A brief journey through Europe`s top 5 leagues

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Les_Canaris

Post by Les_Canaris »

Once again you underestimate a French team, Nice are better than some of you are giving credit for. Are they Champions League quality? No i actually don't believe they are not under the current team but the Coach is Champions League worthy which means they will be trained well and be harder to beat than you think.

They have more promising players who will probably leave Nice, the hope for them is that they try and keep these players for one more season at least.

If they keep. Cardinale, Sarr, Cyprien, Ballotelli*, Eysseric, Pléa and Seri they have building blocks to a good team for next season.

*Ballotelli depending on what Nice fan you ask might even say that they now play better without him in the team.

This season they played weak in Europe but after the 1st group match they didn't care they had made a good start to Ligue 1 that they just turned 100% to look at Ligue 1, this has paid off very much as they will finish 3rd which is far greater than winning a few group matches in the Europa League for a team like Nice. Remember this is almost over 50 years since Nice finished this high.
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

Les_Canaris wrote:Once again you underestimate a French team, Nice are better than some of you are giving credit for. Are they Champions League quality? No i actually don't believe they are not under the current team but the Coach is Champions League worthy which means they will be trained well and be harder to beat than you think.

They have more promising players who will probably leave Nice, the hope for them is that they try and keep these players for one more season at least.
We are talking about a team who finished 4th in the ELGS. And was kicked by a team from Cyprus 3 years before. When they will be able to win a tie in Europe, they will get some consideration.
Les_Canaris

Post by Les_Canaris »

They played a weak team in matches, this shows where there thoughts were. once they started well in Ligue 1 they turned their full attention to Ligue 1.
Mind you aren't you the guy who thinks winning the Europa League means more than your domestic league.
Last edited by Les_Canaris on Fri Apr 21, 2017 00:54, edited 2 times in total.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Overgame wrote:
Les_Canaris wrote:Once again you underestimate a French team, Nice are better than some of you are giving credit for. Are they Champions League quality? No i actually don't believe they are not under the current team but the Coach is Champions League worthy which means they will be trained well and be harder to beat than you think.

We are talking about a team who finished 4th in the ELGS. And was kicked by a team from Cyprus 3 years before. When they will be able to win a tie in Europe, they will get some consideration.
But it was only because they didn't prioriteres the European games.
And also the ref. was an idiot ;)
Les_Canaris

Post by Les_Canaris »

SteffenM wrote:
Overgame wrote:

I never said the ref was an idiot don't put words into my mouth i don't appreciate it.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Les_Canaris wrote:
SteffenM wrote:
Overgame wrote:
I never said the ref was an idiot don't put words into my mouth i don't appreciate it.
I was trying to making a point,
however, fair enough, but you shouldn't do it to others then.

And also it seems a bit to strecthed to say people underestimate a team which became last in their EL GS.
Maybe - maybe not, did they priorites EL, however their result will be pointed out.
Exactly like it has been done towards English teams with the likes of West Ham who made a fool out of themself, whenever they priorited the EL or not.
Les_Canaris

Post by Les_Canaris »

I asked overgame a question not that he said something. you need to stop coming into a two way conversation and trying to add your opinion.

I don't really care what people said about West Ham, I'm just pointing out that Nice didn't care once they started well in Ligue 1, how is that hard to understand?
Last edited by Les_Canaris on Fri Apr 21, 2017 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Les_Canaris wrote:I asked overgame a question not that he said something. you need to stop coming into a two way conversation and trying to add your opinion.
Sorry about that.
I missed out on the point of a public forum.
Les_Canaris

Post by Les_Canaris »

No you you stumbled into a conversation I was having with someone and thought you'd be a smart ass by saying stuff i have never said to try and ridicule me for some reason.

I shouldn't need to tell you not to make things up about what I said and didn't say but you did it anyway, tells me what sort of person you are really.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Well, I will give you so much,
my first comment was made as fun point said with a blink in the eye, but might be difficult to get for the French users, or at least those who teams up with Malko.
Les_Canaris

Post by Les_Canaris »

So Because I'm french and support French teams and France National team and stick up for them I must be Malko.

Okay I understand it

Yeah Nice are rubbish imagine not being able to beat a team from Cyprus. I mean they should sack all the players from Nice I mean they have no good players anyway, They'll get beat no problem regardless of who they play.

Happy now Sire. let me kneel infront you and ask for forgiveness, i'll never show my support for France again, instead from now i'll just call them all crap without proper reference.... i must fit in this is what everyone else does i must do it too.

P.S. I don't care what you think of me maybe you haven't noticed.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Not because you are French, but because how you write.
Theres is obviously other French users, who I love to follow and read comments and analyses from.

Now this is just caricatured and sad.
Nothing good comes out of this.

Goodnight, good sir.
Les_Canaris

Post by Les_Canaris »

Oh please sir tell me the rules to follow.

1) Don't even be slightly positive about French football, If you are make sure your liked by the "cool kids" first.
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

Listen, I am seriously annoyed with the attitude in France "Oh we are strong but we don't care about a trophy we never won, we'd rather try to be 5th in our domestic league and qualify for the exact same competition next year". The point is : if you never won it, PERHAPS, I say PERHAPS, your teams are not as good as you think ? If your teams almost never go far, PERHAPS, I say PERHAPS, your teams are not good ? If many of your teams are out BEFORE the second round, around the middle of the season, when they cannot reach the CL spots anymore, PERHAPS, I say PERHAPS, your team are really average ?

Do I need to point again ALL the failure in the qualifiers and GS from the french teams ? Actually, the results are showing that the top teams from the 7-10th countries are (almost) on par with the subtop teams from the top countries. Be it in CL and EL. The subtop teams are just one league below the subtop teams of the 4 highest ranked countries. Nothing else.

But this is the usual excuse in France "oh you don't say we are great, that's becaise nobody likes the poor frenchies". No, we just don't like your attitude.
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Club-Mate wrote:But Red Bull mentiones that even in Salzburg there is less than 30 % influence as Salzburg's trasfer incomes axcumulates now close to 100 miill. the last 3-4 years. So the financial influence is decreasing. This can be important for Uefa to get the licens for CL
I would deduct all transfer fees coming from RB Leipzig from those 100 million Euro. As all their money is also from Red Bull.
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."