Welsh Premier League 2020-21

Domestic league and cup football
seso

Post by seso »

Connah’s Quay Nomads celebrate winning the championship!

38-year-old top-scorer Michael Wilde is third from the right (front row)!
seso

Post by seso »

ECL play-offs:
Barry Town 1-3 Caernarfon Town and Caernarfon Town qualifies to the final (May 29th).
Penybont vs Newtown today.

It means that one of Caernarfon Town, Penybont or Newtown will compete in ECL-Q1 for Wales; all three clubs have very limited european match experience.
V Yo-Yo

Post by V Yo-Yo »

https://youtu.be/k6N2MaAmnow
Here is a stream for the second ECL playoff
seso

Post by seso »

Great!
V Yo-Yo

Post by V Yo-Yo »

Newtown take the lead in the 86th min.
seso

Post by seso »

Penybont 0-1 Newtown

So the ECL play-off final is Newtown vs Caernarfon Town! The clubs finished in 6th and 7th position after the second phase.
seso

Post by seso »

@V Yo-Yo:
Saturday 29 May 2021 at 12:00
Caernarfon Town vs Newtown AFC
on S4C!
V Yo-Yo

Post by V Yo-Yo »

https://youtu.be/jTRZN9kk8rE
Here is the stream for the UECL playoff if someone is looking for an early game before the CL final tonight. 1-1 so far. :up:

Edit: Newtown complete the comeback : 1-2 just before half time.
seso

Post by seso »

I'm watching it on S4C V Yo-Yo, great match! Caernarfon Town is better imo, bit it looks like Newtown will win it! It will be the second time, after 2018-19, that the club that finished top of the relegation group wins a european spot! From fighting to avoid relegation, to qualifying for european competitions! In 2018-19 it was Cardiff MU!
seso

Post by seso »

The Team of the Season has been announced:
Goalkeeper: Oliver Byrne (Connah's Quay Nomads)
Defenders: John Disney (Connah's Quay Nomads), Ryan Astles (The New Saints), George Horan (Connah's Quay Nomads), Kane Owen (Penybont)
Midfielders: Callum Morris (Connah's Quay Nomads), Ryan Brobbel (The New Saints), Adrian Cieślewicz (The New Saints), Danny Davies (Connah's Quay Nomads)
Forwards: Chris Venables (Bala Town), Michael Wilde (Connah's Quay Nomads)

So, six players from the Nomads, three from TNS, one each from Penybont and Bala Town. Eight players are from England, two from Wales and one from Poland.

Michael Wilde is also Player of the Season.
seso

Post by seso »

The end of an era!! Greg Draper has left TNS after 10 seasons with the club and signed with Guilsfield FC, which plays at Cymru North (Welsh second division, north).

Greg Draper is 32 years old, he was born in Chard, Somerset, UK, before his parents emigrated to Christchurch, New Zealand when he was 12 years old. He has one app for the New Zealand national team.

Draper's honours as part of TNS: Welsh Premier League Team of the Year: 2011–12, 2017–18, Welsh Premier League Golden Boot: 2017–18, 2018–19. He had about 300 apps with them and scored 163 goals. He won the league 9 times and the Cup 5 times.

seso

Post by seso »

Another image of Greg Draper (the one above is lost):

seso

Post by seso »

Good news!!

The Welsh first division (Cymru Premier) starts again on 13 August 2021!! The first matches include: Newtown AFC vs The New Saints and Cefn Druids vs Connah's Quay Nomads!! I will be on Summer holidays then, but I will start the Welsh football thread when I am back online!!

The Welsh second division South (Cymru South) starts on 23 July 2021 with Briton Ferry vs Swansea University!! I saw Swansea University FC training on Friday afternoon, so I thought the start would be near!! :clapping: