French Football 2017-18

Domestic league and cup football
Malko

Post by Malko »

Duketown, you sais yourself why he doesn't play more......he comes back from injury...... .
Now, realize that playing in Monaco is a quite different challenge than in Feyenoord...idem concerning both leagues and the opponents. Now 23 is still young and Jardim seems to give him his chances.....
Last edited by Malko on Fri Dec 22, 2017 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

Malko wrote:Duketown, you sais yourself why he doesn't play more......he comes back from injury...... .
Now, realize that playing in Monaco is a quite different challenge than in Feyenoord...idem concerning both leagues and the opponents. Now 23 is still young and Emery seems to give him his chances.....
Yes, ok.. I know he got injured in the SuperCup but that's a while ago..

After playing at Feyenoord, Monaco is easy since there is no fan pressure and not even expectations to become champ. The question is if he is good enough, physical, technical, mental...
Although, it also need a specific mindset to play for that taxfree joke club.

Terrible he choose such non-club as Monaco since it seemed he was smarter: contrary to his also very talented brothers, he choose to remain at Feyenoord and that worked out pretty well since he already played many, many matches for his age.

Ps. Always wanted to ask: do fans pay entrance in Monaco? Or do they try to convince the fans with a free ticket, some champagne and kaviaar?

And is it true that Monaco installed speakers and mannequin to look like a real club?
Interested in football economics, trends, TPO, FFP, annual reports, stadium development & transfers. Accurate sources are Football leaks, UEFA club reports 2016, UEFA benchmark reports, KPMG, Deloitte, Asser Institute, CIES, FifPro.
Sao

Post by Sao »

Duketown wrote:Kongolo's competitors must me real good! Unbelievable such talented player hardly plays in Monaco.
Sounds like Jardim didn't think he was better than Jorge, not exactly one of Monaco's better players this season, and he wasn't going to dislodge Glik or Jemerson. I hear Monaco are pushing Kongolo out. He'll be loaned out to a club more suited to his level (about to turn 24yo and unproven in a big league, ouch).
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

Sao wrote:
Duketown wrote:Kongolo's competitors must me real good! Unbelievable such talented player hardly plays in Monaco.
Sounds like Jardim didn't think he was better than Jorge, not exactly one of Monaco's better players this season, and he wasn't going to dislodge Glik or Jemerson. I hear Monaco are pushing Kongolo out. He'll be loaned out to a club more suited to his level (about to turn 24yo and unproven in a big league, ouch).
You already proved not to be a connaisseur of Eredivisie, WC's and defenders with all your silly comments. I bet you didn't even know Kongolo. But this defender is really complete.

But going from Feyenoord to Monaco is an impossible step. Not because of quality difference but Kongolo must became instant depressed after his home debut, playing for a handful of fans. His youth matches at Feyenoord even had better atmosphere.

However, triple the salary (net *6!) obviously was his sole criteria to select his next club.
And not just the money. Who in his right mind sign for a club with such a no name coach? A career is to short to make such terrible clubs selection.

Anyways, his style of play fits Spain much better.
Interested in football economics, trends, TPO, FFP, annual reports, stadium development & transfers. Accurate sources are Football leaks, UEFA club reports 2016, UEFA benchmark reports, KPMG, Deloitte, Asser Institute, CIES, FifPro.
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

and don't you want to take some rest sometimes rather than bullshitting everybody ?
Last edited by Lyonnais on Tue Dec 19, 2017 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

I don’t understand why Bert hasn’t kicked him out yet. :dontknow:
He is a degenerate that spends most of his time writing nonsense about Portugal, hundreds of posts that he edits even over a year later! :oops:
And when he doesn’t get enough attention with that, sometimes he temporarily changes his target to “Netherlands is better than X” propaganda where X can also be Belgium, France, Italy, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia, Greece, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, etc.

This is annoying to everybody, particularly to the other Dutch members.

What kind of forum do you want, Bert?
Do you want clever and civilized people talking about football, or you want troglodytes who have nothing else to offer besides xenophobic brainwashing about how awesome their country is and how terrible everybody else is? :confused:
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

Dragonite wrote:I don’t understand why Bert hasn’t kicked him out yet. :dontknow:
He is a degenerate that spends most of his time writing nonsense about Portugal, hundreds of posts that he edits even over a year later! :oops:
And when he doesn’t get enough attention with that, sometimes he temporarily changes his target to “Netherlands is better than X” propaganda where X can also be Belgium, France, Italy, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia, Greece, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, etc.

This is annoying to everybody, particularly to the other Dutch members.

What kind of forum do you want, Bert?
Do you want clever and civilized people talking about football, or you want troglodytes who have nothing else to offer besides xenophobic brainwashing about how awesome their country is and how terrible everybody else is? :confused:
Dragonite..

You where do one starting to insult me because i have proven you wrong over and over again, specifically over Porto, biggest cheaters in football.

You are the one constantly going off topic, comparing to the Netherlands to counter some of my claims. Yet, Porto is under FFP no matter how much false info you spread, screaming if someone touch your brainwashed opinion. Besides, The Netherlands is WC medalholder for 8 years, which is a unique accomplishment. Your reaction: scream harder.

This post again since I never said anything about Austria, Swiss or Chekia.
You constantly do this, so it's real calling your post bullshit.

And now you feel supported and find other ways to continue being brainwashed. Typical Portuguese whining.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Duketown, speaking about Jardim telling him a no-name-coach......i really do not think anyone will take you serious.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

The usual suspects on top at half time. PSG are a done deal, but for the other 2 CL spots Monaco, Lyon and Marseille will fight probably until the end. I`d like to see Nantes in the EL after 17 years again. Bordeaux and St.Etienne have a very disappointing season.
Malko

Post by Malko »

PMcP, yes, but this is the Cup, where only B-teams of the big squads are aligned.......and it's one ONE game,.....through a whole season, PSG will be on top....PSG is in France what Barcelona is in Spain and Munich in germany
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

bugylibicska wrote:The usual suspects on top at half time. PSG are a done deal, but for the other 2 CL spots Monaco, Lyon and Marseille will fight probably until the end. I`d like to see Nantes in the EL after 17 years again. Bordeaux and St.Etienne have a very disappointing season.
good summary of the first half of the season!
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Malko

Post by Malko »

...well it's like this in all big Leagues all over Europe.......Real and Barca do not struggle against relaegation, Bayernis not afraid not having a CL-spot, Juventus and Napoli also are in front...and in England, no Sunderland, Watford or Burnsley on the first spots.....nothing special in France concerning this.....
Carson

Post by Carson »

I've always found more excitement watching relegation battle as a neutral anyway people who say things are boring tend to only care about the top of the league.

We don't have relegation in Australian sport so it's always fascinated me more than maybe it does for people who grew up with it.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Carson, so the teams in the fisrt australian league....are always the same?????? I know this exists in USA baskettball, but in football(soccer), i didn't know......well, i really find this boring and stupid, so no other team ever has a chance to play on top....
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Malko wrote:Carson, so the teams in the fisrt australian league....are always the same?????? I know this exists in USA baskettball, but in football(soccer), i didn't know......well, i really find this boring and stupid, so no other team ever has a chance to play on top....
The USA doesn't have relegation in soccer leagues. It would almost undoubtedly be better for the development of the leagues if we did, but financial interests in the short run seem to preclude the possibility.
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."