Turkish Season 15-16

Domestic league and cup football
----staradam---

Post by ----staradam--- »

----staradam---

Post by ----staradam--- »

Beşiktaş clinched the 2015-2016 Super League title, ending more than half a decade without a title, sparking wild celebrations in Istanbul and Turkey

Driven on by over 40,000 fans inside their new stadium Vodafone Arena on the Bosporus, Beşiktaş thrashed Osmanlıspor 3-1 to gain an unassailable advantage over local Istanbul rivals Fenerbahçe going into the coming week's final round of games. The end to the over half-decade title drought sparked delirious celebrations in Istanbul, with thousands fans of the Black Eagles lighting flares outside the stadium and setting off firecrackers.

German international striker Mario Gomez, the standout player for Beşiktaş this season and one of the most successful foreign imports into Turkish football in recent years."There was a great atmosphere and I went through all kinds of emotion. For me this season has been like a dream," Gomez says.

Beşiktaş coach Şenol Güneş said it was now the turn of Beşiktaş to shine after years of domination by Istanbul rivals Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray.

"Fenerbahçe are a good team, a strong team, but we are better. Everyone is looking at Beşiktaş with respect," he said.

bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Final Standing

Table :

79 - Beşiktaş
78 -
77 -
76 -
75 -
74 - Fenerbahçe
73 -
72 -
71 -
70 -
69 -
68 -
67 -
66 - Torku Konyaspor
65 -
64 -
63 -
62 -
61 -
60 -
59 - Medipol Başakşehir
58 -
57 -
56 -
55 -
54 -
53 -
52 - Osmanlıspor
51 - Galatasaray
50 - Kasımpaşa
49 -
48 -
47 -
46 - Akhisar Bld.
45 - Gençlerbirliği / Antalyaspor
44 - Bursaspor
43 -
42 -
41 -
40 - Trabzonspor
39 -
38 -
37 - Çaykur Rizespor
36 - Gaziantepspor
35 -
34 - Kayserispor
33 -
32 -
31 - Sivasspor
30 - Eskişehirspor
29 -
28 -
27 -
26 -
25 -
24 -
23 -
22 -
21 - Mersin İY

Champions League Group Stage
Champions League NCQ3
Europa League Group Stage (Cup Winner)
Europa League Q3
Europa League Q2
Relegation
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

* Fenerbahçe not only lost the title, but got punsihed by FFP (UEFA) - fine of 2.000.000 € and might go up until 7.500.000€, squad limit (Fener can only register 22 players next season) and so on.
* Trabzon, which finished a terrible season with a 0-6 home loss got a similar fine.
* Galatasaray's last chance to purge their 1-year-ban next season is to win the national cup by beating Fener.
* Adanaspor and Kardemir Karabükspor are promoted to Süper Lig and the 3rd team to join them will be known after play-offs.
Black Eagles 1903
apurvdanke

Post by apurvdanke »

Galatasaray has won the turkish cup, thanks to lukas podolski's winner. In doing so, probably he has become a galatasaray legend by scoring in such an important match. It also ensures that galatasaray will serve a 1 year ban instead of 2 years from European football. I don't know whether they have appealed in CAS or not. I don't think vitor pereira will remain fenerbahce coach.
Regards,
Apurv
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Good for our coefficient points in the long term (only 1 year without european cups, it could have been two had they lost).
After the first game v Braga, Fenerbahçe was dreaming to lift 3 trophies. Now they got none.

When Besiktas lost against Sporting, I did say that the early elimination from EL would be an advantage for us in the league. And likewise, the early give up in the league from Galatasaray was beneficial for the national cup. Fenerbahçe, which was the overall best team (results in the league + cup + european cup combined), finished without any cup at all.

Even in basketball, Galatasaray won an european cup whereas Fener lost in the euroleague final in a cruel way. Hard year for Fener fans.
Black Eagles 1903
apurvdanke

Post by apurvdanke »

that is true, besiktas benefited from the EL elimination, but really you expect any one of the big 3 to qualify from the EL group stage at least; wheareas CL last 16 qualification is another story altogether. The cup win is only considered a consolation in Turkey. Its not that important as the league title. Wheareas in england the FA cup is considered a very prestigious title.

Galatasaray can build next year but only if they give the current coach (or any other) at least 3 years without worrying about results. All this chopping and changing has really affected them badly. They should have persisted with Hamzaoglu. I think if Riekerink is given time he can produce results with this team. Podolski seems to be growing in stature. Sinan Gumus is a very bright talent, they should nurture him.

Fener was unfortunate with refereeing in the EL against Braga, but there have been countless instances where they have profited from the referees in the domestic scene. So they shouldnt complain that much.

I am really excited to see how Konyaspor go in the EL, and also how Istanbul Basaksehir play in the qualification. Aykut Kocaman is an astute coach, he guided Fener to the semis a few years ago.
Regards,
Apurv
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

apurvdanke wrote:I don't know whether they have appealed in CAS or not.
They probably did but the odds of any change is really low, almost zero. UEFA is really cautious and the FFP.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

In Danish Media it is written Bruno Alves will leave Fenerbache if Daniel Agger joins Fenerbache.

Of course I hope Agger will join, as it could be fun 2 have NT players in same club (alongside Simon Kjær)
But not sure why Alves wanna leave, sure he wanna play, but doesn't Fenerbache have enough games to have 3 good central defenders?

Also booking, injuires etc. Aggers health, isn't what it once has been.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

SteffenM wrote:In Danish Media it is written Bruno Alves will leave Fenerbache if Daniel Agger joins Fenerbache.

Of course I hope Agger will join, as it could be fun 2 have NT players in same club (alongside Simon Kjær)
But not sure why Alves wanna leave, sure he wanna play, but doesn't Fenerbache have enough games to have 3 good central defenders?

Also booking, injuires etc. Aggers health, isn't what it once has been.
Well I do not think that Bruno Alves wants to leave, but instead Fenerbahçe do not want to keep him.
He is old (34 years old) and expensive salary wise. Remember that FFP is following Fenerbahçe's case closely.

Michael Kadlec, Ba, Fabiano and Lazar Markoviç have already left the team. Should follow Raul Meireles, Bruno Alves, Gökhan Gönül, Caner Erkin,..
+ Nani and Van Persie that they are trying to sell at good price (China?)
Black Eagles 1903
Thunder_PT

Post by Thunder_PT »

SteffenM wrote:In Danish Media it is written Bruno Alves will leave Fenerbache if Daniel Agger joins Fenerbache.
The Portuguese media is writing Bruno Alves will leave no matter what. A return to FC Porto is a possibility. He's not that great, but Porto's central defence is an absolute disgrace right now and the team lacks identity and winners, which is where Bruno Alves could be useful. Our captain this season was Héctor Herrera, a guy on his third season at the club and who only ever won one title at Porto, the supercup 3 years ago. Bruno Alves is the kind of guy who could tell the new players what Porto is all about and that not winning is unacceptable.
SteffenM

Post by SteffenM »

Thanks for the great answers, and yeah that makes sense :)

I also just read all players in Fenerbache are buyable, except for Simon Kjær,
Then let's see if Chelsea agrees. ;)