Battle for important ranking positions 2024-25

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

offside wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 06:23 Now, my question is, does this KO round before the 1/8 of finals award coefficient points?

And if so, do the top 8 clubs of the GS get extra bonus points for qualifying directly to the 1/8 of finals?
It's the same as last year. Only points for the country ranking in the KO round, not for clubs individually. Also no extra points for the top 8: each club gets the same amount of points for qualifying for the round of 16.
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
offside

Post by offside »

bert.kassies wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 08:59
offside wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 06:23 Now, my question is, does this KO round before the 1/8 of finals award coefficient points?

And if so, do the top 8 clubs of the GS get extra bonus points for qualifying directly to the 1/8 of finals?
It's the same as last year. Only points for the country ranking in the KO round, not for clubs individually. Also no extra points for the top 8: each club gets the same amount of points for qualifying for the round of 16.
Ah ok. Thanks for the reply! :smile1:
eye

Post by eye »

bert.kassies wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 08:59

They don't get extra points for qualifying directly to R16 but they do get more bonus points for finishing higher in the league so practically they do get a kind of bonus for finishing at top8
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

Very happy with the Swedish clubs' draws. I may be delusional, but I have high hopes of Sweden coming back to 22nd and starting to look upward on the ranking.

Having drawn KI/Differdange 03 in CLQ2, Malmö are pretty much guaranteed league phase football.

Elfsborg had a fairly tough draw (Pafos) in ELQ1, and will likely play Sheriff in ELQ2 or Zalgiris in ECLQ2, meaning they will be seeded in the third round of either tournament. I am hoping we will see them in a play off round.

Djurgardens drew Progres Niederkorn in ECLQ2 and will be seeded throughout the rest of the qualifiers.

Hacken drew F91 Diddeleng in ECLQ2 and will be seeded in Q3 if they progress. Decent chances to reach the play offs as well.
mieszambeton

Post by mieszambeton »

Stadion wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 16:52 Very happy with the Swedish clubs' draws. I may be delusional, but I have high hopes of Sweden coming back to 22nd and starting to look upward on the ranking.

Having drawn KI/Differdange 03 in CLQ2, Malmö are pretty much guaranteed league phase football.

Elfsborg had a fairly tough draw (Pafos) in ELQ1, and will likely play Sheriff in ELQ2 or Zalgiris in ECLQ2, meaning they will be seeded in the third round of either tournament. I am hoping we will see them in a play off round.

Djurgardens drew Progres Niederkorn in ECLQ2 and will be seeded throughout the rest of the qualifiers.

Hacken drew F91 Diddeleng in ECLQ2 and will be seeded in Q3 if they progress. Decent chances to reach the play offs as well.
This draw is awesome
amenina

Post by amenina »

With the win by Lincoln Red Imps, Gibraltar overtook Belarus in the live rankings, so Belarus are now the 54th ranked league, only better than San Marino.
amenina

Post by amenina »

Faroe Islands now up to 34th in the live rankings, just one place shy of a Europa League qualifying place. It just blows my mind that they are ranked high than Kazakhstan, currently down at 40th.
seso

Post by seso »

Estonia, Wales and Gibraltar already surpassed their 2023-24 UEFA Country Coefficients.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

amenina wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 23:47 Faroe Islands now up to 34th in the live rankings, just one place shy of a Europa League qualifying place. It just blows my mind that they are ranked high than Kazakhstan, currently down at 40th.
We're very close to having Finland as the lowest ranked of the 6 Nordic leagues, I don't think this has ever happenned before.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Firnen wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 14:41
amenina wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 23:47 Faroe Islands now up to 34th in the live rankings, just one place shy of a Europa League qualifying place. It just blows my mind that they are ranked high than Kazakhstan, currently down at 40th.
We're very close to having Finland as the lowest ranked of the 6 Nordic leagues, I don't think this has ever happenned before.
Not surprising, for ex one of the best players in VPS Vaasa is a f*cking Evgeny Bashkirov :grin1: I know him from the time in the Russian league and he is really atrocious, was getting regular playing time in the Russian league only because of the limit on foreign players.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

anty1975 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 15:44
Firnen wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 14:41
Not surprising, for ex one of the best players in VPS Vaasa is a f*cking Evgeny Bashkirov :grin1: I know him from the time in the Russian league and he is really atrocious, was getting regular playing time in the Russian league only because of the limit on foreign players.
Vaasa is the "small" team of the 4 and faced the best team of Lithuania.
But the big names Kuopio and Helsinki having a 0-0 draw agaist the 6th of Luxembourg and a 3-0 defeat against the 9th of Lithuania is atrocious.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

Firnen wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 16:10 Vaasa is the "small" team of the 4 and faced the best team of Lithuania.
But the big names Kuopio and Helsinki having a 0-0 draw agaist the 6th of Luxembourg and a 3-0 defeat against the 9th of Lithuania is atrocious.
Finland is just not a football country, the biggest sport there is ice hockey. I think there are only 2 countries in Europe where football is not the biggest sport, Finland and Lithuania (basketball). May be also Estonia and Latvia but not sure.
seso

Post by seso »

anty1975 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 16:21 I think there are only 2 countries in Europe where football is not the biggest sport, Finland and Lithuania (basketball). May be also Estonia and Latvia but not sure.
Austria and Estonia: Skiing
ROI: Gaelic football
Finland: Ice hockey
Latvia and Lithuania: Basketball
All other European countries: Football
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

seso wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 16:47
anty1975 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 16:21 I think there are only 2 countries in Europe where football is not the biggest sport, Finland and Lithuania (basketball). May be also Estonia and Latvia but not sure.
Austria and Estonia: Skiing
In Latvia Ice hockey is very popular as well. The new Riga derby between Riga FC and RFS helped football recently.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

seso wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 16:47 Austria and Estonia: Skiing
Can you give a link? Have doubts esp about Austria and Ireland.