UEFA Champions League 2019/2020 QR1

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
totosexpandingheadband

Post by totosexpandingheadband »

bugylibicska wrote:Videoton/Vidi/Fehervar knocked out Ludogorets last year. I see the chances as close to equal between Fradi and Ludogorets. Forumites from Bulgaria have not much confidence in Ludo, they seem to be in a decline. Cluj are not exactly new in Europe, started more than 10 years ago, though compared to Astana or BATE they've less experience. I see all 3 ties as close to 50/50.

Not so long ago,Ludo were comfortably above every BG team,now they are just another BG team,and the league standard is falling,so a double whammy for them.
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

do we know the numbers of the balls through which the couplings were formed?? :roll:
since we had --> 32 teams were divided into two groups (group 1 and 2) of ten teams and into one group (group 3) of 12 teams
quelhar

Post by quelhar »

angel_87 wrote:do we know the numbers of the balls through which the couplings were formed?? :roll:
since we had --> 32 teams were divided into two groups (group 1 and 2) of ten teams and into one group (group 3) of 12 teams
There were no numbers in this draw and the guy just drawed all three groups separately with names of clubs and not numbers.
SK Slavia Praha fan
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

anty1975 wrote:
bugylibicska wrote:
Group 1 is a death trap. No weak seeded team and Cluj with Ferencvaros among the unseeded. Crvena Zvezda - Cluj possible, compare that to TNS - Torshavn in group 3.
Group 2 is unbalanced, no dangerous team among the unseeded. Even Dudelange or Sheriff might get an easy ride.
Group 3 is tailored for the North. The only serious opponent among the unseeded is Piast Gliwice. Same old tricks, now they threw Maribor into the mix to confuse the geographically challenged.
I agree in general but FK Sarajevo is a good team for this level. They can trouble seeds in group 2, ok may be not Celtic but certainly others.
They should have been drawn against Sheriff or Dudelange to gauge their approximate strength. Though, I'd love to see them trouble Celtic, too.
amenina

Post by amenina »

nogomet wrote:The drawing guy did not mix Ludogorets' and Ferencvaros' balls in the middle bowl to the determine who will be the host in the first leg. Instead, he simply picked the ball from the seeded bowl first and singlehandedly decided that it is Ludogorets who will host the first leg.

Bravo, UEFA. Bravo!
It turns out that the Ernst & Young people monitoring the draw did notice the error, and alerted UEFA so UEFA later re-drew the order of legs in an empty room. Thus, the order of legs was reversed from the original draw: now Ferencvaros will host the first leg and Ludogorets will host the second leg.

https://www.origo.hu/sport/futball/2019 ... -hiba.html
Eurofootballgeek

Post by Eurofootballgeek »

If anything this now benefits Ludogorets
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Anybody knows why the Celtic - Sarajevo fixtures were reversed?
subway14

Post by subway14 »

bugylibicska wrote:Anybody knows why the Celtic - Sarajevo fixtures were reversed?
yeah I also wondered about that as apparently there aren't other teams from Glasgow or Sarajevo playing at the same time, it's probably to have the bigger team play at home the 2nd leg :lol:
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

subway14 wrote:
bugylibicska wrote:Anybody knows why the Celtic - Sarajevo fixtures were reversed?
yeah I also wondered about that as apparently there aren't other teams from Glasgow or Sarajevo playing at the same time, it's probably to have the bigger team play at home the 2nd leg :lol:
Maybe 1 of the stadiums is used for something else at the original date?
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Forza AZ wrote:
subway14 wrote:
I made some digging and found out. Sarajevo requested the reverse, they're concerned about the short time given for getting their visas.
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

possible that there must be all these mysteries every time ??
apart from the fact that the mistake involving the Ludogorets is really absurd.

also, the videos of the draws have already disappeared ?? I can't find them in the related pages (both Q1 and Q2)
:roll:
Lilywhite

Post by Lilywhite »

bugylibicska wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:
subway14 wrote: yeah I also wondered about that as apparently there aren't other teams from Glasgow or Sarajevo playing at the same time, it's probably to have the bigger team play at home the 2nd leg :lol:
I made some digging and found out. Sarajevo requested the reverse, they're concerned about the short time given for getting their visas.
Ridiculous situation really and very unfair. If governments can't guarentee that the athletes will get visas promptly then their clubs simply shouldn't be allowed to compete.
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Lilywhite wrote:
bugylibicska wrote:
Forza AZ wrote: Maybe 1 of the stadiums is used for something else at the original date?
Ridiculous situation really and very unfair. If governments can't guarentee that the athletes will get visas promptly then their clubs simply shouldn't be allowed to compete.
If 3 weeks are not enough to procure a visa, then something wrong. I suspect something else also plays into their request to reverse the fixtures. Namely, they know Sarajevo have small chance to knock out Celtic and if they lose the 1st leg in Glasgow by a big margin the home fans won't bother to turn up for the 2nd leg. Playing the 1st leg in Sarajevo there's a good chance their stadium fills up, 34 thousand capacity.
subway14

Post by subway14 »

Lilywhite wrote:
bugylibicska wrote:
Forza AZ wrote: Maybe 1 of the stadiums is used for something else at the original date?
well the visa is granted by a foreign country right? :amstupid:
Eurofootballgeek

Post by Eurofootballgeek »

Surely the concern would be over fans visas, as oppposed to players