• Ordabasy (Kaz) 🇰🇿
• Vikingur Reykjavik (Isl) 🇮🇸
• Struga (Mac) 🇲🇰
• Differdange (Lux) 🇱🇺
• Decic (Mne) 🇲🇪
• Egnatia (Alb) 🇦🇱
• UE Santa Coloma (And) 🇦🇩
• Virtus (Sma) 🇸🇲

This is a very important round, because the winners will play in the 2nd CL Q. round and will need to win only one more European tie (with 3 chances at disposal) to play in the league stage of an European competition.

The losers will play in the 2nd Conference League Q. round, except for two "lucky" losers that will be qualified directly for the 3rd Conference League Q. round. These two lucky losers will be chosen by a draw on June 19th, during the draw for the 2nd Conference Q. round.
Last edited by matt on Sun Jun 16, 2024 14:24, edited 2 times in total.
International break hater
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Slovan Bratislava and Ludogorets should be too strong for the unseededs, I hope Dinamo Batumi will avoid them. I'll root also for Borac Banja Luka and Ordabasy to reach the 2nd round.
seso

Post by seso »

matt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 00:56 It's THAT time of the year again.
:clapping:
seso

Post by seso »

I will follow TNS, KI, Hamrun Spartans, Vikingur Reykjavik and UE Santa Coloma!
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

bugylibicska wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 04:10 Slovan Bratislava and Ludogorets should be too strong for the unseededs, I hope Dinamo Batumi will avoid them. I'll root also for Borac Banja Luka and Ordabasy to reach the 2nd round.
I would add Steaua to this duo. From the unseeded, Celje is a team to avoid, Ordabasy and Vikingur next in line. Actually, after rethinking a bit, I think that Celje would have a decent chance vs Slovan Bratislava or Steaua. Steaua - Celje is my wish for the draw.
offside

Post by offside »

matt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 00:56It's THAT time of the year again.
Is there any reliable and legitimate way to see few of these matches for free here? If so please let me know. Thanks.

I remember that I watched a stream of a Red Imps first round match on the youtube channel of the club few years ago, and it was pretty fun, but since then I always missed the action of these qualifying rounds, which are sometimes more appealing than most GS matches (I like the KO format the best).
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

offside wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:33
Is there any reliable and legitimate way to see few of these matches for free here? If so please let me know. Thanks.

I remember that I watched a stream of a Red Imps first round match on the youtube channel of the club few years ago, and it was pretty fun, but since then I always missed the action of these qualifying rounds, which are sometimes more appealing than most GS matches (I like the KO format the best).
I remember from previous years that Kazakh clubs were possible to watch on youtube. I hope for the same this year. Also Inter Escaldes from Andorra was possible to watch on twitch.

For other clubs it depends, sometimes there are streams on youtube or TV websites. Some of them are available for free, some of them have country restrictions (geo-blocked), some of them are not for free and you have to pay. It is always good to ask here, but when the matches are about to start, not now. :wink1:
offside

Post by offside »

Greyn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:05For other clubs it depends, sometimes there are streams on youtube or TV websites.
Thanks. Do you know which legitimate TV websites do usually stream the preliminary rounds of CL?
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Interesting how HJK will perform.

They will be seeded in CL Q2 draw as well, had some difficulties in the domestic league, but they seem to have recovered recently.

Their successful coach returned just a few months after his contract was not extended at the end of last season.
matt

Post by matt »

offside wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:33
You always find something on youtube, especially for Balkan clubs and further eastern ones. It's more difficult for Northern ones (they often make you pay for it, no thanks), if you have an account on a betting site (with just 1 or 2 € on it) you can watch a good chunk of the games in this way.

Among Northern teams, Wales and NI are the easiest to follow for free. I'll be back on this topic when the games start.
International break hater
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

offside wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:28
Greyn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:05For other clubs it depends, sometimes there are streams on youtube or TV websites.
Thanks. Do you know which legitimate TV websites do usually stream the preliminary rounds of CL?
I don't remember them. It depends from what country the club comes from. Estonian TV website broadcast Estonian clubs, Latvian TV website broadcast Latvian clubs and so on.

The best way to find legitimate streams is following clubs official twitter accounts. They publish there info where their matches will be available to watch, usually with a link to the stream.
offside

Post by offside »

@matt @Greyn
Thanks, appreciated feedback! :up:
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Greyn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 07:19
bugylibicska wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 04:10 Slovan Bratislava and Ludogorets should be too strong for the unseededs, I hope Dinamo Batumi will avoid them. I'll root also for Borac Banja Luka and Ordabasy to reach the 2nd round.
I would add Steaua to this duo. From the unseeded, Celje is a team to avoid, Ordabasy and Vikingur next in line. Actually, after rethinking a bit, I think that Celje would have a decent chance vs Slovan Bratislava or Steaua. Steaua - Celje is my wish for the draw.
Yes, Steaua are a bigger name than Slovan and Ludogorets together, but since their name was changed to FCSB their results are mediocre at best. In the last decade or so Cluj were the face of Romanian football, but they are fading badly, too. Celje, I don't know much about them, but if they're comparable to a good Maribor side or even Olimpija Ljubljana, then watch out for the seeded teams, otherwise no worries.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

bugylibicska wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 14:07 Yes, Steaua are a bigger name than Slovan and Ludogorets together, but since their name was changed to FCSB their results are mediocre at best. In the last decade or so Cluj were the face of Romanian football, but they are fading badly, too. Celje, I don't know much about them, but if they're comparable to a good Maribor side or even Olimpija Ljubljana, then watch out for the seeded teams, otherwise no worries.
I have much more trust in FCSB* as Romanian Champions than in CFR Cluj. True, Romanian league declined and recent results by FCSB were far from impressive. I still believe that FCSB will be more successful this season than Cluj were last years. Cluj under Petrescu (for me) were always boring and laughable team with their ultra-defensive tactics even against minnows. I think FCSB will have much more to offer in Europe this time.

We will see how good Celje are. Maribor declined significantly and Olimpija (except last season) were always well known for their failures against underdogs and embarrassing themselves in Europe. Now there is a chance for Celje. Being Slovenian Champions and finishing above Maribor and Olimpija suggest that they play football good enough for these early stages of the CLQ.

*I prefer to call the club "Steaua", but since overwhelming majority (if not all) forum members call the club "FCSB", I will also call this club this way on the forum since now.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Greyn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 15:50
bugylibicska wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 14:07 Yes, Steaua are a bigger name than Slovan and Ludogorets together, but since their name was changed to FCSB their results are mediocre at best. In the last decade or so Cluj were the face of Romanian football, but they are fading badly, too. Celje, I don't know much about them, but if they're comparable to a good Maribor side or even Olimpija Ljubljana, then watch out for the seeded teams, otherwise no worries.
I have much more trust in FCSB* as Romanian Champions than in CFR Cluj. True, Romanian league declined and recent results by FCSB were far from impressive. I still believe that FCSB will be more successful this season than Cluj were last years. Cluj under Petrescu (for me) were always boring and laughable team with their ultra-defensive tactics even against minnows. I think FCSB will have much more to offer in Europe this time.

We will see how good Celje are. Maribor declined significantly and Olimpija (except last season) were always well known for their failures against underdogs and embarrassing themselves in Europe. Now there is a chance for Celje. Being Slovenian Champions and finishing above Maribor and Olimpija suggest that they play football good enough for these early stages of the CLQ.

*I prefer to call the club "Steaua", but since overwhelming majority (if not all) forum members call the club "FCSB", I will also call this club this way on the forum since now.
I didn't know they changed their name. I thought people were just doing it for brevity and I called them Steaua too. It's a proud name, isn't it? Why did they change it to something so... Corporate looking?