Battles for important ranking positions

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

Should we stick to 1 thread for this?
swisspower

Post by swisspower »

Dragan Mance wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 03:41 Extremely imporant win for Young Boys.

Unfortunately for Serbia, no way they will be last in group now.
Don't be so sure. They could still end up behind Atalanta and Villarreal. The gap between home and away performance of YB is huge, so I doubt they will win any points in their away games. But it will be close now, no doubt about it. Concerning the ranking, the 3rd place is not that important, since it can easily be that they would be roasted in the EL playoff the next round. If they reach the top 2, on the other hand, it's the JACKPOT.

The match yesterday was absolutely outstanding. They way they dominated Manchester United was really impressive. Yes, they had one more player on the pitch, but this was still amazing to pull off against a team with so many highly skilled players.

Switzerland is now in a very, very good position to hold top 15, but it is far from done. Let's see how Basel performs tomorrow.
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

swisspower wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 13:29
Dragan Mance wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 03:41 Extremely imporant win for Young Boys.

Don't be so sure. They could still end up behind Atalanta and Villarreal. The gap between home and away performance of YB is huge, so I doubt they will win any points in their away games. But it will be close now, no doubt about it. Concerning the ranking, the 3rd place is not that important, since it can easily be that they would be roasted in the EL playoff the next round. If they reach the top 2, on the other hand, it's the JACKPOT.

The match yesterday was absolutely outstanding. They way they dominated Manchester United was really impressive. Yes, they had one more player on the pitch, but this was still amazing to pull off against a team with so many highly skilled players.

Switzerland is now in a very, very good position to hold top 15, but it is far from done. Let's see how Basel performs tomorrow.
swisspower

Post by swisspower »

THEPOSH wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 13:49

Haha I don't know, I'm new here, but we might as well open up a new thread ;)
THEPOSH

Post by THEPOSH »

swisspower wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 13:52
THEPOSH wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 13:49

Haha I don't know, I'm new here, but we might as well open up a new thread ;)
It's already open. This thread was necromanced by accident I believe.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Dragan Mance wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 03:41 Unfortunately for Serbia, no way they will be last in group now.
Young Boys are still projected to finish fourth. Yesterday's game hasn't changed that.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Serbia (not so much), Belgium (mostly them) and Switzerland (if Basel has a long run) should start looking at Russia.

They could have a ~ 3.000 season.
matt

Post by matt »

Ukraine fails to overcome Russia. Tomorrow Zorya can try again, but it is just a matter of time. If not this season, the next one.
International break hater
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

matt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 23:05 Ukraine fails to overcome Russia. Tomorrow Zorya can try again, but it is just a matter of time. If not this season, the next one.
Next season, Russia will be relegated from the Top 15, currently in 16th place in the Country Rankings 2023, and Turkey in 21st place. This could prove to be good for European football, as these are the only countries that can put some pressure on UEFA, with the exception of the Top 5 countries.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Russia is 26th if we sum up only the last 3 seasons. Wow.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings