Historical sporting results spreadsheet

Anything football. NO POLITICS please.
Kutuz_off

Historical sporting results spreadsheet

Post by Kutuz_off »

Not sure where this belongs (if anywhere at all), but I decided to finally share the spreadsheet that I put together with the historical results of quite a number of sporting competitions. The genesis of it was when I was getting into a new sport, and couldn't tell which sides have been successful over the recent past and who to pay attention to. And then of course it grew in size. Now it has some 75+ competitions tracked. I think it's also nice for a quick review of recent history at a high level, in a format that I haven't seen elsewhere online, and maybe for some other purposes. In the end, it's just for my own entertainment really.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AoIyImyzBqW7unQCpro ... E?e=NXYZH0

Constructive criticism and questions are welcome - will address as time allows. The spreadsheet is all manual inputs, so some mistakes must have crept in. There's also some inconsistency in how I treat various sports.

I don't think it's mobile-friendly (and really best viewed if you have MS Excel installed), as there's a lot of conditional formatting and such.
Englandmad2007

Post by Englandmad2007 »

Kutuz_off wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 20:11 Not sure where this belongs (if anywhere at all), but I decided to finally share the spreadsheet that I put together with the historical results of quite a number of sporting competitions. The genesis of it was when I was getting into a new sport, and couldn't tell which sides have been successful over the recent past and who to pay attention to. And then of course it grew in size. Now it has some 75+ competitions tracked. I think it's also nice for a quick review of recent history at a high level, in a format that I haven't seen elsewhere online, and maybe for some other purposes. In the end, it's just for my own entertainment really.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AoIyImyzBqW7unQCpro ... E?e=NXYZH0

Constructive criticism and questions are welcome - will address as time allows. The spreadsheet is all manual inputs, so some mistakes must have crept in. There's also some inconsistency in how I treat various sports.

I don't think it's mobile-friendly (and really best viewed if you have MS Excel installed), as there's a lot of conditional formatting and such.
Nice work mate. How long did this take you?
Slava Ukraini!
MartinW

Post by MartinW »

Yes it's really interesting. A couple of quick comments:

- Why do you split the CL into two different sheets, one for up to 1999 and another for 2000 onwards?
- For ATP and WTA sheets it would seem a good idea to go back just a few more years so you can at least capture the full careers of Federer and S Williams for better comparison with other current players.