2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

krdel wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:43 That is a bit unfair, as "Germany" had twice as many athletes competing in the pre-1992 period as the others.

On the other hand you are not adding up for Yugoslavia etc.
There is nothing unfair there:

Germany is a merger from two earlier parts. While Yugoslavia has split up in seven pieces, so exactly the other way around. So to be correct, Yugoslavia's medal count must not be added up, but split up somehow amongst the current nations covering their former territory.

And so btw: I've never heard you complain that it's a bit unfair that Yugoslavia now have seven teams instead of one in WC/Euro qualifiers while Germany's starters were cut from two to one. ;)
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
krdel

Post by krdel »

greenbay wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 17:03 And so btw: I've never heard you complain that it's a bit unfair that Yugoslavia now have seven teams instead of one in WC/Euro qualifiers while Germany's starters were cut from two to one. ;)
So you have not read all my posts... :grin1: And it would be really unfair if all the football results from Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia etc. were merged under Yugoslavia.

And I meant adding up, as all the olympic medalists from Yugoslavia were Slovenes, so there is nothing to split there.
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
seso

Post by seso »

French Gabriella Maria Papadakis together with her French partner Guillaume Cizeron are ice dance champions. They were both born in France (70 km apart) but live in Canada.
In other news, GB plays Sweden in the Men’s Curling final!
Norway is comfortably leading the medal count.
Englandmad2007

Post by Englandmad2007 »

Silver for GB in curling! Yeah!
Slava Ukraini!
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Happy with Germany's result. Again the 2nd place behind Norway. Not that close this time, but Norway was unbeatable. We are the only nation besides them with a double-digit number of gold medals (12). And after watching it I think I need to try some snowboarding again after many years. :!:
Englandmad2007

Post by Englandmad2007 »

Watching closing ceremony now. 2 for GB 3 less than in Pyeongchang. Roll on the XXV Olympic Winter Games Milano-Cortino 2026
Slava Ukraini!
Englandmad2007

Post by Englandmad2007 »

The games have now been declared closed by the IOC president. Et conformément à la tradition, l'appel a été lancé à la jeunesse du monde pour qu'elle se réunisse dans 4 ans à Milano-Cortina en Italie pour célébrer les 25èmes Jeux Olympiques d'hiver. 谢谢北京
Slava Ukraini!