EL 2nd qualifying round 2017-18

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

anty1975 wrote:
GoingDown wrote:Tomorrow the game against Hajduk will be the most important for the whole season for Levski.
We need time for our squad, and if we will im sure we will not have any big problems against Brondby.
We already signed Jordi Gomez, and tommorow Gabriel Obertan and a Primera Division central defender will sign with Levski, Thats why is more than important to win against Hajduk. Too bad we will not have fans on the stadium... scew you uefa...

The chances are 65:35 for Hajduk
You think several has-beens would improve Levski so much? :D Anything can happen in football but Brondby would be massive favourites regardless of those signings thats if Levski overcome Hajduk and I very much doubt it.
Brondby are favourites against Hajduk, let alone Levski.
Michael S Collins

Post by Michael S Collins »

Ah, well, what the forum be without wonderfully overconfident predictions of success at times from somewhat biased quarters! Even I once predicted success for Hibs and Hearts in EL ties - must have been drunk, really.
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

GoingDown wrote:Tomorrow the game against Hajduk will be the most important for the whole season for Levski.
We need time for our squad, and if we will im sure we will not have any big problems against Brondby.
We already signed Jordi Gomez, and tommorow Gabriel Obertan and a Primera Division central defender will sign with Levski, Thats why is more than important to win against Hajduk. Too bad we will not have fans on the stadium... scew you uefa...

The chances are 65:35 for Hajduk
ClubElo.com thinks it's more like 86.4 for Hajduk.
EarlofBug

Post by EarlofBug »

Thunder_PT wrote:
EarlofBug wrote:
Michael S Collins wrote: Scotland v Westeros 0-5

I'm usually cool with European football names but I have a right cold sweat trying to type out Midjytlland at times. Always get the middle group of letters in the wrong order.
Lol! I guess it's maybe 3-5.
Isn't Scotland a part of Westeros? Westeros is supposed to be Britain, and Scotland is the part that lies north of the great wall :)
The map kind of resembles it, and the wall does seem inspired on Hadrian's wall, so you'd be correct. But it's meant to be much larger, the size of South America according to George RR Martin, and some parts of it are inspired in other cultures (Dorne, certainly). :)

Sorry for the off-topic.
The points is that the wildlings are the Scots :D
matt

Post by matt »

Let's hope in a more satisfying football day tomorrow. Finger cross for Kairat and Ostersunds, but also for Altach, Aberdeen, Odd, Irtysh, Lyngby, Cork City, Beitar.
Jagiellonia - Qabala could be interesting.
International break hater
Todor

Post by Todor »

Countries, which might end their European adventure tonight:

Estonia: Kalju Nomme, lost at home 0:3 to Videoton
Latvia: Liepaja, lost at home 0:2 to Suduva
Malta: Valleta, away to Utrecht. First leg result: 0:0
Ireland: Both Cork City and Shamrock have a mountain to climb after narrow losses at home to AEK Larnaca and Mlada Boleslav respectively
Luxemburg: Both Fola and Niederkorn lost their first legs by 1:0, albeit Fola away to Inter Baku, whilst Niederkorn at home to AEL Limassol
Finland: Both remaining clubs HJK (lost 1:3 away to Skendija) and VPS (lost 0:2 away to Brondby) are in disadvantage
Slovakia: All three remaining clubs are in disadvantage after the first leg: Ruzemberok (lost 0:1 at home to Brann), Slovan (lost 0:1 at home to Lyngby) and Trenchin (drew 1:1 at home with Bnei Yehuda)
Bosnia and Herzegovina: Zeljeznicar drew at home 0:0 with AIK, Siroki Breg drew away 1:1 with Aberdeen
Albania: Skenderbeu drew away 1:1 with Kairat
Montenegro: One team left Mladost with a clear advantage after the away win 1:0 against Sturm.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

At 4 a.m. last night this happened in front of the hotel in Sofia where Hajduk players and staff were sleeping:
https://www.facebook.com/hajduckevijest ... 281871917/

This adds to the clashes between fans of both clubs in Croatia last week, and insults that Hajduk team was "greeted" with when they arrived to Sofia.

Good thing that this match is played behind closed doors tonight, because I don't see how this match would've finished without fan riots.
Todor

Post by Todor »

nogomet wrote:At 4 a.m. last night this happened in front of the hotel in Sofia where Hajduk players and staff were sleeping:

This adds to the clashes between fans of both clubs in Croatia last week, and insults that Hajduk team was "greeted" with when they arrived to Sofia.

Good thing that this match is played behind closed doors tonight, because I don't see how this match would've finished without fan riots.
I don't understand where this animosity came from. I've never heard of bitter feelings between Bulgaria and Croatia, nor between Levski and Haiduk in particular. As I only read the Bulgarian half of the story, I'm not going to point a finger at anyone, but it is a shame for all the fans involved from both sides.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Todor wrote:I don't understand where this animosity came from. I've never heard of bitter feelings between Bulgaria and Croatia, nor between Levski and Haiduk in particular. As I only read the Bulgarian half of the story, I'm not going to point a finger at anyone, but it is a shame for all the fans involved from both sides.
I don't get it as well. If we look at the history, Croatia and Bulgaria shared "similar enemies" throughout the recent centuries. I always considered Bulgaria as one of the friendliest countries in the Balkans to Croatia. I guess the saying "enemy of our enemy is our friend" does not hold up here.
Last edited by nogomet on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Todor wrote:
nogomet wrote:At 4 a.m. last night this happened in front of the hotel in Sofia where Hajduk players and staff were sleeping:

I don't understand where this animosity came from. I've never heard of bitter feelings between Bulgaria and Croatia, nor between Levski and Haiduk in particular. As I only read the Bulgarian half of the story, I'm not going to point a finger at anyone, but it is a shame for all the fans involved from both sides.
Well I've seen that Croat fans like to noise up the hotel where the opponent is staying, so maybe it's payback for some of that in the first leg. That's a new one though, they're actually launching some of those fireworks into the building.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Lorric wrote:Well I've seen that Croat fans like to noise up the hotel where the opponent is staying, so maybe it's payback for some of that in the first leg. That's a new one though, they're actually launching some of those fireworks into the building.
Hajduk fans are famous for making the noise in the middle of the night in front of the opposing team's hotel, but the actual New Year's Eve type of fireworks is taking it up a couple of notches. I'm not against it, I consider it original and a part of the pre-match mind games, which is not against the rules in my mind. It's the physical violence from both sides that worries me.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Todor wrote:Countries, which might end their European adventure tonight:

Ireland: Both Cork City and Shamrock have a mountain to climb after narrow losses at home to AEK Larnaca and Mlada Boleslav respectively
Luxemburg: Both Fola and Niederkorn lost their first legs by 1:0, albeit Fola away to Inter Baku, whilst Niederkorn at home to AEL Limassol
Finland: Both remaining clubs HJK (lost 1:3 away to Skendija) and VPS (lost 0:2 away to Brondby) are in disadvantage
Slovakia: All three remaining clubs are in disadvantage after the first leg: Ruzemberok (lost 0:1 at home to Brann), Slovan (lost 0:1 at home to Lyngby) and Trenchin (drew 1:1 at home with Bnei Yehuda)
Bosnia and Herzegovina: Zeljeznicar drew at home 0:0 with AIK, Siroki Breg drew away 1:1 with Aberdeen
Montenegro: One team left Mladost with a clear advantage after the away win 1:0 against Sturm.
You forgot one. Three teams left, one already out.
Todor

Post by Todor »

Lurker wrote:
Todor wrote:Countries, which might end their European adventure tonight:

You forgot one. Three teams left, one already out.
:)
At least one of Norrkoeping, AIK or Oestersunds will make it.
Jim26

Post by Jim26 »

Unfortunately Aberdeen fans were also attacked in Mostar last night.

Story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-40654144

Apparently it was Zrinjski Mostar ultras who carried out the attack, not supporters of Siroki Brijeg.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Fans from Scotland are usually the friendliest fans you can have in your town. Idiotic...