botosani 1-0 Viitorul Constanta
Astra Giurgiu 2-3 CFR Cluj

Standings
1 - CFR Cluj 29 Pts.
2 - Steaua Bucuresti 25 Pts.
3 - CS U Craiova 23 Pts.
4 - FC Botosani 23 Pts.
5 - Astra Giurgiu 22 Pts.
6 - ACS Poli Timisoara 18 Pts.
7 - Dinamo Bucuresti 16 Pts.
8 - CSMS Iasi 15 Pts.
9 - Voluntari 15 Pts.
10 - Viitorul Constanta 14 Pts.
11 - Sepsi OSK 10 Pts.
12 - Concordia Chiajna 8 Pts.
13 - Gaz Metan 6 Pts.
14 - Juventus Bucuresti 4 Pts.
bossake

Post by bossake »

And here we are after 13 rounds (the half of the regular season)

1. Cfr Cluj 32
2. FCSB 28
3. CS U Craiova 26
4. Astra Giurgiu 23
5. Fc Botosani 23
6. ACS Poli Timisoara 18
-----------------------------------
7. Dinamo Bucuresti 17
8. Viitorul Constanta 17
9. Fc Voluntari 15
10. Politehnica Iasi 15
11. Concordia Chiajna 14
12. Sepsi OSK 10
13. Gaz Metan Medias 9
14. Juventus Bucuresti 4

Some personal impresions:
- Cfr Cluj is a very strong team. Their coach seems with multiple classes over any coach from our league. I think they will very rarely lose points against smallest teams. Last year after 13 rounds FCSB was on the first place with 26 points, 3 more than 2nd placed. This year with 28 points we are 4 points behind Cfr. 2 years ago after 13 rounds Astra was in the first place with 27 points.
- the first 4 teams are almost sure of reaching the playoff (maybe only Astra to have a little emotion). Also Botosani has a very good chance, clearly favourite for being the 5th team.
- CS U Craiova must be mentioned. They continue to play same like last year: very offensive and nice, but unlike last year they seem more better in the defence.Unfortunately for them they are keep missing a lot of good chances. I think they are by far the team who creates biggest number of chances per game from our league. Devis Mangia makes a good job there.
- For the last playoff place the battle seems very close in this moment. 6 teams fighting for the 6th place within a difference of only 4 points. Theoretically Viitorul and Dinamo are favourites but is hard to predict.
- Despite having only 4 points and 0 wins, Juventus is not the poorest team in my opinion. I think Sepsi has the weakest team. Also Gaz Metan was a joke in the start of the season but in the last rounds they improved very much.

- After the national games in september Christoph Daum was sacked and Dinamo coach Cosmin Contra was named coach of the Romanian NT. Dinamo appointed Vasile Miriuta - at that time at Chiajna. Chiajna with Miriuta (who was appointed in the second round at Chiajna) had only a win and 2-3 draws in about 10 games there. Also his debut at Dinamo was very poor, 2 loses (vs FCSB, vs Chiajna) and a draw vs Astra. Chiajna named as a coach an old man coach, 63 years who last time managed a team in 2014. His start at Chiajna is faboulous. 3 wins in their first 3 games, including a win against Dinamo :)).
bossake

Post by bossake »

AFC Botoșani - CFR Cluj
Sepsi OSK - CS U Craiova
ASU Poli Timișoara (2nd league) - ACS Poli Timișoara
Fotbal Club Argeș (2nd league)- CSM Politehnica Iași
Concordia Chiajna - AFC Astra
Sănătatea Cluj (3rd league) - FCSB
CSM Școlar Reșita (3rd league) - FC Viitorul
Aerostar Bacău (3rd league) - SC Dinamo 1948
Dacia Unirea Brăila (2nd league)- Juventus București
ACS Petrolul 52 (3rd league) - CS Mioveni (2nd league)
AFC Hermannstadt (2nd league) - FC Voluntari
Metaloglobus București (2nd league) - Gaz Metan Mediaș
AFC Unirea 04 Slobozia (2nd league) - ASA 2013 Târgu Mureș (2nd league)
CS Afumați (2nd league) - AFC UTA Arad (2nd league)
Academia Clinceni (2nd league) - Chindia Târgoviște (2nd league)
AS FC Universitatea Cluj (3rd league) - Știința Miroslava (2nd league)

The games will be played in one leg with extratime and penalty on 24/25/26 octomber.

Is very interesting the draw between ASU Politehnica Timisoara (2nd league) and ACS Poli Timisoara (team from the first league). The team from the second league is the team founded and owned by the fans. For sure the atmosphere will be very nice at this game.. Everyone will support and sing for POLI so both teams will feel like they play home and the fans support them :)).

The derby of the round is the game between Botosani and Cfr Cluj.
bossake

Post by bossake »

In the second league after 11 rounds we have:
1. AFC Herrmanstadt (Sibiu) 28
2. Dunarea Calarasi 25
--------------------------------------
3. Chindia Targoviste 21
--------------------------------------
4. Academica Clinceni 21
5. CS Mioveni 21

I will be happy if Sibiu will make it. Its a very big and nice city and everytime Liga1 football played there a lot of people attented to the games. Even in league2 they bring 5000-7000 fans at home games.
Unfortunately for the second team it seems no high-tradition team can fight, the first is only on 8th place Fc Arges Pitesti with 16 points (its an 2013 new founded team who this year buyed the brand Fc Arges from the bankrupted society).

In the 3rd leagues SC Otelul Galati is on the first place, Farul Constanta on the 4th, ACS Petrolul Ploiesti with 6 wins from 6 games but on 3rd place (1 game less than rivals), and Universitatea Cluj with 4 points less than the first placed team but with 1 game less.
In general I can predict all of those high tradition 3rd league teams will achieve promotion (maybe Farul will miss because they have financial problems in this moment) so next year League 2 will be very strong considering the names.

In the 4th league Bucharest zone things are not very interesting:
1. Academia Rapid 7 games, 6 wins and 1 draw - 19 points (26-1)
2. CSA Steaua 6 games, 6 wins -18 points (45-1)
3. Carmen Bucuresti 5 games 6 wins, 1 lose -15 points (26-7)

CSA Steaua buyed in the summer about 15 players from a team that last year finished 2nd in the 4th league. So, they have the advantage of the omogenity and also they maded training camps in the summer. From what people who knows the 4th league CSA Steaua is by far the better team in the league. The goal difference says also that, they wins without many problems their games.
Academia Rapid are benefiting from 2 very vabluable players for this level. Daniel Pancu and Daniel Niculae (Niculae was an important player for Astra last year). But Pancu has 39 and Niculae 35 years. Rest of the players from Rapid are not so valuable.

Its interesting the system. After the finishing of the championship the first 4 teams will make a playoff. The team who will finish 1st will start with 3 points in the playoff, the team who will finish 2nd with 2 points, 3rd placed with 1 point and the 4th placed with 0.
So, everything will be decided in the playoffs. Even CSA Steaua wins the league with 10 points difference in the playoff will have only 1 point advantage. I dont think its too fair this system.

At the end of this week we will have the derby between Academia Rapid and CSA Steaua. The game will be played on Giulesti in the front of a lot of people. Steaua fans received 1000 tickets for this game.

At the start of the league the enthusyasm was bigger on both Academia Rapid and CSA Steaua. Steaua at their first games bringed about 1500 fans but in the last period the number of fans reduced to few hundreds. Same Rapid, in the last games the number of fans went down comparing with the first game of the season.
But I think this game will bring ~6000-7000 Rapid fans and I also think Steaua will sell all their 1000 tickets they received.
totosexpandingheadband

Thanks for the updates and the cup draws.
I was in Rumania a couple of times again,saw the Dinamo-Concordia game.The early kick off time resulted in a small crowd,but there seemed an atmosphere of unhappy fans in the game,and obviously the Ultras seemed to be very angry at the end,seemed to me like Dinamo are a team going to struggle and their fans know it.
Was in Ploiesti for the WC game and was interested to see 3 seperate groups of Ultras,one behind each goal who were from Ploiesti,and another in by the corner on the side of the pitch with flags from the smaller clubs like Tirgu Mures,Vaslui,Pitesti and some wearing T shirts with 'Sama Razii' written on them,and they showed a banner in the second half which was set on fire a few minutes later and some stewards came in to stamp on it,which seemed to cause some little unrest,don't know if they were from Ploiesti,but it seemed no Ultras from Bucharest unless these guys were.