Euro 2024 Group A: Germany - Scotland - Hungary - Switzerland

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Yes, he's behind and his shoulder hits Orban's shoulder. I don't think that contact is a foul, if he's not off balance it wouldn't have put him down.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Dragonite wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:33
BurningStorm wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:32
Dragonite wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:28 That's not a foul because it's the most famous player from the most famous and host team doing it to a less famous player from a less famous team. :sigh:
Most famous player would be Kroos or Neuer. But I said it before that Makkelie is indeed a home ref, I remember a horrible tackling on Kroos by an England player in the previous EURO, clear red card for me, he only gave a yellow. And then England - Denmark in the SF with the penalty... He was also a home ref in the Chelsea - BVB R16 2nd leg.
I'm not comparing Gundogan's fame with other German players, I'm comparing his fame with Orban's and Germany's fame with Hungary's.
You said "the most famous player from the most famous and host team", but I got your point and it's not the important part, obviously. :up: Same goes for my post in the quote.
Last edited by BurningStorm on Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

@bugylibicska Highlights are already up on BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/vi ... rr1xj3099o

Maybe you'll be able to see it regardless, but if you're still in the UK you'll definitely be able to see it.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:37 @bugylibicska Highlights are already up on BBC:

Maybe you'll be able to see it regardless, but if you're still in the UK you'll definitely be able to see it.
I'm back in Canada and it's blocked here. I'll watch if I can, but for me it's a blatant foul not shoulder to shoulder.
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

Scotland with 2 changes compared with their previous match:
Hanley instead of Porteous (suspended)
Gilmour instead of Christie

Switzerland with 1 change compared with their previous match:
Shaqiri instead of Duah
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:51
Club-Mate wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:48
Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:31 Seeing all these crowd shots takes me back to wondering why Germany are in this kit. You can see the odd one in the crowd if you look closely, but it's otherwise a sea of white.
don't worry these new kits are the best selling of all ones (the tv commentator just mentioned it at the beginning of this game). They are new on the market and the other white/black ones they already exist long time this could be the reason why you can see still more the white ones
What, the pink one is more popular than the white one?
the pink/blue version is much more selling at the moment than other kits - it's understandable they are new in the market and people probably find them more attractive.
Geh-Heim-Favorit statt Geheimfavorit 🇦🇹
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

McTominay scores a deflected goal, 1-0 Scotland!

Was a well built goal.
Hoopy

Post by Hoopy »

Scotland have started well but history usually suggests it won't last...
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Amateur mistake by Ralston, great shot from Shaqiri, 1-1!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

So many thunderous strikes from outside the box in this tournament so far. 1-1. Beautiful goal.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

bugylibicska wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:41
Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:37 @bugylibicska Highlights are already up on BBC:

I'm back in Canada and it's blocked here. I'll watch if I can, but for me it's a blatant foul not shoulder to shoulder.
When in doubt often would be decided for the bigger team, in this case Germany. The same yesterday, clear foul on a Czech player and not allowed and short time later Portugal scored. Similar big mistake of ref in the AUT vs FRA match. Baumgartner alone to Maignan, he saved by foot and then??? should be corner all right? no, kick off for France shortly later France scored their only goal. I could tell more sophistications here but I don't want to.
Last edited by Club-Mate on Wed Jun 19, 2024 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Geh-Heim-Favorit statt Geheimfavorit 🇦🇹
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Horrible mistake, Shaqiri didn't forget how to score pretty goals! I remember Dragonite missed him in the first game.

Club-Mate wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 20:59
Lorric wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:51
Club-Mate wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:48
don't worry these new kits are the best selling of all ones (the tv commentator just mentioned it at the beginning of this game). They are new on the market and the other white/black ones they already exist long time this could be the reason why you can see still more the white ones
What, the pink one is more popular than the white one?
the pink/blue version is much more selling at the moment than other kits - it's understandable they are new in the market and people probably find them more attractive.
Again, still clear less often than the new white one (which is also the most popular home jersey in a long time, so @Lorric is not the only one who likes it), but more than previous away jerseys (which is not difficult as they gained more attention because they are so different and hip and girls love it after the Barbie movie hype :grin1: ).

And yes, even CR7 junior got this for his birthday: https://www.fr.de/assets/images/34/864/ ... gxulBG.jpg

I hate them because it doesn't look like a Germany jersey and for experiments they can use their clubs around the world. For a club like Palermo its a tradition and I have no problem with it, looks decent in this case.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Switzerland got off to a slow start and were slow to pick up their level to something like what we saw vs Hungary but they're dominating now.
Hoopy

Post by Hoopy »

Ralston looks extremely uncomfortable and is being targeted, maybe Forrest would give more composure to that position
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

I don't really like that national teams start slowly to get away kits in the way the clubs do but indeed the ladies in my fam loved the German one today. :tongue: