CL draw

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Malko

Post by Malko »

Rooster91 , it is not because PSG has more points, that the The Ligue 1 would be at a lower level. It is probably the case for the places 2-8 right now, but below that, the Ligue 1 becomes stronger than the Bundesliga, that's sure if you see the games.....I would not name Bayern on the same level this year than real, and far away from Barcelona. Even if i see results like Rayo vs real, in France you do not have them......so i think that even in spain, the lower teams are weaker....only exception : England. the lower teams are technically weaker, but they fight 90+ minutes at 100%.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Malko wrote:t is probably the case for the places 2-8 right now, but below that, the Ligue 1 becomes stronger than the Bundesliga, that's sure if you see the games.....
Dortmund were 17th exact a year ago and still able to top their CL group over Arsenal. Not a bad sign. :clapping: Augsburg did a great job too for being in relegation zone. Feel free to justify your claims.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:Rooster91 , it is not because PSG has more points, that the The Ligue 1 would be at a lower level. It is probably the case for the places 2-8 right now, but below that, the Ligue 1 becomes stronger than the Bundesliga, that's sure if you see the games.....I would not name Bayern on the same level this year than real, and far away from Barcelona. Even if i see results like Rayo vs real, in France you do not have them......so i think that even in spain, the lower teams are weaker....only exception : England. the lower teams are technically weaker, but they fight 90+ minutes at 100%.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rollfloor: :rollfloor: :rollfloor: :rollfloor: :rollfloor:

Let's decide the strength of the league based on comparisons of teams that will never get to play one another. This seems to be saying, "Maybe our top teams can't beat your top teams, but our worst teams can wallop your worst teams." (Betcha they can't :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Rooster91 wrote:
Malko wrote:Bad, that it's a fantastic year for Barcelona and real too who seem ahead of all other teams this year.
Real has a fantastic year so far? I wouldn't say that. Barcelona does. Bayern is having a regular season, they could do better though. PSG is having a fantastic season also, but it's slightly lower level than la liga or bundesliga. As for Real, I think it would be the best choice for Paris in the QFs (if I had to choose between those three: Bayern, Barcelona, Real), in case they"ll pass Chelsea ofc. Can't predict how Chelsea will look like after two months under Hiddink.
Real with a fantastic year :?: No, Malko has confused them with Atlético, which is having a fantastic year under Cholo Simeone. There is "mar de fondo" ("negative undercurrents," to translate liberally) at Real. The fans aren't happy, the players aren't terribly happy . . . They beat 9-man Rayo ( :cry: :cry: :cry: ) to a pulp, but that came on the heels of the devastating loss at Villarreal . . . and :oops: :oops: :oops: the expulsion from the Copa del Rey :oops: :oops: :oops: , one of the low points in Real's august history :!:
Malko

Post by Malko »

concerningReal, a year....i meant a season, and the seson is over when it's over.......Real became first in the only CL group where there was a team which could have prevent that, and now scores 10 goals in a game........ .

BurningStorm, the "lower" teams are not those who are at a lower place in some moment, and definately, Dortmund is NOT a lower team.... is speak of Hannover, Darmstadt,.....compared to Bordeaux, Montpellier....even Mainz to Lorient.....
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:concerningReal, a year....i meant a season, and the seson is over when it's over.......Real became first in the only CL group where there was a team which could have prevent that, and now scores 10 goals in a game........ .
But Real can't handle the top teams in their own league this season. Real Barça 0-4, Atleti-Real 1-1, Villarreal-Real 1-0, Sevilla-Real 3-2, and the "icing on the cake," Sporting-Real 0-0; Real-Málaga 0-0. And they have yet to play Valencia and Dépor.

Incidentally, you're likely to be held to what you actually say rather than what you actually meant.
Last edited by AlanK on Wed Dec 23, 2015 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Malko wrote: BurningStorm, the "lower" teams are not those who are at a lower place in some moment, and definately, Dortmund is NOT a lower team.... is speak of Hannover, Darmstadt,.....compared to Bordeaux, Montpellier....even Mainz to Lorient.....
Ah... makes sense... :|

by the way: Means nothing, but interesting:
https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/sta ... 0723357697
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

Well to be fair, even last year, I never considere Dortmund as a "small" team, even when they were 17th. Like Chelsea now. But the rest of Malko's post is just, again, a "my d**k is bigger than yours", even when we see the results of Lyon and Monaco. And this happens every year.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Wekk, we'll see. Maybe Juve makes an end to all this Bayernmania.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

UEFA reduces Dynamo Kiev sanctions ahead of Manchester City clash

Dynamo Kiev's Champions League last-16 clash with Manchester City later this month will no longer be held behind closed doors after UEFA lifted its ban.

The first leg of their tie on February 24 had been set to be played with no fans present after the Ukrainian champions were were fined €100,000 and ordered to play two UEFA home matches behind closed doors – with a third suspended – after charges of racist behaviour, crowd disturbances and of having blocked stairways at the Olympic Stadium against Chelsea on October 20.

However, UEFA has reduced the sanctions after Dynamo launched an appeal.

A UEFA statement read: "The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body's decision of 24 November 2015 is amended as follows:

"1. To order the Dynamo Kyiv to play one UEFA competition match as host club behind closed doors.

"As the club has already played one match behind closed doors during the UEFA Champions League 2015/2016 match FC Dynamo Kyiv vs Maccabi Tel-Aviv played on 9 December 2015, the club has already served this sanction.

"2. To fine Dynamo Kyiv € 50,000."
kleber

Post by kleber »

good news for Dynamo.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

kleber wrote:good news for Dynamo.
Yes. And Man City play Chelsea away on the 21st Sunday in the FA Cup and then on the 28th Sunday against Liverpool in the League Cup final at Wembley. The Dynamo - City game is scheduled between those 2 games for the 24th on Wednesday!
greenbay

Post by greenbay »

Those two not being EPL matches, I doubt that they will really care and will rest quite a few starters. City are not interested in securing an EL spot. They'll send their best XI, well rested, to Kiev.
"Put it in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it over and over again."
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

greenbay wrote:Those two not being EPL matches, I doubt that they will really care and will rest quite a few starters. City are not interested in securing an EL spot. They'll send their best XI, well rested, to Kiev.
Pellegrini already threatens to send out a youth team against Chelsea in the FA Cup if the FA won`t reschedule the game from Sunday to Saturday. From the other side of his mouth he`s talking about the possibility to step down with winning all 4 trophies. Arsene with the treble and Manuel with one more, nice wet dreams! :roll:
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

To my big surprise and obvious disappointment the Canadian sport channels won`t show the PSG - Chelsea and Juventus - Bayern ties at all, not even from tape. I don`t think it ever happened before. I`m curious how is it in other countries like in the States, Latin America, Australia and Europe? These games obviously the most interesting ones, could it be they`re put on pay-per-view or just my ``poor`` provider were not able to purchase them? :shock: