Greek Football Season 17/18

Domestic league and cup football
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Spanish referee David Fernandez Borbalan will be the Cup Final's referee.

HFF proving once again how rotten it is, if ANY other team against AEK or PAOK had asked for foreign referees they would be laughed at, and the request denied.

Meanwhile Serbian and Belarussian (!!!) hooligans have arrived in Athens to help the two fighting sides in the sequel of the "battle of Volos" in OAKA. I wonder whether there will be a death this time, because it is sure that the extensive fighting will be inevitable.
seso

Post by seso »

Good morning forum! I noticed something funny/interesting about Pana and this year's superleague: In 30 matches they had 10 wins, 10 draws and 10 losses, they scored 30 goals and conceded 30 goals. Perfect balance! :roll:
shikabalas

Post by shikabalas »

As expected, a walk in the park for PAOK in the cup final, 0-2 win vs AEK in their home stadium, with many lost chances and even a missed penalty in the first half.
First back to back titles for PAOK and also first cup in OAKA. Even the blind saw today how much better PAOK was than AEK when the match is played on the pitch and not in the courtroom.

Lets see now how the teams will prepare their roster for the European battles ahead.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

seso wrote:Good morning forum! I noticed something funny/interesting about Pana and this year's superleague: In 30 matches they had 10 wins, 10 draws and 10 losses, they scored 30 goals and conceded 30 goals. Perfect balance! :roll:
:applause: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

dnina10 wrote:
seso wrote:Good morning forum! I noticed something funny/interesting about Pana and this year's superleague: In 30 matches they had 10 wins, 10 draws and 10 losses, they scored 30 goals and conceded 30 goals. Perfect balance! :roll:
:applause: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I appreciate this too. :)
nikolapfc89
FEPG champion

Post by nikolapfc89 »

shikabalas wrote:As expected, a walk in the park for PAOK in the cup final, 0-2 win vs AEK in their home stadium, with many lost chances and even a missed penalty in the first half.
First back to back titles for PAOK and also first cup in OAKA. Even the blind saw today how much better PAOK was than AEK when the match is played on the pitch and not in the courtroom.

Lets see now how the teams will prepare their roster for the European battles ahead.
Congrats! Great match by PAOK. Totaly deserved.
Just too bad matches those 2 derbies didnt finished on pitch.
Partizan Beograd!
og2002gr

Post by og2002gr »

A super-motivated PAOK won a deserved Cup title against AEK that looked on "hangover mode" after winning a deserved League title.
The participation of an international referee was crucial, not because he was better, but because no one was prejudiced-suspicious against him.

It is the first time I see the players and the fans of a team dedicating a title to the man who deprived them of the right to claim previous title.

Hall of fame:
27 - Olympiacos
18 - Panathinaikos
15 - AEK
6 - PAOK
2 - Panionios, Larissa
fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues :arrow: fewer spots :arrow: weaker leagues

http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/viewtop ... 52#p359852
betrayor

Post by betrayor »

Amr Warda was declared the MVP of this year's season.
He had indeed a brilliant season and in my opinion he was fairly the best player of the championship.
seso

Post by seso »

The 2017-18 Greek second division (football league) has been completed. OFI and Aris were comfortably promoted to the first division. Anagennisi Karditsa, Panserraikos, Panegialios, Kallithea, Veria and Acharnaikos were relegated to the third division (amateur leagues).

Iraklis, Volos NFC, Aittitos Spata (means undefeated [from Spata]!) and Asteras Amaliada were promoted from the third division.
Roque

Post by Roque »

seso wrote:The 2017-18 Greek second division (football league) has been completed. OFI and Aris were comfortably promoted to the first division. Anagennisi Karditsa, Panserraikos, Panegialios, Kallithea, Veria and Acharnaikos were relegated to the third division (amateur leagues).

Iraklis, Volos NFC, Aittitos Spata (means undefeated [from Spata]!) and Asteras Amaliada were promoted from the third division.
A restructure of the 2nd tier now, I assume, with more clubs going down than coming up?

I wonder if Iraklis will manage a double promotion. When was the last time all 3 Thessaloniki teams were in the top flight?
seso

Post by seso »

Roque wrote: A restructure of the 2nd tier now, I assume, with more clubs going down than coming up?
Yes. But of course decisions can change at any time...
Roque wrote: I wonder if Iraklis will manage a double promotion. When was the last time all 3 Thessaloniki teams were in the top flight?
In 2010-11 PAOK, Aris and Iraklis competed in the top division.
seso

Post by seso »

It's a quiet day at the office so I check the 'structure' of next year's 1st and 2nd divisions:

In the first division (Superleague) there will be 6 clubs from Athens/Piraeus, two from Thessaloniki and one from Larissa, Tripoli, Lamia, Livadeia, Heraklion, Agrinio, Ioannina and Xanthi. Namely, we will have 7 clubs within 100 km...

Interestingly in the 2nd division (Football league) there will be no club from Athens! I think this is the first time ever that this happens [I checked on Wikipedia back to the 2004-05 season, but I am bored to look further back!!]. There will be two clubs from Thessaloniki, two from Heraklion, two from Chania (overall there will be 5 clubs from Crete in the two top divisions) and one from Aiginio, Spata, Larissa, Drama, Arta, Corfu, Patra, Sparta, Trikala and Volos.