Euro 2024 Group A: Germany - Scotland - Hungary - Switzerland

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
Lorric
Senior Member
Posts: 41544
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 16:45
Location: England

Post by Lorric »

Club-Mate wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:48
Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:31 Seeing all these crowd shots takes me back to wondering why Germany are in this kit. You can see the odd one in the crowd if you look closely, but it's otherwise a sea of white.
don't worry these new kits are the best selling of all ones (the tv commentator just mentioned it at the beginning of this game). They are new on the market and the other white/black ones they already exist long time this could be the reason why you can see still more the white ones
What, the pink one is more popular than the white one?
User avatar
BurningStorm
Senior Member
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 00:02
Location: Germany

Post by BurningStorm »

@Tazmania Wtf, you say this because of one game where a team even leads 2-0? What about England and France? Do we have to write them off too already? It's a huge step forward because this is the kind of opponent this team never liked to play.
Club-Mate wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:48 don't worry these new kits are the best selling of all ones (the tv commentator just mentioned it at the beginning of this game).
Best selling away kit, that's a huge difference. And a big part of them were girls/women.
User avatar
BurningStorm
Senior Member
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 00:02
Location: Germany

Post by BurningStorm »

Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:51
Club-Mate wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:48
Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:31 Seeing all these crowd shots takes me back to wondering why Germany are in this kit. You can see the odd one in the crowd if you look closely, but it's otherwise a sea of white.
don't worry these new kits are the best selling of all ones (the tv commentator just mentioned it at the beginning of this game). They are new on the market and the other white/black ones they already exist long time this could be the reason why you can see still more the white ones
What, the pink one is more popular than the white one?
It's not. He told wrong stuff again.

"Das pinke Trikot ist das am besten verkaufte Auswärtstrikot in der Geschichte aller DFB-Trikots", sagt Adidas nun dem stern.
Last edited by BurningStorm on Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:57, edited 2 times in total.
Lorric
Senior Member
Posts: 41544
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 16:45
Location: England

Post by Lorric »

It's two good wins for Germany imo. And you've got to take the host factor into account. When it gets ugly, and it will get ugly at some point, that's when the crowd can drive you over the line. Germany haven't needed that yet, smooth sailing so far.
Lorric
Senior Member
Posts: 41544
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 16:45
Location: England

Post by Lorric »

Oh and congratulations Germany, first team to punch their ticket to the KO stage.
greenbay
Senior Member
Posts: 7426
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 17:01

Post by greenbay »

Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 18:25 Btw, why are Germany not playing in their beautiful home kit in their home tournament as the admin home team in this game?
They were playing Hungary. So the pink shirt is political message. Don't forget than during the last Euro, when playing Hungary in Munich, the Allianz Arena was lit up in rainbow colors.
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
User avatar
BurningStorm
Senior Member
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 00:02
Location: Germany

Post by BurningStorm »

greenbay wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:00
Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 18:25 Btw, why are Germany not playing in their beautiful home kit in their home tournament as the admin home team in this game?
They were playing Hungary. So the pink shirt is political message. Don't forget than during the last Euro, when playing Hungary in Munich, the Allianz Arena was lit up in rainbow colors.
No it wasn't. Left politicians demanded it but UEFA (thankfully) didn't allow it because they want a politically neutral tournament.

And I hope not that this was the reason, the DFB (Völler, Nagelsmann and the players) said they don't want political shit anymore, because the criticism was huge in the country, especially after Qatar. It was obvious that they will play at least one game in the away dress, it would have been the case also with a black or whatever colored jersey. But I don't know who decided it to wear it this game and not against Switzerland for example. Maybe it's coincidence, maybe you are right, I hope it's the first one.
bugylibicska
Senior Member
Posts: 31059
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 17:21
Location: Canada

Post by bugylibicska »

Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:41
anty1975 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:32
Jua Ferreira wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 18:41 The goal should be cancelled tbh. Clear foul
Don't think so, shoulder to shoulder challenge and German guy was stronger thats all :wink:
Totally objective comment here, no bias at all. :wink:

But I decided to go back on the Iplayer and look, and I think it is ultimately shoulder to shoulder. I think the Hungarian is trying to turn on impact so he's off balance and goes sprawling.
I've to watch again, but what I remember Gundogan was behind Orban, so how is possible shoulder to shoulder?
User avatar
Firnen
Senior Member
Posts: 12415
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 21:32

Post by Firnen »

You're all overanalyzing. All teams use the 2nd/3rd kit in some matches, it's an obligation written in the contracts with the sponsors, so that the sponsors can market these kits too.
Lorric
Senior Member
Posts: 41544
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 16:45
Location: England

Post by Lorric »

bugylibicska wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:22
Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:41
anty1975 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:32
Don't think so, shoulder to shoulder challenge and German guy was stronger thats all :wink:
Totally objective comment here, no bias at all. :wink:

But I decided to go back on the Iplayer and look, and I think it is ultimately shoulder to shoulder. I think the Hungarian is trying to turn on impact so he's off balance and goes sprawling.
I've to watch again, but what I remember Gundogan was behind Orban, so how is possible shoulder to shoulder?
He was, but it's still shoulder contact when they meet.
User avatar
BurningStorm
Senior Member
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 00:02
Location: Germany

Post by BurningStorm »

Switzerland have to beat Germany to win the group, unless they beat Scotland 4-0 or higher, then a draw would be enough for them.

Firnen wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:22 You're all overanalyzing. All teams use the 2nd/3rd kit in some matches, it's an obligation written in the contracts with the sponsors, so that the sponsors can market these kits too.
Yes, that's what I thought too. Maybe they would have chosen the second game in any case for that. Not the first game where everyone watches, not the (normally) decisive third one.

And a pink jersey is not always a political message, Scotland had this color a long time ago. If it's a message, then I blame adidas. :wink:
Last edited by BurningStorm on Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:57, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Dragonite
Senior Member
Posts: 12269
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 19:42
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Contact:

Post by Dragonite »

bugylibicska wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:22
Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:41
anty1975 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:32
Don't think so, shoulder to shoulder challenge and German guy was stronger thats all :wink:
Totally objective comment here, no bias at all. :wink:

But I decided to go back on the Iplayer and look, and I think it is ultimately shoulder to shoulder. I think the Hungarian is trying to turn on impact so he's off balance and goes sprawling.
I've to watch again, but what I remember Gundogan was behind Orban, so how is possible shoulder to shoulder?
Image

"Shoulder to shoulder"... :grin1:

That's not a foul because it's the most famous player from the most famous and host team doing it to a less famous player from a less famous team. :sigh:
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)
User avatar
BurningStorm
Senior Member
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 00:02
Location: Germany

Post by BurningStorm »

Dragonite wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:28 That's not a foul because it's the most famous player from the most famous and host team doing it to a less famous player from a less famous team. :sigh:
Most famous player would be Kroos or Neuer (and Müller if he was on the pitch). But I said it before that Makkelie is indeed a home ref, I remember a horrible tackling on Kroos by an England player in the previous EURO, clear red card for me, he only gave a yellow. And then England - Denmark in the SF with the penalty... He was also a home ref in the Chelsea - BVB R16 2nd leg.
User avatar
Dragonite
Senior Member
Posts: 12269
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 19:42
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Contact:

Post by Dragonite »

BurningStorm wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:32
Dragonite wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:28 That's not a foul because it's the most famous player from the most famous and host team doing it to a less famous player from a less famous team. :sigh:
Most famous player would be Kroos or Neuer. But I said it before that Makkelie is indeed a home ref, I remember a horrible tackling on Kroos by an England player in the previous EURO, clear red card for me, he only gave a yellow. And then England - Denmark in the SF with the penalty... He was also a home ref in the Chelsea - BVB R16 2nd leg.
I'm not comparing Gundogan's fame with other German players, I'm comparing his fame with Orban's and Germany's fame with Hungary's.
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)
bugylibicska
Senior Member
Posts: 31059
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 17:21
Location: Canada

Post by bugylibicska »

Dragonite wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:28
bugylibicska wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:22
Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:41

Totally objective comment here, no bias at all. :wink:

But I decided to go back on the Iplayer and look, and I think it is ultimately shoulder to shoulder. I think the Hungarian is trying to turn on impact so he's off balance and goes sprawling.
I've to watch again, but what I remember Gundogan was behind Orban, so how is possible shoulder to shoulder?
Image

"Shoulder to shoulder"... :grin1:

That's not a foul because it's the most famous player from the most famous and host team doing it to a less famous player from a less famous team. :sigh:
Indeed, shoulder to shoulder. I didn't know that Orban's shoulder slipped down to his ass. :rollfloor:
Post Reply