EL round of 16

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

Barca vs Man Utd already means they can't draw Arsenal, RSSS or Betis, so you could say their next opponent will be easier.

This matchup means that these "Royalties" hopefully can't afford to field B-team and embarrass themselves against each other.
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

OlliWender wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 13:28 Barca vs Man Utd already means they can't draw Arsenal, RSSS or Betis, so you could say their next opponent will be easier.

This matchup means that these "Royalties" hopefully can't afford to field B-team and embarrass themselves against each other.
Next draw will be held after 2nd leg matches
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

BurningStorm wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 13:17 It's Ajax vs Union. Leverkusen vs Monaco.

And Barca vs Man United.
the other games:

Salzburg - Roma. Lets see if Salzburg's horrible streak in KO stages continues.
Juve - Nantes. Another lucky draw for Italy after the CL draw. I can't see Juve losing this, despite the poor CL results.
Sporting - Midtjylland. Good chance for Sporting to go further after being eliminated until the Spurs scored the very late winner at OM.
Shakthar - Rennes. Small advantage Rennes IMO.
Sevilla - PSV. Close tie.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Barca v MU is a win win in my book.
If United win i get ot laugh at the catalans and if United lose they have less matches and try to push for top4.
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

Jua Ferreira wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 13:30
OlliWender wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 13:28 Barca vs Man Utd already means they can't draw Arsenal, RSSS or Betis, so you could say their next opponent will be easier.

Next draw will be held after 2nd leg matches
Ok, because of the whole Leipzig vs Spartak case, I somehow remembered that they'd already drawn those matchups too, but it was indeed only two weeks prior.

Even though they only play Nantes for now and should win, I can't really see Juventus as one of the favorites and I don't think they will take this competition seriously.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

rpo.castro wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 13:25 Deserved prize for both United and Barcelona for not performing better.
I don't agree with this, it was in another post further up too. They got 15pts. If anyone "deserved" a hard draw, it isn't United.
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

Barcelona (ESP) vs Manchester United (ENG) : The draw everyone wants. I think Barcelona won't care much about the Europa League and Manchester United will win this.
Juventus (ITA) vs Nantes (FRA) : It is a weak matchup for Juventus.
Sporting CP (POR) vs Midtjylland (DEN) : Sporting are the favorite in this one.
Shakhtar (UKR) vs Rennes (FRA) : Rennes are stronger than Shaktar.
Ajax (NED) vs Union Berlin (GER) : It's hard to predict. %50-%50
Leverkusen (GER) vs Monaco (FRA) : I think Leverkusen will eliminate Monaco the unstable.
Sevilla (ESP) vs PSV (NED) : The current Sevilla cannot survive PSV. It may be different 3 months later.
Salzburg (AUT) vs Roma (ITA) : There will be good matches. I think Roma are little ahead.
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

Great draw for Union and Leverkusen givem it could have been Barca and United.
seso

Post by seso »

Juventus vs Nantes will be great! Reminds me of 1995-96 CL!

Will also follow Sevilla vs PSV!
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Horrible, horrible draw for the Dutch teams.

Union Berlin is the kind of opponent Ajax hates playing against, and nobody wants to play Sevilla in the UEL.

United-Barcelona is of course the flashy tie of the round.

Juventus got the jack pot, Shakhtar won't be too sad with the draw, it's within their capabilities.

Sporting is also smiling, Roma I'm not sure.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Shakhtar - Rennes, not the best, but could have been worse. Shakhtar underdogs, but good chance for collecting points. Barcelona - MU, a freak show of the round.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Barcelona vs Man United 60:40
Juventus vs Nantes 80:20
Sporting Lisbon vs Midtjylland 75:25
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Rennes 40:60
Ajax vs Union Berlin 60:40
Bayer Leverkusen vs Monaco 45:55
Sevilla vs PSV Eindhoven 60:40
RB Salzburg vs Roma 45:55
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Neither Juventus nor Manchester United should be dismissing the competition, since there's fierce competition for the top 4 in their respective leagues. OTOH, if Barcelona's still in a title race against Real Cheaters by February, it might be the case that they seize the chance of not giving 100% against a "famous" oppponent, saving face somehow.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Odds to progress:

Ajax - 1.55, Union Berlin - 2.32
Leverkusen - 1.80, Monaco - 1.92
Barcelona - 1.67, Manchester United - 2.10
Salzburg - 2.56, Roma - 1.46
Shakhtar Donetsk - 2.45, Rennes - 1.50
Juventus - 1.20, Nantes - 4.20
Sevilla - 1.86, PSV - 1.86
Sporting CP - 1.35, Midtjylland - 3.00
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

mspm89 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 17:36 Neither Juventus nor Manchester United should be dismissing the competition, since there's fierce competition for the top 4 in their respective leagues. OTOH, if Barcelona's still in a title race against Real Cheaters by February, it might be the case that they seize the chance of not giving 100% against a "famous" oppponent, saving face somehow.
United fielded strong teams through the whole group stage, so I don't think there's any question of them not taking it seriously.