Domestic league and cup football
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Thunder_PT wrote:
AlanK wrote:
Thunder_PT wrote:
Was it "no"... or "sí"? :mrgreen:
Cute :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Maybe I shoulda said a negative two-letter answer :?: I thought maybe the context was sufficient . . . :wink:
Of course, just a little joke. ;)
AlanK wrote:And for you, Thunder_PT, I do believe "sí" is a three-letter word--as is "no" :!: :confused:
If you mean in Portuguese, yes.
What else, meu amigo :?: :mrgreen:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

Mark Clattenburg to Saudi Arabia!

:lol:
seso

Post by seso »

Nigerian Brown Ideye (28) from Olympiakos to Chinese club Tianjin Teda. He has previously played for Neuchâtel Xamax, Sochaux, Dynamo Kyiv, and West Bromwich Albion. He is set to triple his salary in his new club!
Malko

Post by Malko »

Ryan Johansson (metz) is the first luxembourgish player signing to bayern Munich. he doesn't get my sympathy for that and i think Vincent Thill (8same age, 16) did the better choice staying in Metz and refusing the offer of Bayern. Well, we will see if in some years it's Johansson or Thill who will in Europe sound like Miralem Pjanic, Emmanuel Adebayor, Louis Saha who followed the Metz-road in their young years........
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Bastian Schweinsteiger from Manchester United to Chicago Fire.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

A consistently cheery demeanour that will have driven Mourinho to madness

by Barry Glendenning Today

FAREWELL YOU LIKEABLE BASTI
After the best part of a season mostly spent training on his own or with the youngsters at Manchester United, Bastian Schweinsteiger bade farewell to the club’s fans this morning as he announced he’s off to join Chicago Fire. The MLS franchise have announced they hope to benefit from his experience after finishing bottom of the soccerball standings in each of the past two seasons.

The German World Cup winner had previously drawn plaudits for his consistently cheery demeanour in the face of being outcast, ostracised and humiliated by José Mourinho, a consistently cheery demeanour that will almost certainly have driven the Manchester United manager to the brink of madness as he waited for a Teutonic tantrum that never came from a 32-year-old who was paid £200,000 per week this season to play so little football that his appearances in the sport sections of several newspapers invariably centred on his controversial habit of leaving his house to go shopping or eat food with his wife.

“I really wish I could have done more for you, but it was time to make a change,” said a beaming Schweinsteiger, who was signed by Louis van Gaal and subsequently played a significant role in the Dutchman’s sacking by playing well enough to help him win last season’s FA Cup. “I would also like to say thanks to the wonderful fans, the atmosphere, the great staff at the club and also my fellow players.” Schweinsteiger has signed a one-year deal worth $4.5m with the Fire, with the mutual option of another one if all goes well. “Throughout my career, I’ve always sought opportunities where I hoped to make a positive impact and to help make something great,” Schweinsteiger said in a statement via the club. “My move to Chicago Fire is no different.” It will certainly be no different to recent months, most of which were spent training with children boasting just a small fraction of his talent and an even smaller fraction of his wages.

“We know it’s going to take some time and adjustment for him coming to the new league, new coaching staff and everything,” said the Fire coach Veljko Paunovic of his club’s marquee signing. “We also know we can rely on his capacity to adapt and do that fast. He can produce actions that few players in the world can do. He sees things that nobody sees. He opens the eyes of the fans, where you can hear the people say: ‘Wow!’.”

In winning 121 caps and scoring 24 goals for Germany before retiring from international football last summer, Schweinsteiger was one of the biggest characters in a group of German players who somehow contrived to achieve major tournament success while simultaneously making their previously unpopular national football team likeable outside their own country. It was quite an achievement when you consider the total failure of their English counterparts, the fabled “golden generation”, to pull off even one of these feats. So farewell then, Basti – you came, you saw, you won the FA Cup. And while Mourinho might not have warmed to you, most of the rest of us did.
seso

Post by seso »

Manchester Utd tries to sign French Antoine Griezmann. He is just 26 and he already has about 200 apps for Real Sociedad and 150 for Atletico Madrid! Also 41 for France! His father is of Alsatian descent and his mother of Portuguese descent. His sister is a survivor of the siege of the Bataclan theatre in the November 2015 Paris attacks. Top player!!
seso

Post by seso »

29-year-old Brazilian/Spanish Diego Costa reportedly to Chinese club Tianjin Quanjian. He will be getting 30 million Euros per year and Chelsea will get 90 million Euros! He has played for Braga (twice), Penafiel, Atlético Madrid (twice), Celta, Albacete, Valladolid, Rayo Vallecano and Chelsea.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

seso wrote:Manchester Utd tries to sign French Antoine Griezmann. He is just 26 and he already has about 200 apps for Real Sociedad and 150 for Atletico Madrid! Also 41 for France! His father is of Alsatian descent and his mother of Portuguese descent. His sister is a survivor of the siege of the Bataclan theatre in the November 2015 Paris attacks. Top player!!
This was discussed on FrenchTV recently.
As per the consultants:
1 - yes, Atlético apparently gets a very good offer from Man United (something they would not refuse)
2 - Griezmann not interested if Man United doesn't play the Champions League
3 - his wife doesn't want to leave Madrid
so, although not the easiest move by far, Griezmann would prefer a transfer to .. Real Madrid if possible.

By the way, French media report that Lacazette could be the replacement of Griezmann should he leave to somewhere else.
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Malko

Post by Malko »

"Lacazette" ...and again a good player leaving Ligue 1....and probably scoring soon the goal that will eliminate a french team from an European Cup. Well, Lacazette has done his time, he is not the youngest anymore, (like others who leave at 18-19), but he still could stay 5 more years in Ligue 1.
The french clubs miust absolutely stop the exode !
This said, England is beginning not to interest very much anymore......good!
Malko

Post by Malko »

signed tranfer :
Dan Da Mota and Kevin Nakache from F91 Dudelange to Racing Union Luxembourg
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Vinicius Junior from Flamengo to Real Madrid for 45m€ (not confirmed yet)
He is still 16 years old, that's insane.

I appreciate that Madrid do not want to make the same mistake as they did with Neymar, but still.. He would join the team in 2018.
Black Eagles 1903
scapulaire24

Post by scapulaire24 »

bjkman1903 wrote:Vinicius Junior from Flamengo to Real Madrid for 45m€ (not confirmed yet)
He is still 16 years old, that's insane.

I appreciate that Madrid do not want to make the same mistake as they did with Neymar, but still.. He would join the team in 2018.
Transfer of player under 18 years old are not allowed, no ?
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

scapulaire24 wrote: Transfer of player under 18 years old are not allowed, no ?
Maybe that's legal if he joins Madrid when he is 18. I am not sure. The minimum legal age might be 16.
I think they paid some transfer fee as well when they transferred Danish talent Odegaard.
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

There are rumours now that Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht) will join Monaco for 25m€.
It should be announced officially after the end of season - he will become the most expensive transfer from Belgium.
Black Eagles 1903