Greek Football Season 21/22

Domestic league and cup football
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

NederPAOKtzis wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:32
Bulgarian wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 23:23 PAOK fans seem like utter scum.
Thank you!

Seems all MU players are famous for sexual assault and making threats to kill their WAG's. :upset:
Perhaps Bulgarian could have been more careful in his choice of wording, and directed it more specifically at those involved instead of making it look like the comment was more general and applied to all.

In the case of Greenwood the club at least is not defending his actions. The club will not defend him and he has been forced to seek his own legal defence.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Of course it is not aimed at ALL of them.But at the end of the day to my attention have come two murders in the last 400 days both involving PAOK idiots (not fans) one of them involving a bulgarian and i cant say it doesnt leave a sour taste in the mouth.

Feel free to discuss Greenwood in the appropriate threat instead of bringing him up here and trying to bite back at me just because i like the club that owns him.The guy should share a place with Mendy for all that i know.
NederPAOKtzis

Post by NederPAOKtzis »

Apologies accepted.

Was not aware you were a Mu-fan, Bulgarian! Thought you are (only) a Madridista. Just picked this as an example as it is a hot item at the moment. Cheers!
PAOK is not a club. PAOK is a cultural phenomenon.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

The murderer got arrested.

He is a 23 years old man from Albania, who was present in the infamous shameful 2017 Cup Final in Volos, where PAOK and AEK fans (+foreign invited hooligans) beat each other for hours in and around the stadium. He is even in one photo holding a sharp object according to some media.

He was also arrested in 2019 for stabbing someone in Thessaloniki. The victim didn't die, and somehow the man was not kept in jail waiting his trial (which is pending and it takes many years in Greece). Neither was he banned from stadiums or expelled from the fan club he belongs.

There are 9-10 other people still escaping arrest, who were present in the murder and were kicking the victim in the head - the coroner's report says that he would have died from this if he didn't die from blood loss from the stab wound first.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

NederPAOKtzis wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 22:06 Apologies accepted.

Was not aware you were a Mu-fan, Bulgarian! Thought you are (only) a Madridista. Just picked this as an example as it is a hot item at the moment. Cheers!
:up: ive been for both since 2003 and going strong although MU are doing their best to frustrate supporters recently :D

I am glad to see the guy is arrested and i hope he spends his life behind bars. I see he is albanian but is he born in Greece or is he a fan from a foreign country? If hes from Albania does PAOK have a lot of fans outside of Greece who are not greek? I am just curious!
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Bulgarian wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 00:01
NederPAOKtzis wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 22:06 Apologies accepted.

:up: ive been for both since 2003 and going strong although MU are doing their best to frustrate supporters recently :D

I am glad to see the guy is arrested and i hope he spends his life behind bars. I see he is albanian but is he born in Greece or is he a fan from a foreign country? If hes from Albania does PAOK have a lot of fans outside of Greece who are not greek? I am just curious!
According to the reports, he isn't born in Greece, he has a temporary residence permit and lives in Thessaloniki. If I had to make a guess, I'd say his parents immigrated to Greece when he was underage.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

PAS Giannena is under investigation from the Committe for Professional Sports for an illegal (undeclared) transfer of shares in 2015.

If they are found guilty, they will be dedcuted 5 to 10 points - which means they will essentially miss the play offs.

The timing is also bad for PAS Giannina, because if they are found guilty (very likely according to the reports) and want to appeal to CAS, the verdict won't come before the play offs start, so even if CAS rules in favour of them, the damage will already be done.
seso

Post by seso »

This is the first time, since the 2016-17 season, that Pana reaches the Cup SFs! :grin1:
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

PAOK eliminated AEK for the 6th time in a row (!) in the Cup, and Olympiacos avoided a shock exit against Panaitolikos in injury time.

Thus the double-legged Semi-Final pairings (noone knows when the SF will take place because most Wednesdays are needed for postopned SuperLeague matches which need to be played before the play-offs start) are :

Olympiacos vs PAOK
Panathinaikos vs Lamia
seso

Post by seso »

Three beautiful goals in the AEK vs PAOK QF match!
emortal

Post by emortal »

Including this absolute stunner by Jasmin Kurtic in the 94' :exclamation:

seso

Post by seso »

Pana is a 'funny' club during the last seasons. Three Argentinians and four Spanish players in the starting 11 for the second consecutive league match. A match against Asteras Tripolis would be fun! :grin1: Also CB Georgios Sideras had his first app for the club at 20.
seso

Post by seso »

Very tight as fas as the fourth position (that will possibly lead to ECL-Q2 qualification) is concerned:
4. Panathinaikos 36 pts after 24 matches played
5. PAS Giannina 36 pts after 24
6. OFI 34 pts after 24
7. Asteras Tripolis 32 pts after 22
8. Aris 30 pts after 23

Asteras Tripolis has two games in hand, but it plays Oly and AEK away. And then we have the Play-off round (10 extra matches per club), so who knows?

The last time that Pana played European football was in 2017!
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

seso wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 07:02 Very tight as fas as the fourth position (that will possibly lead to ECL-Q2 qualification) is concerned:
4. Panathinaikos 36 pts after 24 matches played
5. PAS Giannina 36 pts after 24
6. OFI 34 pts after 24
7. Asteras Tripolis 32 pts after 22
8. Aris 30 pts after 23

Asteras Tripolis has two games in hand, but it plays Oly and AEK away. And then we have the Play-off round (10 extra matches per club), so who knows?

The last time that Pana played European football was in 2017!
We're also awaiting two judicial decisions within the next 2 weeks: The CAS verdict for Aris -6 penalty, and the 1st-degree SuperLeague sports court regarding a case of illegal transfer of shares of PAS Giannina 2-3 years ago.

It wouldn't be a Greek League season without judicial drama :grin1:
seso

Post by seso »

Firnen wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 18:40 We're also awaiting two judicial decisions within the next 2 weeks: The CAS verdict for Aris -6 penalty, and the 1st-degree SuperLeague sports court regarding a case of illegal transfer of shares of PAS Giannina 2-3 years ago.

It wouldn't be a Greek League season without judicial drama :grin1:
Yes, it's always fun following the Greek league! :grin1: