Bulgarian Football Season 2016/2017

Domestic league and cup football
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

LeRonio wrote:Do you know the budgets of Bulgarian clubs ? And are they increasing year after year, or they stay the same ?
Tbh, I don't know them, really.
I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Owner of Bulgaria's Biggest Telecom Acquires Levski Football Club

Businessman Spas Rusev has been officially announced as the new owner of Levski PFC, one of Bulgaria's key football teams.

Rusev, 62, has received voluntarily all shares of the trio that ran the club over the past year.

This has been the second transfer of ownership in a bit more than a year after June 2015.

Long-time owner Todor Batkov then passed the club into the hands of three shareholders: Ivo Tonev, Aleksandar Angelov, and Nikolay Ivanov.

Rusev, who bought the leading Bulgarian telecom Vivacom early this year, is quoted by 24 Chasa as saying at a press conference.

He has vowed to avoid interference in the debt-ridden team's professional affairs.

"My task is to ensure the appropriate working conditions for the football players and the club's team," Rusev has argued.

Estimates of Capital Daily suggest Levski Sofia has a total debt of BGN 20 M (approximately EUR 10 M) either to the National Revenue Agency of Bulgaria or to other parties.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

On Thursday, 25. August 2016, the groups for the UEFA Champions League were drawn at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco. PFC Ludogorets Razgrad from pot 4 will be competing in Group A with Paris Saint-Germain FC, Arsenal FC and FC Basel 1893. Ludogorets´s first fixture will take place on 13. September 2016, where the Bulgarian Champions will face FC Basel 1893 at St. Jakob-Park.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Romanian coach Edward Iordanescu, son of former national team coach Anghel Iordanescu, has been appointed coach of the Bulgarian football team CSKA Sofia in an attempt to revive their fortunes following a mediocre start to the season, the Bulgarian club reported on Wednesday.

The 38-year-old Edward Iordanescu is to replace Hristo Yanev, who resigned on Sunday, a day after CSKA drew 1-1 away against Pirin Blagoevgrad.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Bulgaria Defeats Luxembourg 4:3 in 2018 World Cup Qualifiers

Bulgaria's national football team has secured a tough victory against Luxembourg in a FIFA World Cup qualifiers game in Sofia.

The Bulgarians rank first in its A group after winning as other teams have ended tied in their first games.

Bulgaria's first goal was in the 16th minute, with Dimitar Rangelov scoring. It was not until the second half (60') that Aurelién Joachim of Luxembourg tied, scoring again in just two minutes.

Marcelinho and Ivelin Popov, in 60' and 79', brought a twist to the game and the result was 3:2 for Bulgaria as the second half was about to end.

However, Florian Bohmert scored in the 91st minute.

The game did not end in a tie as Alexandar Tonev did the same just a minute later.

National coach Ivaylo Petev later said there had been "unacceptable" mistakes in his team's defense.

Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp2hAuFTzeY
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets, Basel Tied 1:1 in Champions League Group Game

Ludogorets Razgrad and Basel ended tied in a game of Champions League group stage in Switzerland on Tuesday.

Jonathan Cafú of Ludogorets was the first to score just before the halftime, with the Bulgarian club heading for a secure victory until Renato Steffen made another successful kick in 11 minutes before the game ended.

Ludogorets were more successful when it came to ball possession and rarely allowed their opponent to make it deep into their half of the pitch, but a mistake in the end could have resulted in a defeat.

Highlights
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... 03651.html
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

CSKA Professional Football Club Slides into Insolvency

PFC CSKA AD, the entity behind which once stood one of Bulgaria's top football clubs, has been declared bankrupt by the Sofia City Court.

The decision applies as of September 09, the date of the ruling, and can be appealed within six days of its inclusion into the Commercial Register, local sports media report.

A distraint has been imposed on the entity's assets.

CSKA Sofia, the team managed by debt-ridden PFC CSKA AD, was taken out of the top football division of Bulgaria after its license was revoked over prolonged debts.

Subsequently, entrepreneurs Grisha Ganchev and Vasil Bozhkov tried to initiate plans to recover the club which failed, with Ganchev later setting up his own entity - CSKA-Sofia, which was admitted into the first football division (a new format of Bulgaria's top football division set up earlier this year) this summer.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Champions League: Ludogorets Defeated by PSG in Sofia

Ludogorets Razgrad has lost to Paris Saint-Germain in the first half of a Champions League group stage game in Sofia.

After a first half in which the two teams were tied 1:1, the guests from Paris gained an advantage of two goals in a matter of 15 minutes into the second one.

On the Bulgarian side, Natanael scored as early as the 16th munute.

A few minutes before the half-time, in the 41st minute, Matuidi of PSG kicked into Ludogorets' goal, bringing the result to 1:1.

Cavani scored the second and the third goal in the 56th and 60th minute, respectively.

Cosmin Moţi of Ludogorets missed a penalty kick in the 59th minute.

Ludogorets is facing Basel and Arsenal later on in the group stage.

Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmdGkUNYTg
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Petev swaps Bulgaria for Dinamo Zagreb

Ivaylo Petev has been unveiled as the new coach of Dinamo Zagreb, leaving his post is charge of Bulgaria to sign a two-year deal with the Croatian champions while Petar Hubchev has taken over his former national-team role.

The 41-year-old Petev had been coach of the Bulgarian national team since 2014 following spells as Ludogorets Razgrad, Levski Sofia and AEL Limassol, but has now opted for a new challenge at Dinamo, explaining: "I'm happy to come to Dinamo. Twice before we couldn't agree terms, but this time I think the moment was right. I always wanted to work at a club like this.

"I only have success on my mind," added Petev, who takes over with Dinamo bottom of UEFA Champions League Group H having conceded seven goals without scoring in losing both their games so far, and third in the Croatian First League. "I want us to become a great team. We have a lot of work to do, and it won't be easy, but we'll work hard and I'm sure Dinamo will be back where they belong."

"This is big news," said Dinamo director Tomislav Svetina. "We got Petev as we strongly believe he's the best choice for us. He's young, full of motivation, has some great results behind him, and he knows this team. It's not easy to take over before the big derby against Hajduk, but he wanted to do that."

Dinamo are at home to Hajduk Split on Sunday; Petev's first UEFA Champions League assignment will be against Sevilla in Zagreb on 18 October.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Petar Hubchev was officially appointed as the new "A" national team coach.

The executive board of the Bulgarian Football Union voted unanimously for the 52-years old manager, who will be in charge untill the end of the Word Cup qualifiers campaign. Hubchev will debut on the bench of the "Lions" at "Stad de France" against France on 7 October and three days later will lead the national team against Sweden in Solna. Both games are from the group "A" of the World Cup qualifiers, where Bulgaria started with a difficult 4:3 win against Luxembourg in Sofia three weeks ago.

Georgi Donkov, Levon Apkaryan and Armen Ambartsumyan will be Hubchev's assistants. The official presentation of the coach is going to take place in "Rodina hall" at the National stadium "Vassil Levski" at 17:00 on Monday, 3 October. The first training session of the team will take place at the stadium one hour later.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »