Football stadiums

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
krdel

Post by krdel »

New roof at Grbavica:
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
subway14

Post by subway14 »

Manchester United set to turn up the volume by extending the singing section inside the Stretford End by 2,000 fans to improve the matchday atmosphere at Old Trafford :lol:
Singing section at OT? Didn't know they had one. I I was only aware of the sleeping section.
That's usually the away end. Well it was yesterday.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

seso

Post by seso »

Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande FC started construction of a 100,000-seater stadium, which would be the largest football stadium in the world. Designed in a lotus flower shape, the stadium is scheduled to cost $1.7 billion and to be completed by the end of 2022. The 100,000 capacity would surpass the 99,354 capacity of Barcelona's Camp Nou, currently the largest football-only stadium in the world.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

https://twitter.com/FootyHumour/status/ ... 5199614978 :lol:
BREAKING: Manchester City have confirmed a new £15 billion deal for their stadium naming rights with local seating firm MT Seats. It will be known as the MT Seats Stadium from 1st August 2020.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

So talking about football stadiums.

And the fans at the stadiums.

Dortmund says it is allowed to use "Safe standing" and use of the full stadium capacity, for the coming UEFA matches.
https://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/Cham ... tehplaetze

Have you heard of this?

What also seems a bit odd for me. Is it looks like this will be the case for France, Germany and England as a part of observation program?
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

SteffenM wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 00:04 So talking about football stadiums.

Dortmund says it is allowed to use "Safe standing" and use of the full stadium capacity, for the coming UEFA matches.

Have you heard of this?

What also seems a bit odd for me. Is it looks like this will be the case for France, Germany and England as a part of observation program?
If true, these are big news for German football. Especially for Union Berlin in Europa League, they finally might be able to play in their own stadium, the Stadion An der Alten Försterei, instead of the Olympiastadion.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

ultra2013 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 02:31
SteffenM wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 00:04 So talking about football stadiums.

Have you heard of this?

If true, these are big news for German football. Especially for Union Berlin in Europa League, they finally might be able to play in their own stadium, the Stadion An der Alten Försterei, instead of the Olympiastadion.
For Union Berlin, the new program means that another move into the city's Olympiastadion, home of local rivals Hertha BSC, may no longer be necessary in the Europa League this season. Union's own Stadion an der Alten Försterei is unique in that over 18,000 of its 22,000 places are unreserved standing, meaning it did not fulfill previous UEFA requirements.

"We're delighted about this decision, since it opens up the chance for us to play European matches in our stadium for the first time in our history," said Union club president Dirk Zingler. "We shall discuss the necessary infrastructural adjustments with UEFA and implement them as soon as possible."
https://www.dw.com/en/europe-wants-to-s ... a-62618330

Great, great decision. Better late than never. Should be allowed everywhere, of course. And for Union it's indeed a huge advantage, I've always said that their stadium is a fortress for them in the Bundesliga, and in Europe there wasn't a real home advantage in this huge Olympiastadion of their rival Hertha. Hopefully there is no other hurdle and they can use their stadium from the 1st matchday in the EL.

Bayern's number of attendants could rise from 70k to 75k
Dortmund's number of attendants could rise from 65k to 80k
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

Considering standing places are allowed in our league, I was always confused that the clubs want to put seats even on the part where the ultras are. Even when I write on our local forum, people are like that it would be "unfair" to the fans :confused:
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
krdel

Post by krdel »

I also prefer the standing area for fans. A lot of our stadiums have them.

Who wants to seat should go to the opera. :grin1:
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

krdel wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:38 I also prefer the standing area for fans. A lot of our stadiums have them.

You can stand at the opera also :grin1: (Wiener Staatsoper for example)
AnelZ

Post by AnelZ »

krdel wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:38 I also prefer the standing area for fans. A lot of our stadiums have them.

Well, I was standing when I was on the south stand but after some incidents which happened around 2014-2015 I decided to step back from it :D this season I bought the season ticket for the west stand on Grbavica.
Doživjeti možda neću da prođeš u finale
i da velikog Reala pobjediš na penale...
seso

Post by seso »

The football stadium of Troiziniakos FC (from Argolida, Peloponnese):

BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

The current top 12 of the season:

Schalke currently 16th place (out of 18) in the 2. Bundesliga.
Polak

Post by Polak »

The Schalke attendance isn't that surprising. I know the 3rd tier also gets some pretty good attendances in Germany.