Unseeded clubs
Monaco
Midtjylland / AEK Larnaca
Sturm Graz
Union Saint-Gilloise
Volim je do ludila
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Would be better to avoid the top 3 for Fradi, though none of them really deadly. First choice would be Plzen/HJK then Malmo/Zalgiris.
For Qarabag I don't want Fradi and they cannot be drawn against Pyunik / Diddeleng, so no real preference.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

The Champions path will be split to sub-groups of 3 teams - at least UEFA did that last year.

Pyunik/Dudelange is obviously the desired opponent for all the seeded, including Olympiacos. I think Maribor/Sheriff is the next desirable. Ferencvaros, Ludogorets and Bodo Glimt should be more or less equal in strength, I'd opt for a rematch with Ludogorets. I'd rather avoid a Greek vs Cyprus tie, because I want Apollon to make the play-offs, and they won't against Olympiacos.

For Apollon, Malmo looks the most desirable tie given that they looked vulnerable this week and they really dont like the Cyprus heat. They would have hopes with Plzen and Qarabag/Zurch too. Dinamo Zagreb, Red Star and Olympiacos are too big for their teeth.

In the non-Champions path, if AEK Larnaca makes it past Midtjylland...well it doesn't really matter, if they make it past Midtjylland they're already successful and they're not making CL Groups. Dynamo/Fenerbahce looks the most beatable seeded on paper.
soyderedstarbelgrade

Post by soyderedstarbelgrade »

I don't have preferences this time. We should be strong enough for any of possible sides. Though we thought we should've been last year as well, got the most desirable draw (as per anyone at that time in 3rd round) in Sherrif, and failed! So I won't say anything this time.
My only wish is that we finally play the 3rd round return leg in Belgrade. In the last 5 seasons we played none! And what is more terrifying is that we won the first leg just once and it was in UEL, though we managed to get through next 2 times as well (and eventually ended up in UCL GS both times), but last 2 we did not.
2017 - UEL Q3 vs Sparta Prague 2-0 in Belgrade :bigcheck: , 0-1 in Prague :bigcheck:
2018 - UCL Q3 vs Spartak Trnava 1-1 in Belgrade :bigcross: , 1-2 AET in Trnava :bigcheck:
2019 - UCL Q3 vs Copenhagen 1-1 in Belgrade :bigcross: , 1-1 (6-7 on pens) in Copenhagen :bigcheck:
2020 - UCL Q3 vs Omonia 1-1 (4-2 on pens) in Nicosia (just one leg) :bigcross:
2021 - UCL Q3 vs Sherrif 1-1 in Belgrade :bigcross: , 1-0 in Tiraspol :bigcross:

Actually, the last time we won UCL Q3 home-leg was in 2004 vs PSV 3-2 though it was like play-off nowadays...
Last edited by soyderedstarbelgrade on Thu Jul 14, 2022 04:15, edited 1 time in total.
Volim je do ludila
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Ludo unseeded after all.
They should avoid top3.
Getting to this round is the minimum plan. I still think that coefficient wise they should go to ECLGS but of course their priority is money so CL/ELgs is their priority.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

For Malmö I want to avoid Bodö at any cost (despite their Q1 struggles and league form). I think their chances will be good vs the rest, with Pyunik / F91 being the most desirable one.

It's all about securing a Q3 spot at this stage. Despite being the most successful club in Europe at reaching the UCL group stages via qualifiers in the past 10 years (3 times, alongside Dinamo, Celtic and Olympiakos), I'd like to see a deep EL or ECL run this year.
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

Someone who will try to guess what kind of draw groups we will have this time? I will be surprised if Zalgiris vs Malmø FF and Linfield vs Bodø/Glimt are in 2 different draw groups.
Todor

Post by Todor »

What's the point of the grouping with only 6 ties to be drawn? The only restriction I guess is Qarabaq and Pyunik, but it can be easily avoided. Also, there are no Kazakhstani or Icelandic teams left, so no extreme distances either.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Todor wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:17 What's the point of the grouping with only 6 ties to be drawn? The only restriction I guess is Qarabaq and Pyunik, but it can be easily avoided. Also, there are no Kazakhstani or Icelandic teams left, so no extreme distances either.
Your reasoning is very logical. However, in a similar situation, UEFA did divide the teams into groups last year. At the same time, they didn't do it in EL Q3 and ECL Q3 draws (champions path) :dontknow:
wannabeontop

Post by wannabeontop »

For Ferencváros I would prefer to avoid Dinamo Zagreb. We have played so many games against each other recently. I'm also a bit scared of Zürich after Young Boys' performance last season, including the beating Fradi took in the playoff.
In Game of Thrones conquerors always say to the defeated side: "Bend the knee and you''ll live". As if they weren't alive right now.

I'm smarter than it shows. Just don't want to discourage anyone.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Diddeleng/Pyunik is the obvious first choice for all seeds.

Glimt and Ferencvaros are the two clubs to avoid.

Ludogorets, Apollon and Sheriff/Maribor is a medium draw for CL-Q3 level.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Champions path
The Champions path features to new entrants and ten second qualifying round winners (Champions path). Teams have been divided into two groups and seeded in accordance with the club coefficient ranking (the higher coefficient of the two clubs involved in an undecided pairing).

Group 1
Seeded:
Match 1 Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) / Shkupi (MKD)
Match 2 Maccabi Haifa (ISR) / Olympiacos (GRE)
Match 3 Qarabağ (AZE) / Zürich (SUI)

Unseeded:
Match 4 Ludogorets (BUL) / Shamrock Rovers (IRL)
Match 5 Ferencváros (HUN) / Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Apollon Limassol (CYP)

Group 2
Seeded:
Crvena zvezda (SRB)
Match 6 HJK Helsinki (FIN) / Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
Match 7 Žalgiris (LTU) / Malmö (SWE)

Unseeded:
Match 8 Maribor (SVN) / Sheriff (MDA)
Match 9 Linfield (NIR) / Bodø/Glimt (NOR)
Match 10 Pyunik (ARM) / Diddeleng (LUX)

Groups are out
mieszambeton

Post by mieszambeton »

:wink1: :wink1: equal groups
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Are they crazy? Q2 groups were already unbalanced, but this... :sigh:
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

mieszambeton wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 16:00 :wink1: :wink1: equal groups
Indeed, although I think that Group 1 is "a little bit" stronger... :smile1: