UEFA Euro 2024

World Cup 2026, Euro 2028, etc.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Michael S Collins wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 22:05 This is still better than no qualifying because you couldn't beat Moldova or the Faroe island for the record.
Absolutely. Would take getting a round further in a tournament then getting mauled every time. I was on the Manchester United forum in the Coventry FA Cup game and there were quite a few wanting Coventry to win the shootout because they would just get battered by City in the final. Look what happened in the final. There's still hope for Scotland. You have to be in it to win it. :smile1:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Fullkrug with a thunderous strike into the top corner. He's come off the bench. What does the guy need to do to be considered a first 11 player? Well, hopefully Germany keep making the mistake of not trusting him for that.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Another for Fullkrug. The guy's dynamite, I seriously don't get why Germany don't trust him.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Oh, he's offside.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

What happened to Scotland? Did their flight got delayed or did they arrived in another country? Because they weren't seen today in Germany.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

rpo.castro wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 22:47 What happened to Scotland? Did their flight got delayed or did they arrived in another country? Because they weren't seen today in Germany.
There they are. They scored! :lol:

But yeah, lots of their players are at home injured.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

Kamtedrejt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 20:56 My predictions

Group A

1. 🇩🇪 Germany
2. 🇭🇺 Hungary
3. 🇨🇭 Switzerland
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland

Group B

1. 🇭🇷 Croatia
2. 🇪🇦 Spain
3. 🇮🇹 Italy (Q)
4. 🇦🇱 Albania

Group C

1. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England
2. 🇸🇮 Slovenia
3. 🇷🇸 Serbia
4. 🇩🇰 Denmark

Group D

1. 🇳🇱 Netherlands
2. 🇨🇵 France
3. 🇦🇹 Austria (Q)
4. 🇵🇱 Poland

Group E

1. 🇺🇦 Ukraine
2. 🇧🇪 Belgium
3. 🇸🇰 Slovakia (Q)
4. 🇷🇴 Romania

Group F

1. 🇵🇹 Portugal
2. 🇬🇪 Georgia
3. 🇹🇷 Türkiye (Q)
4. 🇨🇿 Czechia

Round of 16

🇭🇷 Croatia v 🇹🇷 Türkiye
🇩🇪 Germany v 🇸🇮 Slovenia
🇵🇹 Portugal v 🇮🇹 Italy
🇨🇵 France v 🇧🇪 Belgium
🇺🇦 Ukraine v 🇦🇹 Austria
🇳🇱 Netherlands v 🇬🇪 Georgia
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v 🇸🇰 Slovakia
🇭🇺 Hungary v 🇪🇦 Spain

Quarterfinals

🇭🇷 Croatia v 🇩🇪 Germany
🇵🇹 Portugal v 🇨🇵 France
🇺🇦 Ukraine v 🇳🇱 Netherlands
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v 🇭🇺 Hungary

Semi-finals

🇭🇷 Croatia v 🇵🇹 Portugal
🇳🇱 Netherlands v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England

Final

🇭🇷 Croatia v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England

Award winners

MVP = Mateo Kovačić

Top scorer = Bukayo Saka

Best goalkeeper = Dominik Livaković

Best young player = Jude Bellingham

https://x.com/sk_football1907/status/18 ... 1403915322
if Austria really will play Ukraine in R16 we beat them! we already beat them in 2021 with the 'handbrake on football' of coach Foda!
matt

Post by matt »

Tomorrow Italy - Albania will be like an away game for Italy (Albanians will be the majority in the stadium) and will also be almost a derby, in the sense that there are deep connections between Italians and Albanians especially since the 90's. They are probably the best integrated community in Italy.
International break hater
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

matt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 23:59 Tomorrow Italy - Albania will be like an away game for Italy (Albanians will be the majority in the stadium) and will also be almost a derby, in the sense that there are deep connections between Italians and Albanians especially since the 90's. They are probably the best integrated community in Italy.
That's the opposite of a derby, since there is a friendly relationship.

A derby is Albania v Serbia.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Hungary - Switzerland in Cologne: we've seen that Hungary became a "hard to beat team" in tournaments. Switzerland might be slight favorite, but I would predict a draw.

Croatia - Spain in Berlin: another possible draw. Croatia with a clear fan advantage. Spain are often dominant but not so dangerous in the box. 1-1?

Italy - Albania in Dortmund: both teams have their strengths in the defense, I expect a close Italy win, 1-0.
Lorric wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 21:34 I really like this Germany kit. Have they ever incorporated the national flag into their kit like this before?

I wish we would. Have the red cross on the white shirt.
There were a lot of jerseys with the German flag in it. The '90 one when we won the WC or '94, maybe the most popular German jersey ever: https://i.ibb.co/BVNmWD4/adidas-germany-kits-9.jpg
offside

Post by offside »

Impressive performance by Germany in the opening match! I honestly didn't expect this kind of outcome.
Scotland was maybe a little too soft opponent, and this is another thing that I didn't expect.

Looking forwards for Croatia - Spain and Italy - Albania today.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

yes impressive performance by Germany.
Needs to be reviewed versus a tougher opposition of course but still they were impressive.
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

matt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 23:59 Tomorrow Italy - Albania will be like an away game for Italy (Albanians will be the majority in the stadium) and will also be almost a derby, in the sense that there are deep connections between Italians and Albanians especially since the 90's. They are probably the best integrated community in Italy.
Only 4 real derbies are played in the group stage, 3 of them in Group B and the one in Group D between France and the Netherlands. :D
Today is the first derby between Croatia vs Spain, two derbies await Italy only after Albania. Although Albania should not be underestimated either, they were the group winners in the qualifiers. :applause:
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

A derby in football is a match between two teams from the same city or region. It is often characterized by great rivalry and passion. So there should not exist derbies at Euro.
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

Lorric wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 21:52 Feel sorry for Scotland. Hope this never happens to England having to go to a tournament with such a massive injury list. And really unlucky with the red card, he's judged the challenge on the ball correctly, but his other leg takes him out. Could have been a red or a yellow I think, and the ref's gone red. 3-0 down and a man down at HT. Perfect opponent for Germany to start their tournament against. Been really easy for them, Scotland no threat at all.
What massive injury list?

It's "just" Hickey and Dykes. You think that yesterday without Ralston and Adams and with Hickey and Dykes instead it would have been any different? :confused:

And the red card is obvious.

Michael S Collins wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 22:05 This is still better than no qualifying because you couldn't beat Moldova or the Faroe island for the record.
I supposing you're comparing Scotland qualifying for Euro 2024 and not for the 2022 World Cup.

Some problems with this comparison.

For starters, qualifying for the Euros is easier, so there isn't necessarily an "improvement", only more spots available.

And in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers, Scotland actually defeated Moldova twice and the Faroe Islands twice.

Lorric wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 22:31 Fullkrug with a thunderous strike into the top corner. He's come off the bench. What does the guy need to do to be considered a first 11 player? Well, hopefully Germany keep making the mistake of not trusting him for that.
He "just" scored one goal against an opponent already losing 0-3 and in numerical disadvantage. Even Ceferin could do it too if he had the chance. :grin1:
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)