What other sports do you follow?

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

5m30s for the end of qualification of Brazil Sprint Race but Kevin Magnussen will start on pole, first of his carreer, of Haas and of an american team (Indy 500 not included).
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

rpo.castro wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 21:03 5m30s for the end of qualification of Brazil Sprint Race but Kevin Magnussen will start on pole, first of his carreer, of Haas and of an american team (Indy 500 not included).
Jean Pierre Jarier for the US Shadow team had pole in 1975. But it was a long time ago for sure
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Look at these celebrations for the Magnussen pole! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPasWFz3mM&t=284s

His teammate starts last! :lol:
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Lorric wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 22:36 Look at these celebrations for the Magnussen pole! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPasWFz3mM&t=284s

His teammate starts last! :lol:
"I think it’s fair to say that we focking look like a bunch of legends!"

And the crowd singing "Guenther! Guenther!" Probably not even Enzo Ferrari has his name sung by the audience but Guenther made it.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

One of the hardest days ever as a sports fan for me today. Out of two rugby World cups in a day, both exits in really cruel fashion. The women's rugby union final in New Zealand vs New Zealand, England stormed into a 0-14 lead then got a red card 17mins in for a clash of heads face on face. They put up an almighty fight a man down for over an hour but fell just short at 34-31 and had a big chance to win it right at the end and blew it.

And then the men's rugby league semi final on home soil, I talked about the Samoa match in the group stage, we met again in the semi. This time the bookmakers put England as favourite and were wrong again. Two tries behind, the crowd rallied behind us with everything at a little over an hour gone, and England fought back to get it to 26-26 FT and take it to golden score overtime. But errors undid us when we had the ball. England produced a brilliant block of a drop goal, but Samoa would get another chance and pull the ball far, far back to make it impossible to block the kick, it was a long way back and I thought they'd likely miss the attempt and then when they took it I thought it was going to go wide but they put a mighty kick between the posts to knock us out.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

But England won the Twenty20!
seso

Post by seso »

I don't know if anyone is following, but the 2023 basketball World Cup qualifiers are on. The finals will be played in Indonesia, Japan and the Philippines! The usual European countries have qualified so far; Turkey, Israel and the Netherlands have been eliminated.
As far as Greece is concerned, I'm glad seeing shooting guard Giannoulis Larentzakis doing so well! He is a low-profile player that has been working hard!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

I'm surprised no one has said anything about the F1. Russell picking up his first win and a Mercedes one-two, but in the aftermath, it's all about Max. For the collision with Lewis and the betrayal of his teammate.

The Hamilton incident is something I've been thinking about, due to what Max said after the race. That he knew Lewis wouldn't back down and they'd crash and he still did it anyway knowing that. Why? People seem to think it's Max's petulance, on show both here and the betrayal. And that may very well be the case, but thinking about it logically it could be something else. Now I usually only watch the highlights of races and might not notice so correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from Lewis, everyone else pretty much gives way to Max's bully boy tactics, right? This crash with the title wrapped up sends a message to the other drivers. That that's what happens to you if you don't get out of Max's way. It's laying groundwork for next season's title run. Max knows how Lewis will behave, as Lewis could hardly have been clearer about it, he told the World what he was going to do and has done what he said he was going to do since then. Lewis has modified his behaviour based on Max's behaviour. If Max then modifies his behaviour based on Lewis's behaviour, then that tells everyone else to copy Lewis. So he can't change his behaviour to account for Lewis's behaviour.

Everyone should copy Lewis. If Max crashes every time he tries to bully his way through someone he'll have to either stop doing it or lead every race from start to finish if he wants more titles.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Lorric wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 18:10 I'm surprised no one has said anything about the F1. Russell picking up his first win and a Mercedes one-two, but in the aftermath, it's all about Max. For the collision with Lewis and the betrayal of his teammate.

The Hamilton incident is something I've been thinking about, due to what Max said after the race. That he knew Lewis wouldn't back down and they'd crash and he still did it anyway knowing that. Why? People seem to think it's Max's petulance, on show both here and the betrayal. And that may very well be the case, but thinking about it logically it could be something else. Now I usually only watch the highlights of races and might not notice so correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from Lewis, everyone else pretty much gives way to Max's bully boy tactics, right? This crash with the title wrapped up sends a message to the other drivers. That that's what happens to you if you don't get out of Max's way. It's laying groundwork for next season's title run. Max knows how Lewis will behave, as Lewis could hardly have been clearer about it, he told the World what he was going to do and has done what he said he was going to do since then. Lewis has modified his behaviour based on Max's behaviour. If Max then modifies his behaviour based on Lewis's behaviour, then that tells everyone else to copy Lewis. So he can't change his behaviour to account for Lewis's behaviour.

Everyone should copy Lewis. If Max crashes every time he tries to bully his way through someone he'll have to either stop doing it or lead every race from start to finish if he wants more titles.
Nothing like a brit to distorce the things.

First of all, both incidents were that-race incidents and neither Norris nor Verstappen should have been penalized. In the Hamilton/Verstappen if there must be someone to be penalized it should be Hamilton because he was the one who left no space and made the colision inevitable.

Verstappen words after race:
“To be honest, I went around the outside, and I immediately felt he was not going to leave space. I just went for it, he didn’t leave me space, so I knew we were going to get together.
It cost him the race win, for me it gave me five seconds. It wouldn’t have mattered anything for my race, because we were just way too slow. But it’s just a shame, I thought we could race quite well together, but clearly the intention was not there to race.”

Hamilton should have left a car width as is mandatory (Stroll and Ocon were penalized for this reason, not leaving enough space, you can't make the car on your side run off track) but it didn't. Verstappen saw a chance and went for it (later one driver did an overtake in exact same spot) but he suspected that Hamilton would do something like he did in the past. This tells more about Hamilton then Verstappen because Red Bulls were slow in Brazil (couldn't get their tyres work with the "low" temperatures) while Hamilton had a real chance of a first win in the season and he just decided to enter in mode "Silverstone 2021".

When drivers stop trying overtaking, they are not racing drivers anymore. Maybe Uber drivers or something. Ocon was equally an idiot to Alonso. Stroll to Vettel.

About the Verstappen-Perez, thanks to that Motorsport media has a lot to write about, but it is such stupid act by Verstappen (same asshole as his father) that nothing more needs to be said.

And Ricciardo, get the fck out. He just knocked Magnussen out. He is just a mobile chicane.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

rpo.castro wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 18:33
Lorric wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 18:10 I'm surprised no one has said anything about the F1. Russell picking up his first win and a Mercedes one-two, but in the aftermath, it's all about Max. For the collision with Lewis and the betrayal of his teammate.

Nothing like a brit to distorce the things.
Excuse me?
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

If you look at the Hamilton-Verstappen crash, you see Russel driving 10m in front of Lewis driving a wider track, which would have given Max enough room to make his turn. It was clear that Lewis chose to cut the road to give Max no room.
It could have been a nice fight between the 2 first Max ahead in 1 corner and then Lewis ahead in the next side by side through the corners. But Lewis decided to do different. Russel/Max and Charles/Max would have gone different. I liked the Russel/Max fight in the sprint race
But this shows Lewis is not over his vendetta, and now his car is better again we will see more crashes between these 2. Unfortunately.

About Max-Checo, yes, I don’t understand, but he had his reasons, had said it before the race apparently. But why does nobody talks about Sainz-Leclerc? Sainz didnt let Leclerc pass, what could have helped him into second?
And now Max will help this weekend. But how will he do that? The only thing that matters is who of the two arrives first. letting Checo pass will not help anything. Only thing he can do is crash into Charles, but I don’t think that’s a real possibility for Max.

Lots of inter-team troubles
Vettel-Stroll, Alonso-Ocon, Max-Checko
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Ricardo wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 20:35 And now Max will help this weekend. But how will he do that? The only thing that matters is who of the two arrives first. letting Checo pass will not help anything. Only thing he can do is crash into Charles, but I don’t think that’s a real possibility for Max.
Tow Checo in qualifying and block Charles in the race to slow him down if necessary.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Ricardo wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 20:35 About Max-Checo, yes, I don’t understand, but he had his reasons, had said it before the race apparently. But why does nobody talks about Sainz-Leclerc? Sainz didnt let Leclerc pass, what could have helped him into second?
And now Max will help this weekend. But how will he do that? The only thing that matters is who of the two arrives first. letting Checo pass will not help anything. Only thing he can do is crash into Charles, but I don’t think that’s a real possibility for Max.
Thats not true at all. Sainz didn't refused at all because he wasn't even asked. Ferrari, and very well told right away Leclerc they wouldn't swap positions because they weren't safe-Sainz could get a 5sec penalty. And IMO and considering that Leclerc is my favourite driver, Ferrari (or any team) shouldnt take away a podium from a driver, just to help the other to achieve a secondary classification (if it was for the title, of course they would for a 2nd place, no way).

Ferrari/Red Bull swap is tottaly different. One was asked by the team and refused to obey (if it was the oppositte, Checo was just killed by Marko, Max and Jos) while other no order was gave, and in Ferrari it was a podium while in RB just a 6th place. Sure Max will save it in a very special place.
There is no reasons to have such a childish behaviour against a guy that was a key person for his first title. I will be very happy if Max loses next title for lack of help from Checo.
"Checo is a legend" must means "checo is an idiot" in dutch.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Portugal is in the Rubgy World Cup after getting a draw in the last minute with a penalty (kick at goal) 16-16 against USA in the battle for last spot. We are back 16 years later.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Agree that it’s different, rpo, but why would second spot be so important for Checo, while it isn’t for Charles.
Of course I agree that it’s childish, egoistic, very negative that Max didn’t do it, and I don’t count on much help this weekend(Max will try to get on pole and just drive off tomorrow).