2024/25 Champions League: 1st and 2nd qualifying rounds

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

kleber wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 19:14 Dynamo Kyiv in Belgrade,more Putin Chants....
Partizan have to play their home match behind closed doors after their match vs Sabah last year.

It will be another match Partizan - Dynamo match behind closed doors, after EL GS match in 2017.
Dragan Mance

Post by Dragan Mance »

I am pretty optimistic about this Partizan season.

Our best coach in 21st century is back. In his first tenure, he qualified with Partizan to Champions League back in 2010 after beating Anderlecht.

In his second tenure, we had great success in Conference League. Partizan had the toughest path to the group stage (Dunajska Streda, Sochi and Santa Clara) and after that, we finished in second place in group stage. In knockout phase, Partizan won both games against Sparta Prague and played solid tie against that great Feyenoord team.

So I am very confident that we'll pass Dynamo Kyiv in 2nd round. It's a good thing for us that fans won't be present at home because Russia/Ukraine situation, so I guess no need to worry about possible non-sport related things.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Aren't people underrating HJK a bit too much? I get that they might be considered a good draw for the unseeded, but they have quite a few GS participations to be already written out.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

mspm89 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 03:09 Aren't people underrating HJK a bit too much? I get that they might be considered a good draw for the unseeded, but they have quite a few GS participations to be already written out.
I'm sure they are underrated by many given they're not a big name in Europe in general, but I feel like they have been sitting at a perfect position in recent years as a fairly strong team in a poor league (very similar to Slovan Bratislava) where they are Champions every single year and only need to produce a couple of good results in qualifiers against weaker teams in order to guarantee group stage football.

Looking at their past few campaigns it looks like they haven't produced any impressive results at all:

2021/22: Beat Alashkert over two matches
2022/23: Eliminated Silkeborg in EL play offs, drew Ludogorets at home in the groups
2023/24: Eliminated Farul Constanța in ECL play offs, drew Aberdeen home and away in the groups

Apart from that it's all losses really. Very similar to Slovan Bratislava, who have been able to collect more points due to even easier groups. But pretty much no results against stronger opposition.
LeRonio

Post by LeRonio »

dyermcryan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 22:40 Hi folks, does anyone know what stadium FK Panevėžys plan to use for their CL QR1 tie? I'm unsure if they'll play at their normal home stadium of "Aukštaitija" or at the Sūduva Stadium (as they have done in recent european campaigns)?
CC @LeRonio , I hope you don't mind me mentioning you but you have helped with a Lithuania question in the past
It is hard to say at the moment, but according to one Lithuanian football podcast they will play in Panevezys. But it is not confirmed, and for me it is hard to believe because reconstruction is still going on. And if not in Panvezys, they will probably use Suduva stadium like last year.
KRB

Post by KRB »

Hooliganism
dyermcryan

Post by dyermcryan »

LeRonio wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 09:56
dyermcryan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 22:40 Hi folks, does anyone know what stadium FK Panevėžys plan to use for their CL QR1 tie? I'm unsure if they'll play at their normal home stadium of "Aukštaitija" or at the Sūduva Stadium (as they have done in recent european campaigns)?
CC @LeRonio , I hope you don't mind me mentioning you but you have helped with a Lithuania question in the past
It is hard to say at the moment, but according to one Lithuanian football podcast they will play in Panevezys. But it is not confirmed, and for me it is hard to believe because reconstruction is still going on. And if not in Panvezys, they will probably use Suduva stadium like last year.
Thank you for the information mate, I appreciate it!
kosovo

Post by kosovo »

Ballkani - UE Santa Coloma

The first match will be played at Estadi Nacional in Andorra, while Stadiumi "Zahir Pajaziti" (TBC) will host the return leg.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

kosovo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 20:09 Ballkani - UE Santa Coloma

The first match will be played at Estadi Nacional in Andorra, while Stadiumi "Zahir Pajaziti" (TBC) will host the return leg.
Does it mean that Llapi's stadium meets the requirements and will be also the venue for EL Q1?
kosovo

Post by kosovo »

Juliusz wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 20:35
kosovo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 20:09 Ballkani - UE Santa Coloma

Does it mean that Llapi's stadium meets the requirements and will be also the venue for EL Q1?
Yes, according to our local media reports and Llapi's officials, the stadium has achieved UEFA's 2nd category status, allowing it to host matches up to the second round in all three competitions. However, the stadium currently lacks floodlights. Considering the high temperatures in Kosovo, it seems hard to play football matches during daylight hours. I doubt UEFA might force all clubs to play in Prishtina instead but, we'll need to wait for UEFA to confirm the venues.

Edit: Stadiumi Zahir Pajaziti will host all three matches of Kosovar clubs in the 1st qualifying round, as confirmed by UEFA.
seso

Post by seso »

Just 12 days remaining for TNS vs Dečić and the other great matches!
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

I was hoping to find a few names in the Georgia team who play for Dinamo Batumi, but found only one: MF: Giorgi Tsitaishvili (Dinamo Batumi). 2 players for Dinamo Tbilisi and all the rest play for foreign clubs.
seso

Post by seso »

FK Panevėžys vs HJK will be the first match of the new European club season! I expect an easy win for Klubi!
matt

Post by matt »

Panevezys - HJK 15-85
Hamrun - Lincoln 55-45
RFS - Larne 60-40
Ordabasy - Petrocub 55-45
Slovan Bratislava - Struga 75-25
Virtus - FCSB 1-99
UE Santa Coloma - Ballkani 10-90
Borac Banja Lula - Egnatia 55-45
The New Sants - Decic 60-40
Flora - Celje 25-75