2022/2023 Conference League Group B: West Ham - FCSB - Anderlecht - Silkeborg

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
naaba

Post by naaba »

bbi wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 17:29 FCSB will play with the best available in defense and midfield. The 3 Forwards are not the players that are in the best form. the 2 wingers are players with potential, the "ST" was a player with potential a few years ago. the "starter" ST Campagno is on the bench, the normal captain and LW Coman is on the bench, the most in form player the LW is missing, not sure if his suspended or slightly injured. This time the whole squad was brought to Belgium as they will all train there an return for an away game in the championship.
FCSB basically gave away 6 points (and +10 goal average) to Anderlecht's rival for second place. I don't know but it smells falsification of competition, even if Anderlecht is bad and in crisis. How is it possible for a same team to lose twice 5-0 but fight for 2 draws against an opponent from slightly higher level ?

Anyway Anderlecht is still alive and will play a final in Denmark next week. Mission is simple : a win or out.
bossake

Post by bossake »

Silkeborg really played very good against Fcsb. If in the first game in Denmark Fcsb sended a poor line up in the second game they tried with a better team and the result was the same :))

Fcsb played with the best team as starters only in the first game, in London. From that time they rested from 3 4 players to 8 9 depending on the game.

Honestly i think it will be very hard for Anderlecht to win away at Silkeborg. For me they are really a very good and in form team and in their home they playing in a synthetic pitch like a carpet.
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

West Ham is now the best team in Conference League.

Let's give credit where credit is due, the West Ham & referees coalition is the best team in Conference League... :sigh:

FCSB is already eliminated, but they still played a role in this group. They lost twice, aggregate score 0-10 against Silkeborg, and got two draws against Anderlecht.

So now Anderlecht must win in Denmark to advance, because of the points that they dropped against FCSB.
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)
matt

Post by matt »

matt wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 13:44 Imo:

West Ham
Anderlecht
FCSB
Silkeborg
FSCB, the worst team of the ECL, in a competition with RFS, Shamrock Rovers, Ballkani, Pyunik and Zalgiris :sigh:
As long as Becali is in charge i hope to NOT see them again in a group stage.
International break hater
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

Jua Ferreira wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 02:15
Glorious victories for Silkeborg against FSCB. Although not yet mathematically, it can be said that West Ham is the winner of the Group.
There is a scenario where FSCB can take 2nd spot but I won't even take the FSCB into account, sorry.
For 2nd spot Silkeborg currently looks more advantageous than Anderlecht. For good old days' sake I respect Anderlecht and I think they will beat the FSCB, get at least a draw against Silkeborg and West ham will beat Silkeborg on matchday 5. So i wont change my initial prediction.

WH
Anderlecht
Silkeborg
FSCB

Btw, the penalty given to Anderlecht was wrong. There should be VAR in ECL also.
In the past years, a middle-class English club would come to Europe with a reserve team and were unsuccessful and eliminated. Of course, ECL includes weaker teams compared to previous years' tournaments, I do not ignore this but in the end congratulations to WH.
I don't find it right what the FSCB did in Silkeborg games. Things like this degrade the tournament's value. Of course, there are no official restrictions on this, so this is my personal opinion.
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

Congratulations Anderlecht! :clapping:

They won in Denmark and advanced from this group.

Advancing in second place with only 8 points is still disappointing compared to my expectations. But at least they survived, which was the bare minimum, while others couldn't even do that.

Dragonite wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 15:22 Prediction:
1. Anderlecht
2. FCSB
3. West Ham
4. Silkeborg
I was wrong about everything here... Anderlecht wasn't first, FCSB wasn't second, West Ham wasn't third and Silkeborg wasn't last.
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)