CL Semifinals 2017/18

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Polak

Post by Polak »

I think people are overestimating Roma because of their Barcelona comeback.

Not taking anything away from Roma, but Barcelona just didn't show up to the return leg of that tie. Of course Roma played very well and this must have had some impact on Barcelona's performance, but in the 1st half of the 2nd leg particularly, they were non-existent.

Liverpool are in too good form to lose the away match 3-0 or 4-1. Somebody mentioned they will score in the away leg. I also can't see Liverpool not scoring [so far they have scored in every CL away game].

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up winning the away leg too, just like they did in the quarter final.
seso wrote:Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino have 10 goals each in the CL this season and Sadio Mané has 8! All three of them are 26 years old!
That's impressive, but what does them being 26 have to do with it? That isn't that young in football terms.
seso

Post by seso »

Polak wrote: That's impressive, but what does them being 26 have to do with it? That isn't that young in football terms.
It's a very good age for a footballer, not old at all! It means that you have at least another two good transfers ahead of you!!
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Bayern without Neuer, Vidal, Coman and probably Alaba. Normally four important players and regular starters. Let's see what the old guys Ribery and Robben have left in the tank. And how about Lewandowski? Five years ago he has scored four goals against Real with Dortmund. Müller loves these games even more. On the other side, CR7 always scores. Probably in Munich too (again...).

Should be a good one!
Polak

Post by Polak »

I'm looking forward to today's match. These teams have had some good battles in the past.

BurningStorm mentioned the missing players and I think that could be decisive. I mean, to be missing your 1st choice goalkeeper, a key defender and in my eyes, a slightly underrated and extremely important midfielder, could be crucial. Coman would also be useful alternative to have tonight in attack, particularly with Douglas Costa out on loan this season [a decision I still don't understand. He would be so useful to have right now].

If not for these absences I would have seen this as a 50/50 tie, but in this case Real Madrid have a clear advantage.

Just on the goalkeeper point, I hear Ulreich has done a decent job replacing Neuer for much of this season and can somebody confirm if this is true or just a false rumour, but I heard he is even being considered for the German squad at the World Cup?
SirHenri

Post by SirHenri »

Kimmich runs, Kimmich watches out twice. But he just decides to jam it in ! :banana:

@ Ulreich : yeah, he was pretty good. No decision yet, if he joins the World Cup Squad. I guess no.
SirHenri

Post by SirHenri »

Bayern with pressure now ! Looking for a second before HT.
But Real scores.
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

undeserved goal for Real, Bayern deserved the second one more. Real has got lots of luck.
Malko

Post by Malko »

Very very poor match. But Ouf...thank you Marcelo.....Bayern scored out of nowhere, when Real began to take the match in his hands. after the 1-0, Real doubted a little (why?) and Bayern tried to score a second, but logically Marcelo made thescore even now...real , i hope , will now begin to play a little, because the match is crap in comparision to yestrerday's match.
Last edited by Malko on Wed Apr 25, 2018 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
AlanK
Location: Salem, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain; occasionally Lisboa

Post by AlanK »

Can't watch; listening to Cadena Ser. Announcers: Real lucky to escape first half with a tie; Bayern coulda scored two or three. Real playing extremely nervous futbol; only a good shot by Marcelo against run of play has left Real even.
So let's see whether "el que perdona termina pagándolo." :mrgreen:

Edit: malko, according to what the pro-Real announcers are saying, you must be watching a different game :!: They seem to think that Bayern is playing their game and Real has been lucky to escape with their lives.
Last edited by AlanK on Wed Apr 25, 2018 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

That's Real. One lucky shot and 1-1.

Robben and Boateng already substituted because of injuries...

And Kuipers didn't have the balls to give a yellow to Carvahal.
Malko

Post by Malko »

BurningStorm, but Bayern also scored on the first occasion...and even was dominated till then.......so who is lucky?????
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Bayern should be ahead, but Ribery missed a huge chance and there`re a few lesser chances. Great shot by Marcelo. Yesterday`s game was much better.
kaerin

Post by kaerin »

Why are Bayern players getting injured and early subbed so often during games? is there anything wrong in health/injury department?
Malko

Post by Malko »

kaerin, they have a very very dubious chief-doctor...since years.....
SirHenri

Post by SirHenri »

Bayern miss all their chances, Real scores on lethal counter. That's the way it goes...