Isloč-Gomel 1:1
Sluck-Vitebsk 0:2
Šahter-Torpedo BalAZ 0:1
Neman-BATE 0:0
Minsk-Belšina 2:4
Dinamo B-Dinamo M 1:3
Arsenal-Slavia 3:2
Energetik-Dnepr 1:1

Another interesting round! Šahter lost at home against 10 men Torpedo Žodino, while BATE only drew in Grodno. Energetik also only drew today, so Dinamo Minsk is the big winner.
UEFA - We care about money. Pravda za Kolubaru!
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Torpedo Kutaisi 4 - 1 Dila
Gagra 3 - 3 Saburtalo
Dinamo Batumi 4 - 1 Dinamo Tbilisi

The games of the teams playing in Europe next week were brought forward. I've seen the 1st half of the game between the 2 Dinamos and some parts of the 2nd half. It was a full house in Batumi, cca. 20 thousand spectators. 3:0 the 1st half and Batumi struck the bar twice, too. I don't want to jinx them, but they're a team not to be underestimated. Dinamo Tbilisi are on 2nd place trailing them by 9 points.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Yup, Dinamo Batumi is strong, this is why I have high hopes for them.

Torpedo finally improving is also a good sign for the league.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Fun article about the craziness of the Estonian Cup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61808907
Welcome to the strange world of the Estonian Cup, where senior teams, under-19 sides and Sunday League outfits go head to head.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Reminds me of Yugoslav cup back in the days. :grin1: Execpt for U-19 sides I like those cups.

btw, Olimpija apparently just lost their coach and sports director, the club is in chaos. Maybe a tip for those who would like to bet for a surprise in Luxembourg...
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Sioni 0 - 0 Telavi
Samgurali 4 - 1 Lokomotivi Tbilisi

After 20 rounds: a break until August 13

Dinamo Batumi 47
Dinamo Tbilisi 38
Samgurali 36
Dila Gori 34
Saburtalo 30
Telavi 25
Torpedo Kutaisi 24
Sioni 21
Gagra 19
Lokomotivi Tblisi 3
matt

Post by matt »

Good to see Aktobe doing well again after a few years. They have one game to play and then the league stops for more than a month.
International break hater
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Turan Turkistan 2 - 2 Tobol
Shakhter Karagandy 2 - 3 Aktobe
Atyrau 0 - 0 Taraz
Astana 4 - 0 Maqtaaral
Aksu 1 - 0 Kyzyl-Zhar
Kairat 2 - 0 Akzhayik
Ordabasy 4 - 1 Kaspiy

After 15 rounds:

Astana 27
Aktobe 26(1)
Ordabasy 26
Tobol 25
Taraz, Kairat 23
Kaspiy 22
Atyrau 21
Aksu, Shakhter 17(1)
Turan Turkistan(Arys) 16(2)
Kyzylzhar 15
Akzhayik 12(1)
Maqtaaral 10
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Tomorrow starts the CL with the 1st qualifying round. What to expect?

Kazakhstan:

Tobol - Fradi, 3.90 3.60 1.91 the odds right now, Fradi are favourites to win even away and more so to advance.
If Tobol advance the winner of Slovan/Dinamo Batumi wait for them. If they lose the loser of Shkupi/Lincoln awaits, a much more favourable draw.
I expect Tobol to drop out from the CL after the 1st round, and end up in the 3rd round of the ECL.

Armenia:

Pyunik - Cluj, 6.50 3.90 1.53 the odds right now, Cluj are even bigger favourites than Fradi and rightly so.
If Pyunik not lucky drawing Cluj in the 1st round, much luckier in the next round. If they could achieve a shock result against Cluj the reward would be the winner of Dudelange/Tirana. I expect a more realistic outcome and then they beat Inter Escaldes in the 2nd round of the ECL.

Georgia:

Slovan Bratislava - Dinamo Batumi, 1.61 3.70 5.80, I expect a tighter result and hope Batumi have a chance to advance. They must avoid a heavy defeat to keep the tie alive for the 2nd leg. The draw for the 2nd round even more brutal, the winner of Tobol - Fradi. If they lose they'll be 3rd time unlucky, the loser of the Lech/Qarabag tie awaits. Yuck! They'll be underdogs even here. I see their best chance to overcome Slovan in order to stay alive in Europe. I see them with a considerably less chance than both Tobol and/or Pyunik to survive.

Azerbaijan:

Lech Poznan - Qarabag, 2.15, 3.20 3.50, close to equal chances, this tie is the closest. Similar bad luck draw for Qarabag to Batumi's. Zurich wait the winner and the loser of the Slovan/Batumi tie the loser. Could be easily a Qarabag - Dinamo Batumi Caucasian derby on the horizon, at least one of them will surely survive.

Moldova:

Zrinjski Mostar - Sheriff Tiraspol, 3.25 3.20 2.25, after some pessimistic news from Sheriff, Zrinjski might have a chance, but not according to the bookies, Sheriff earned some respect from last year, rightly so. We'll see. If Sheriff prove them right they meet the winner of Maribor - Shakhtyor Soligorsk. Not an easy draw, but not the hardest either. The loser can breathe easier, the loser of Dudelange - Tirana seems not so daunting.

Belarus:

Maribor - Shakhtyor Soligorsk, 1.73, 3.40 4.50, the bookies consider Maribor the favourites, maybe, I'd rather think this is closer to 50?50. Soligorsk having the disadvantage to play the home leg on neutral ground. If they advance they meet the winner of Zrinjski - Sheriff, if they lose they got a bye into the ECL 3rd round.

Hungary:

Tobol - Fradi, 3.90 3.60 1.91, Fradi are favourites, but have to be careful, the Kazaks could be dangerous. If they advance as expected they play either Slovan Bratislava or Dinamo Batumi. Losing is not an option, but Shkupi or Lincoln wouldn't whet their appetite anyway.
krdel

Post by krdel »

You mean today? :grin1:

Hmmm, I would say Dinamo (B) has more chances than Pyunik and Tobol. Zrinjski-Maribor or Zrinjski-Šahter would be an interesting match to see, as both teams are out of form and could easily lose.
krdel

Post by krdel »

Belšina-Arsenal 1:0
Dinamo M-Isloč 1:2
Vitebsk-Dinamo B 0:1
BATE-Energetik 1:1
Gomel-Neman 0:0
Dnepr-Minsk 2:4
Torpedo BelAZ-Sluck 3:0

The teams in this league keep surprising. It was an unusual derby in Borisov. BATE took the lead right after the beginning with a nice goal by the captain Dragun and then not much happened for a long time. Energetik was poor and not dangerous, but in the second half out of nothing they got a funny penalty for 1:1. Total offensive of BATE followed, but Energetik survived. Dinamo Minsk sensationally lost at home against Isloč, while FK Minsk won in Mogilev, so the differences at the top are again smaller.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

krdel wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:13 You mean today? :grin1:

Hmmm, I would say Dinamo (B) has more chances than Pyunik and Tobol. Zrinjski-Maribor or Zrinjski-Šahter would be an interesting match to see, as both teams are out of form and could easily lose.
I'm 8 hours behind Central Europe. I see Dinamo Batumi with not more than a 50% chance to survive and still in Europe after 2 rounds. On the other hand both Pyunik (Inter Escaldes) and Tobol (possibly Lincoln Red Imps) are favourites to reach the 3rd round in the ECL. Sheriff are a question mark, but if Zrinjski survive, their chances will improve against Maribor or Soligorsk.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

bugylibicska wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 04:53 Tomorrow starts the CL with the 1st qualifying round. What to expect?

Kazakhstan:

Tobol - Fradi, 3.90 3.60 1.91 the odds right now, Fradi are favourites to win even away and more so to advance.
If Tobol advance the winner of Slovan/Dinamo Batumi wait for them. If they lose the loser of Shkupi/Lincoln awaits, a much more favourable draw.
I expect Tobol to drop out from the CL after the 1st round, and end up in the 3rd round of the ECL.

Tobol - Fradi 0:0, Fradi couldn't win, but will progress probably on home soil.

Armenia:

Pyunik - Cluj, 6.50 3.90 1.53 the odds right now, Cluj are even bigger favourites than Fradi and rightly so.
If Pyunik not lucky drawing Cluj in the 1st round, much luckier in the next round. If they could achieve a shock result against Cluj the reward would be the winner of Dudelange/Tirana. I expect a more realistic outcome and then they beat Inter Escaldes in the 2nd round of the ECL.

Pyunik - Cluj 0:0, a small surprise, Pyunik avoided defeat.

Georgia:

Slovan Bratislava - Dinamo Batumi, 1.61 3.70 5.80, I expect a tighter result and hope Batumi have a chance to advance. They must avoid a heavy defeat to keep the tie alive for the 2nd leg. The draw for the 2nd round even more brutal, the winner of Tobol - Fradi. If they lose they'll be 3rd time unlucky, the loser of the Lech/Qarabag tie awaits. Yuck! They'll be underdogs even here. I see their best chance to overcome Slovan in order to stay alive in Europe. I see them with a considerably less chance than both Tobol and/or Pyunik to survive.

Slovan Bratislava - Dinamo Batumi 0:0, great result for Batumi, but the job is not done yet.

Azerbaijan:

Lech Poznan - Qarabag, 2.15, 3.20 3.50, close to equal chances, this tie is the closest. Similar bad luck draw for Qarabag to Batumi's. Zurich wait the winner and the loser of the Slovan/Batumi tie the loser. Could be easily a Qarabag - Dinamo Batumi Caucasian derby on the horizon, at least one of them will surely survive.

Lech Poznan - Qarabag 1:0, everything to play for in the 2nd leg.

Moldova:

Zrinjski Mostar - Sheriff Tiraspol, 3.25 3.20 2.25, after some pessimistic news from Sheriff, Zrinjski might have a chance, but not according to the bookies, Sheriff earned some respect from last year, rightly so. We'll see. If Sheriff prove them right they meet the winner of Maribor - Shakhtyor Soligorsk. Not an easy draw, but not the hardest either. The loser can breathe easier, the loser of Dudelange - Tirana seems not so daunting.

Zrinjski Mostar - Sheriff Tiraspol 0:0, I think Sheriff have the upper hand, but still open.

Belarus:

Maribor - Shakhtyor Soligorsk, 1.73, 3.40 4.50, the bookies consider Maribor the favourites, maybe, I'd rather think this is closer to 50?50. Soligorsk having the disadvantage to play the home leg on neutral ground. If they advance they meet the winner of Zrinjski - Sheriff, if they lose they got a bye into the ECL 3rd round.

Maribor - Shakhtyor Soligorsk 0:0, good result for Soligorsk, but they must finish the job on neutral ground.

Hungary:

Tobol - Fradi, 3.90 3.60 1.91, Fradi are favourites, but have to be careful, the Kazaks could be dangerous. If they advance as expected they play either Slovan Bratislava or Dinamo Batumi. Losing is not an option, but Shkupi or Lincoln wouldn't whet their appetite anyway.

Tobol - Fradi 0:0, Fradi were not better, but the home advantage could be crucial.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Tomorrow the 1st round in the ECL:

Kazakhstan: The Kazakh teams start in the 2nd round only.

Kairat Almaty - Kisvarda, Kairat have more experience, while Kisvarda have none, slight advantage for Kairat.
Kyzylzhar Petropavlovsk - Osijek, Kyzylzhar have a poor season, they're out of form, Osijek are favourites.
Rakow Czestohowa - Astana, a tricky tie for both, 50/50 for me.

Armenia: 2 teams start in the 1st round and 1 in the 2nd round.

Alashkert - Hamrun Spartans, on paper Alashkert probably favourites.
Shkendija - Ararat Yerevan, a close tie, 50/50 for me.

Velez Mostar - Alashkert/Hamrun, tougher draw for Alashkert, they're the underdogs.
Valmiera - Shkendija/Ararat Yerevan, not a bad draw for Ararat Yerevan if they survive, at least 50/50
Ararat-Armenia - Dinamo Tbilisi/Paide, that's a tough draw, a minor Caucasian derby where Ararat-Armenia are the underdogs.

Georgia: all 3 teams start in the 1st round.

Dinamo Tbilisi - Paide Linnameeskond, I consider Dinamo big favourites.
Kuopio - Dila Gori, I hope Dila advance, but in reality they're probably slight underdogs.
Saburtalo - Partizani Tirana, probably a 50?50 tie.

Saburtalo/Partizani - Steaua Bucuresti, that's a big fish, at least in name, so if Saburtalo advance they're big underdogs.
Ararat-Armenia - Dinamo Tbilisi/Paide, I think Dinamo cannot complain about the draws.
Kuopio/Dila Gori - Panevezys/Milsami, if Dila could overcome the Finns, the 2nd round looks kinder.

Azerbaijan: all 3 teams start in the 2nd round only.

Fehervar - Qabala, I think Qabala are clear underdogs.
Aris Limassol - Neftchi Baki, Neftchi also underdogs.
Zira - Maccabi Tel-Aviv, maybe the biggest underdogs are Zira. Very unfavourable draws for the Azeris.

Moldova: all 3 teams start in the 1st round.

Panevezys - Milsami Orhei, impossible to predict, maybe a 50?50 tie.
Sfintul Gheorghe - Mura, I think Mura are favourites.
Floriana - Petrocub, here the Moldovans are probably favourites.

Saint Patrick's Athletic - Sfintul Gheorghe/Mura, they'd be underdogs if somehow overcome Mura.
Floriana/Petrocub - Laci/Iskra Danilovgrad, Petrocub cannot complain, good chance to reach the 3rd round.
Kuopio/Dila Gori - Panevezys/Milsami Orhei, Milsami would be underdogs if somehow make it.

Belarus: 1 team start in round 1 and 2 in round 2.

Dinamo Minsk - Decic, good draw for Dinamo, they're favourites.

Gomel - Aris Salonika, terrible draw for Gomel.
Hapoel Beer-Sheva - Dinamo Minsk/Decic, not better for Dinamo, bad luck.
BATE - Konyaspor, also not a kind draw, but BATE are very experienced and have a chance, though slight underdogs.

Hungary: all 3 teams start in the 2nd round.

Fehervar - Qabala, no complaint for Fehervar.
Kairat Almaty - Kisvarda, I'd like to see Kisvarda to have decent chance, but in reality probably slight underdogs.
Guimaraes - Puskas Akademia, that's a bad draw for Puskas, small chance only.