2022/2023 CL (and UYL) Group G: Man. City - Sevilla - Dortmund - Copenhagen

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

All is decided here, too. City and Dortmund to the last 16 and Sevilla to EL.

City 11
Dortmund 8
Sevilla 5
Kobenhavn 2

Next: City - Sevilla, Kobenhavn - Dortmund.
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

UYL:

Sevilla finally won a match, but now it's too late. :(

Too late for avoiding bottom of the group (they "only" won 2-1 so they still lost the head-to-head against Copenhagen), and too late to avoid being the worst ever Sevilla in UYL history.

Manchester City secured the first place with a draw in Germany.

Copenhagen vs Dortmund next week will be a direct fight for the second place, Copenhagen only needs a draw to keep it, while Dortmund must win to get it.

CL:

Congratulations Dortmund! :applause:

They're back to the CL last 16, after last season's failure.

Last season they were the highest ranked team in their group, had a great manager in charge, the top scorer from the previous CL edition was in their CL squad... and they still couldn't progress from a CL group with three "insignificant opponents".

This season they were the third ranked team in their group, had an ordinary manager in charge, the top scorer from the previous CL edition isn't in their CL squad... and they progressed from a CL group with two "top top whatevers".

It makes me wonder what will be their wish for opponent in the next round, a "top top whatever" or an "insignificant opponent"? :grin1:

I should congratulate Sevilla too! :up:

They finally won a match and qualified for the EL playoff.

There's still something else they must do here in round 6 before going to their sweet EL. They must win in England against Manchester City, otherwise this will be their worst ever CL campaign. Their worst ever was in 2015/2016 with 6 points and a -3 GD, in a group with Mönchengladbach, Juventus and Manchester City.

Copenhagen too, although last placed for sure, can still avoid being the worst ever Copenhagen in CL history, if they defeat Dortmund next week. The worst ever Copenhagen was in 2013/2014 with 4 points in a group with Juventus, Real Madrid and Galatasaray.
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

City and Dortmund are first and second, respectively. Both in UCL and UYL.
matt

Post by matt »

matt wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 15:52 Manchester CIty
Borussia Dortmund
Sevilla
Copenhagen
Boring and predictable group it looked, boring and predictable group it was.
International break hater
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

UYL:

Congratulations Dortmund! :applause:

They needed a win in Denmark to get the second spot and they did it, scoring the single goal in the 87th minute by Brunner. And then this week in Scotland against Hibernian they were losing 0-1 at half-time but in the second half scored twice, the winner in the 90th minute by Blank, and qualified to the last 16, where Manchester City is already directly as group winner.

And with Leverkusen, Bayern and Leipzig's eliminations in the group stage, plus Frankfurt's elimination this week in Netherlands, Dortmund is now the last German team standing.

This was the worst ever Copenhagen in UYL history, first time that they failed to progress from the group stages! Unbelievable how they had 7 points after round 3 and then were unable to get a single point in the following three matches! :upset:
Dragonite wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 03:54 UYL Prediction:
1. Man. City
2. Sevilla
3. Copenhagen
4. Dortmund
I was right about Manchester City first and Copenhagen third, but Dortmund was my "Sevilla" and Sevilla was my "Dortmund".

CL:
Dragonite wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 16:00 They finally won a match and qualified for the EL playoff.

There's still something else they must do here in round 6 before going to their sweet EL. They must win in England against Manchester City, otherwise this will be their worst ever CL campaign. Their worst ever was in 2015/2016 with 6 points and a -3 GD, in a group with Mönchengladbach, Juventus and Manchester City.

Copenhagen too, although last placed for sure, can still avoid being the worst ever Copenhagen in CL history, if they defeat Dortmund next week. The worst ever Copenhagen was in 2013/2014 with 4 points in a group with Juventus, Real Madrid and Galatasaray.
Sevilla lost in England, Copenhagen couldn't win against Dortmund, so both had their worst ever CL campaigns.
Dragonite wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 03:38 Prediction:
1. Man. City
2. Sevilla
3. Dortmund
4. Copenhagen
Here too I was right about Manchester City and Copenhagen's positions, but once again Dortmund was my "Sevilla" and Sevilla was my "Dortmund".
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)