Coach Transfers

Domestic league and cup football
bossake

Post by bossake »

yea, Dinamo Bucuresti and Sahktar played in 2003, was before Lucescu joining the team, and at that time Dinamo even knocked out Sahktar.

I think too that he will make good things in Zenit, but there the situation will be somehow different than in Donetsk. In Sahktar he liked very much to bring somehow unknown players from South America and to delevop them there, now at Zenit he will have a dressing room with a lot of "stars". Hulk, Witsel, Danny etc. Press is reporting he will have a ~ 60 mil budget only for transfers. I am curious if he will bring "stars" or players with potential to develop them. In his all career he prefered young players to develop them as a players and also as a people. Pirlo or Diego Simeone are just 2 examples of players trained by Lucescu when they were youngsters(in Italy in '90 years). And both everytime are saying Lucescu helped them very much in developing as a players.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

bossake wrote:yea, Dinamo Bucuresti and Sahktar played in 2003, was before Lucescu joining the team, and at that time Dinamo even knocked out Sahktar.

I think too that he will make good things in Zenit, but there the situation will be somehow different than in Donetsk. In Sahktar he liked very much to bring somehow unknown players from South America and to delevop them there, now at Zenit he will have a dressing room with a lot of "stars". Hulk, Witsel, Danny etc. Press is reporting he will have a ~ 60 mil budget only for transfers. I am curious if he will bring "stars" or players with potential to develop them. In his all career he prefered young players to develop them as a players and also as a people. Pirlo or Diego Simeone are just 2 examples of players trained by Lucescu when they were youngsters(in Italy in '90 years). And both everytime are saying Lucescu helped them very much in developing as a players.
A quote from Wiki:
Lucescu is known to be a very educated person. He learned 6 foreign languages at a young age: English, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Italian and French in addition to his native Romanian. As a coach in Romania he was often cited as telling his players that going to the theatre or reading a book is far more beneficial than going to restaurants. He also pressured his players to go to university
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

So here we are again, waiting to find out who's going to be the new FC Porto manager. The Italian press says Paulo Sousa, the French press says Leonardo Jardim. Any other country wants to get rid of their Portuguese coaches? England? Greece? Cyprus? :p

AVB is free but he already said he'll take a break until the end of the season,
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Javi Gracia left Malaga and signed for Rubin Kazan for 4 years. It means that Berdiyev stays with Rostov.
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

Now it's official, Mourinho is the new manager of Manchester United!
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Special one and Pep in same town.

I guess the media is like :bouncy: :bouncy:

One would say they just changed side ?
Real Madrid (dark side) --> United (light side)
Barcelona (light side) --> City (dark side)
:upset: :fingal:
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

Thunder_PT wrote:So here we are again, waiting to find out who's going to be the new FC Porto manager. The Italian press says Paulo Sousa, the French press says Leonardo Jardim. Any other country wants to get rid of their Portuguese coaches? England? Greece? Cyprus? :p

Nuno Espírito Santo seems to be the chosen one.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

SteffenM wrote:Special one and Pep in same town.

I guess the media is like :bouncy: :bouncy:

One would say they just changed side ?
Real Madrid (dark side) --> United (light side)
Barcelona (light side) --> City (dark side)
:upset: :fingal:
:rollfloor: :rollfloor: :rollfloor: . . . although I'm always gonna associate "The Special One" with "The Dark Side" ("He is known by many names . . . " :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) :!:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

The coaches dance continues.

Shakhtar Donetsk picked Paulo Fonseca, who this season coached Braga. And Braga should b hiring Julen Lopetegui!
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

After reading the pessimism here about Mourinho at United I had a quick look on the red cafe and their fans seem really excited.

It'll be a very interesting season. City and United appointing heavyweights, Spurs and Liverpool on the rise, will Wenger struggle to get in the top 4 this time? There's also Chelsea and Leicester to consider.
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

Thunder_PT wrote:
Thunder_PT wrote:So here we are again, waiting to find out who's going to be the new FC Porto manager. The Italian press says Paulo Sousa, the French press says Leonardo Jardim. Any other country wants to get rid of their Portuguese coaches? England? Greece? Cyprus? :p

Nuno Espírito Santo seems to be the chosen one.
It's official, the announcement was made today. May he bring Porto back to silverware!
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Official: Markus Weinzierl from Augsburg to Schalke. Dirk Schuster from Darmstadt to Augsburg.
Malko

Post by Malko »

DinoToppmöller , the son of former professional german player Klaus Toppmöller, will be the new coach in 91 Dudelange, replacing Michel Lefloachman.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Marca.com (believe at your own risk) says that Unai Emery of Sevilla is "about to sign for PSG" ("a punto de fichar por el PSG"--I quote the Spanish so that there will be no question about what they actually printed :wink: ).

What about it, Malko? Is PSG looking for a Spanish coach (well, Basque, but hey :mrgreen: ) :?: :confused:

Emery is from Hondarribia, very near San Sebastián, one of the few places in the Basque country where I have spent time.

Edit: as.com says that Emery will sign for three years with PSG--and that Monchi will also go to PSG for three years :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: If the interview with Monchi that I read yesterday is correct, Monchi isn't going anywhere from Sevilla. But hey, these websites have a lot of space to fill . . . to say nothing of the 48 pages their print editions have to fill daily . . . Grain of salt, grain of salt, take it all with a grain of salt. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And in other news, Marcelino García Toral, Villarreal's coach, is being looked as the possible successor to . . . Del Bosque, coach of La Roja :!: :!: :shock: But this is in REALLY early rumor stage . . . :mrgreen:
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

AlanK wrote:Marca.com (believe at your own risk) says that Unai Emery of Sevilla is "about to sign for PSG" ("a punto de fichar por el PSG"--I quote the Spanish so that there will be no question about what they actually printed :wink: ).
News goes that PSG have dropped Champions League and are going all the way for Europe League ;) :bouncy: